The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

5 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

McDonaldย  playedย  right wing back against motherwellย  when we were forced to change . He got MO T M,ย 

I genuinely think playing McGill at LB is in part, to shoehorn him into the team as he's a good player. Not ideal of course. Could Mcdonald be better there? Maybe, but it's still a right footed player at LB. Not the end of the world of course. But he's still a young lad with limited experience so still not the answer IMO. I think we will be stuck with a makeshift LB, most likely McGill, until we can sign players again.ย 

42 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

I genuinely think playing McGill at LB is in part, to shoehorn him into the team as he's a good player. Not ideal of course. Could Mcdonald be better there? Maybe, but it's still a right footed player at LB. Not the end of the world of course. But he's still a young lad with limited experience so still not the answer IMO. I think we will be stuck with a makeshift LB, most likely McGill, until we can sign players again.ย 

Makes you wonder why we sign some young lads, not going to get much experienceย  here,ย 

On 05/11/2021 at 10:24, peternapper said:

As mentioned did not get an e-mail to print my ticket for visiting on Saturday. Phoned the club and the girl was able to check my order & send out my ticket for printing off, turned out there was a letter mising off my e-mail address. As mentioned by others staff were very pleasant & helpful. All i need now is for The Bluetoon to turn up & not give Airdrie a 3 goal start. Thanks to all who tried to help.

ย 

A "three goal start you say" lol

3 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I can't make this game so I was planning to watch on DTV. I thought it would work automatically since I have a season ticket but I still need a code which I haven't received in any emails. Anyone know how to watch?

I asked Ann Marie about such a scenario and as far as I know you actually have to pay againย  for the DTV , although contacting the club early enough might let then give you/credit you an access code

On to the top of the League after all those late goals in L1. Who would have thought that Keiran Millar can actually score , assisted by Liam Watt? So lets hope that's them for the season. On the game itself I don't know if the wind was affecting the play as it was all a bit sideways and safe for much of the first half: plenty of possession but Peterhead were also in the game. It was a bit flat and Easton was a wee bit annoying at times- a guy near me complained quite rightly, that there was just too much fancy stuff, just as the Penny Cabs Messi wriggled into the box and fired in at the near post. Cue enormous smiles and joy and relief from all around us. The first goal often wins the game and that was indeed the case today. It let us dominate the 2nd half and whilst Gallagher somehow managed not to score , the real skill of McInroy got the vital 2nd. Gallagher did work really hard and it was his onward header that set Smith up for the third. I thought all the forwards were really busy in the 2nd half and it was a well deserved win-indeed it could/should have been more. I will let Currie off with that howler as he might have been distracted by the swirly wind , but that's not what I said at the time . Can't disagree with MOM but Frizzell seemed to be everywhere as he bounced along past all those tackles. Walker did well up against one of Peterhead's better players but a LB challenge is still there. Marvellous feeling and well done guys. Now for Methil and the chance to annoy Darren Young

46 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I asked Ann Marie about such a scenario and as far as I know you actually have to pay againย  for the DTV , although contacting the club early enough might let then give you/credit you an access code

I wasn't too bothered as I was fairly busy and would only really have been able to watch some of the game in passing but thanks for the response. I'll catch the highlights tomorrow.

1 minute ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I wasn't too bothered as I was fairly busy and would only really have been able to watch some of the game in passing but thanks for the response. I'll catch the highlights tomorrow.

Should be well worth watching! I must contact the club to see if they have a policy on ST/Club 24 supporters who might not be able to attend in person. I think they were worried we'd hand over our shiny card to someone else for that day! I wonder if the computer system shows that I have attended in person? The delights of living in such strange times ( and I don't mean being top of the League)

On 05/11/2021 at 13:21, Jack Reed said:

Makes you wonder why we sign some young lads, not going to get much experienceย  here,ย 

He was signed to be competition for centre mid. Circumstances have led to him playing at LB, nothing else. As today showed, he will be on the bench or competing for midfield starting places. He's a good player and adds to our midfield when he has had the chance.ย 

2 hours ago, khalidonianb said:

A "three goal start you say" lol

Me & my big mouthย ๐Ÿ˜. Honestly was sitting waiting for the ref to blow halftime & thinking it had been quite a boring 1st half then having plenty chance to clear the ball we give it away in our box & go in one down. Disappointed with our display in defence our players were onlookers for the other two goals & even had an Airdrie player for clearing the ball off our goal line. Think the only thing that kept the score down was Airdrie overplaying things in the box. We are missingย  Niah Payne as he is physical enough to help take the load off McLean who was unlucky with a fine shot that hit the bar. Will be interesting to see our goalย  not sure who it was for us just went for a clearance up the park the keeper tried to show his ball control but kicked it in instead. Thought both teams probably could have played better but Airdrie deserved the win. Special mention to the mince pies best i have had in the league for sometime

45 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

King ๐Ÿ‘‘ย 

ย  Reveal hidden contents

ย 

67B54611-F39C-4987-B6B3-F0E463304FCF.jpeg

Congratulations, you've just trumped Glenmavis Diamond for the most embarrassing Airdrie related content of the weekend and that's saying something. The fact you had to edit this as well...

Oh No Ugh GIF

21 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

He was signed to be competition for centre mid. Circumstances have led to him playing at LB, nothing else. As today showed, he will be on the bench or competing for midfield starting places. He's a good player and adds to our midfield when he has had the chance.ย 

Aye will be hard at the moment to take any chances, there is the lad from Dundee United think he is a midfielder, and will depend how they are doing on the training ground .ย 

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Congratulations, you've just trumped Glenmavis Diamond for the most embarrassing Airdrie related content of the weekend and that's saying something. The fact you had to edit this as well...

Oh No Ugh GIF

Quite clearly a joke bucketheed ๐Ÿ˜‚ย ye never edited suhn either naw hahahaha

Edited by Diamond1924