The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Congratulations, you've just trumped Glenmavis Diamond for the most embarrassing Airdrie related content of the weekend and that's saying something. The fact you had to edit this as well...

Oh No Ugh GIF

😂 Get a grip FFS. 

Clearly humour sails over some people's head. Top of the league but let's not try to enjoy it. Some fans have become too used to the misery I think. 

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye will be hard at the moment to take any chances, there is the lad from Dundee United think he is a midfielder, and will depend how they are doing on the training ground . 

Young Caves I believe. Only 17 years old so has his whole career ahead of him. Will struggle to get into what is a very good midfield but he's a very capable player. 

9 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Young Caves I believe. Only 17 years old so has his whole career ahead of him. Will struggle to get into what is a very good midfield but he's a very capable player. 

Agree, we have a really good choice of player for midfield. 

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Jesus...

Edit to add: Thanks for the 4th profile view in the last week and a half you absolute stalking alias weirdo 😂😂😂

What’s folks obsession with profile views man, u actual live and breathe pie and bovril 😂

Try enjoy ursel abit more bud, we’re top of the league. 

Great win yesterday. Firstly, to get back on track after last week and take the opportunity to go top of the league. Secondly, that's exactly the sort of game we'd have lost even last season. A well organised, difficult to break down team but who have the quality still to cause you trouble. Before this season we wouldn't have scored before half-time, they'd have got a goal and defended their lead with ease while we desperately failed to break them down. 

The first-half was stuffy but the goal really opened the game up for us and seemed to give us a confidence boost at the right time. Great finish by Easton, as were the other two goals. Middle to front we were superb once again. McInroy had another excellent game. Took his goal (and the one that got disallowed) well, got stuck in, good positioning and gave us that bit of drive and impetus going forward the entire game, but especially in the first-half when it was mostly lacking. He's said previously that he doesn't think Celtic will give him a new deal. I'd be throwing an offer his way ASAP. Easton (deservedly) gets all the plaudits but I thought Frizzell was brilliant again yesterday and my MotM. He's just as integral to the way we play as the others. The ball was sticking to his feet like he had glue on his boots and I like that he's not afraid to have a shot at goal or get stuck in despite his (lack of) size. Gal and Smith are linking up really potently. I think they make each other better players and they clearly have a good understanding. Both of their overall hold-up and link-up play has improved and some of Gal's work-rate and hold-up play yesterday was just fantastic. Can't believe he made THAT miss again though 😂 Overall however, they're both playing well and coming up with goals and assists. Fingers crossed Salim's scans return positive news and he can get back to delivering on the pitch also. 

It was good to see Luke Lyons return and get some minutes under his belt. Assuming he's not some Joe Gorman-like disaster just having another proper centre-half/defender on the pitch should make a positive difference and make us more solid. Obviously he might need a few more weeks to get up to speed but if his return allows McCabe to return to the midfield and Josh Kerr to get the treatment/rest/rehabilitation he needs for his calf problem then we'll be all the better for it.

Not sure what Max Currie was playing at but what a brain fart for the goal. A shame the camera never caught it! I was having flashbacks of the 3-4 Boxing Day game under EWB but thankfully we were able to see it out. I blame @AndyDD for suggesting we should make the end of games difficult for ourselves in the latest podcast. 

With us being top of the league, winning most weeks and playing so well I don't want to dwell on any negatives too much but I am concerned that we're essentially just going to have to muddle through until January without a proper left-back. There's obviously nothing we can do in that regard but it is a weak spot that teams will and are taking advantage of. McGill has been decent there at times and Walker did well enough yesterday within his own ability but neither are a long-term solution there  either at the back or going forward and McDonald seems to have completely fallen out of the picture. This will hopefully be addressed ASAP in January. I'd still also like us to bring in a winger or a wide-forward. Murray and Agnew have both spoken recently in their DTV interviews about the importance of our full-backs and wide players stretching the play. But apart from Watson we don't have anyone who can actually do that, which can make us a bit predictable and lopsided. We suffered from that lack of ability to stretch the game against Alloa as neither Smith or McGill are proper wide players and it's something that could well happen again. Just having that player as an extra option would be helpful. 

Great feeling being top of the league! Full credit to the players, managers, board and staff for getting us into this position. Now we have to deal with the pressure of staying there. Huge run of games coming up. An East Fife side who have found a bit of form next week, Cove the following week then Montrose and Queen's Park at the start of December. Need to get as many points as possible from those games to put us in a strong position to (hopefully) strengthen in January. 

1 hour ago, Diamond1924 said:

What’s folks obsession with profile views man, u actual live and breathe pie and bovril 😂

Try enjoy ursel abit more bud, we’re top of the league. 

You're a self confessed burner account set up to rip into the club during the Quitongo stuff. Why are you still about, talking increasing amounts of nonsense, with increasingly poorer grammar?????

2 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

😂 Get a grip FFS. 

Clearly humour sails over some people's head. Top of the league but let's not try to enjoy it. Some fans have become too used to the misery I think. 

Yes, humour. Starting an ubercringe thread is the height of "bants" after all. 

8 hours ago, Rio 2 said:

Maybe some of the aliases on here can shed some light on the Quitongo situation.

Is he still on the payroll?

Would actually be good to know this. Unluckily, none of his professional representation post on Pie and Bovril apparently according to their official company twitter...

In all seriousness the club need to address his ongoing absence. I genuinely feel for him, but we need to know if a. the club have held him back from playing (which would be a very bad look for them given the circumstances). Or b. Rico is refusing to play (which puts everyone in an awkward spot).

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Would actually be good to know this. Unluckily, none of his professional representation post on Pie and Bovril apparently according to their official company twitter...

In all seriousness the club need to address his ongoing absence. I genuinely feel for him, but we need to know if a. the club have held him back from playing (which would be a very bad look for them given the circumstances). Or b. Rico is refusing to play (which puts everyone in an awkward spot).

Absolutely, although option b is a simple one.

I would guess that he's probably on the sick list.

13 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Not sure what Max Currie was playing at but what a brain fart for the goal. A shame the camera never caught it! I was having flashbacks of the 3-4 Boxing Day game under EWB but thankfully we were able to see it out. I blame @AndyDD for suggesting we should make the end of games difficult for ourselves in the latest podcast. 

An otherwise great post sullied by this outrageous attempt to chuck me under the bus. For shame, @airdrieman, for shame! 

Really enjoyed Saturday, albeit the first 45 was a tight, fairly dull affair, with Peterhead looking very solid and dangerous on the counter, especially with set-pieces and crosses into the box. There was one early doors that looked like McLean was going to get on top of, but thankfully he just missed it. They worked very hard off the ball but persistence from Frizzel (My MoTM as well) and Easton, a mistake from the defender as a consequence and then Easton's, ahem, dynamic skill totally changed the game. It might have been a very different second half had we gone in level. 

Second half performance was excellent and Airdrie should have scored more. A few chances given up at the other end mind you, and some sharper finishing from the visitors would have seen at least a couple of them taken, but over the piece a merited three points, a very good afternoon in the league for us and an Airdrie side who are a genuine pleasure to go watch. 

Agnew was a good influence in the game, McInroy is some player and I dearly hope we can keep him at least until the end of the season, Gal and Smith work so well together and that really should have been a clean sheet, to boot. Max must be delighted the camera had moved on... He has and will pull us out of a few fires though, so we'll forgive and forget. He clearly knew I had some coin on 3-1. Top lad, is Max. 

Gutted to be missing next week but I'll stream it and cross my fingers that we manage that rarely sighted beast; a win away at East Fife.

On 08/11/2021 at 16:15, Diamond1924 said:

Considering a players Instagram post today, Quitongo seems to be training with the squad.

Great news! 

Encouraging news. I hope that, primarily, he is okay, in a good frame of mind and has been supported by the players' union and club to reach a positive, amicable and satisfactory resolution. It'd be a big boost to have him back. 

On 09/11/2021 at 22:04, airdrieman said:

Encouraging news. I hope that, primarily, he is okay, in a good frame of mind and has been supported by the players' union and club to reach a positive, amicable and satisfactory resolution. It'd be a big boost to have him back. 

Any further news on  Quitongo, site been very quiet since Tues, or is there another site  with Airdrie updates, 

Delighted to see Quitongo starting and hopefully it means we're getting closer to a full strength squad but a bit surprised to see Lyons neither starting nor on the bench after making a brief cameo last week. Hopefully nothing too serious

Edited by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds
typo