The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Tried and thought i had bought & paid for one this morning but no e-mail conformation. Tried to e-mail & phone the club a few times during the day but nobody replies, is this usual?

Could be that no-one is on reception, but someone will reply to your email sooner or later. If you went through the payment process maybe check your junk folder in case the confirmation landed in there?

Tried and thought i had bought & paid for one this morning but no e-mail conformation. Tried to e-mail & phone the club a few times during the day but nobody replies, is this usual?

Sometimes takes a wee while for the email to come through, I bought a ticket for the Motherwell game at the start of the season online and it took about an hour or so for the ticket to be sent to me via email[emoji1360][emoji1360]

2 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Thanks for the advice folks, will re-check but it seemed to go through, think i found it on the website & went matches, then selected tickets for the Peterhead game. Had bother with the Falkirk game down there& had to contact their office to get sorted. Should maybe have left it until tomorrow but sure it will work out in the end.

Edited by peternapper

Thanks for the advice folks, will re-check but it seemed to go through, think i found it on the website & went matches, then selected tickets for the Peterhead game. Had bother with the Falkirk game down there& had to contact their office to get sorted. Should maybe have left it until tomorrow but sure it will work out in the end.

The office staff at airdrie are generally brilliant at getting back to you and sorting any issues. Sometimes I’ve had to wait a while for the email to drop in but it’s always arrived.

The office staff at airdrie are generally brilliant at getting back to you and sorting any issues. Sometimes I’ve had to wait a while for the email to drop in but it’s always arrived.
Likewise, I had a couple of issues earlier in the season with multiple season tickets and ordering of cup tickets online however despite my being a grumpy, sweary, carnaptious individual (and that's on a good day) they have never once failed to help.

10 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

No disrespect but I'd trust Murray's understanding of Walkers position over yours. He is in fact a centre half. 

Aye right manager is always right, you would have thought that Walkers stats would have said  centre half  but my mistake, 

On 02/11/2021 at 18:35, Mr November said:

Murray said before the Alloa game that Lyons was back in full training, though given how long he was out for you'd think he might need a few weeks to get up to full fitness. I know we're all talking about Walker coming in at right back and moving Watson inside but after the Falkirk game Murray said Walker's natural position is centre back. I suppose it comes down to trust but given Watson's a better option going forward I wonder if we could try Walker at centre back beside Fordyce? I don't think he's played anywhere other than right back for us, other than a short spell in midfield when everyone went off injured at home to Morton in the play-offs, but it could be an other option. McCabe's been a very important player so far this season and getting him back into midfield would make a massive difference.

It definitely does come down to trust and so far Murray hasn't trusted Walker to play centre back once, instead preferring to play a 5ft 9 centre mid there. It might be his preferred position but I can't see Walker playing centre back any time soon.

1 hour ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

It definitely does come down to trust and so far Murray hasn't trusted Walker to play centre back once, instead preferring to play a 5ft 9 centre mid there. It might be his preferred position but I can't see Walker playing centre back any time soon.

Yeah I agree. I wouldn’t be against us trying it, especially as it would allow us to maintain some width on the right with Watson bombing forward but Murray knows a lot more about Walker’s ability and how suited he would be to playing there and as you say, I don’t think it will happen. We’ve seen a massive difference in the style of play this season having guys in key positions that Murray clearly trusts, rather than forcing the few players he trusts into unnatural positions like he did with the midfield for most of last season, so I’m quite happy to go with whatever he thinks works in terms of Walker/Watson.

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

At the expense of Watson?

Surely no at the expense of Watson.It just comes down to opinions, In Jack McKay case after he was here once I certainly would not have played him, but manager had him and his brother on the team sheet first  and he knows best apparently. 

3 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

I’d like to see walker get a run of games at RB when Kerr is back fit!

Kerr is a real asset and the piece we are missing at the back. Just a shame he is injured so much. 

Thought we’d have gone for a defender this week to let McCabe slot back into midfield where he is more influential.

Still thing Agnew is a shout for LB or at least worth trying out. Good left foot good footballing brain and plenty of experience. 

33 minutes ago, Diamond10 said:

Kerr is a real asset and the piece we are missing at the back. Just a shame he is injured so much. 

Thought we’d have gone for a defender this week to let McCabe slot back into midfield where he is more influential.

Still thing Agnew is a shout for LB or at least worth trying out. Good left foot good footballing brain and plenty of experience. 

Aye, if it meant McCabe  moving into  midfield could  be a good shout. 

1 hour ago, Diamond10 said:

If you mean going for a defender,  as in loan or signing, nothing can be done till the next transfer window.....   

Only way round it playing a free agent as a trialist.....

On 03/11/2021 at 17:57, She who dares gins said:

As mentioned did not get an e-mail to print my ticket for visiting on Saturday. Phoned the club and the girl was able to check my order & send out my ticket for printing off, turned out there was a letter mising off my e-mail address. As mentioned by others staff were very pleasant & helpful. All i need now is for The Bluetoon to turn up & not give Airdrie a 3 goal start. Thanks to all who tried to help.

17 hours ago, Passionate said:

If you mean going for a defender,  as in loan or signing, nothing can be done till the next transfer window.....   

Only way round it playing a free agent as a trialist.....

McDonald  played  right wing back against motherwell  when we were forced to change . He got MO T M,