The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:
5 hours ago, AJ77 said:

What a fucking shambles of a club we continue to be. Lurching from one PR disaster to another.

Have the club been found guilty of anything,   I am sure the legal teams on both sides will strip this back to the bare bones quite rightly and find a resolution,   All statements and WORDING on all sides will be carefully scrutinised.....

as I said on a previous post are they also investigating Fuchs incident at Dundee Utd and the Austin incident at the Rovers....

53 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Have the club been found guilty of anything,   I am sure the legal teams on both sides will strip this back to the bare bones quite rightly and find a resolution,   All statements and WORDING on all sides will be carefully scrutinised.....

as I said on a previous post are they also investigating Fuchs incident at Dundee Utd and the Austin incident at the Rovers....

What the hell would the club be found guilty of? You have a guy here who was racially abused who has now made it public that he is unhappy with how the investigation was carried out. That guy deserves the full support of his employers which he clearly feels he doesn’t have, or else he wouldn’t involve lawyers.

This isn’t about finding Airdrie guilty of anything, it’s about Airdrie conducting a proper investigation and banning the individual involved, I’m pretty sure that’s all Rico wants.

There’s no other way to dress this up, a guy was racially abused and the relevant action hasn’t been taken. 

I'm not suggesting the club have been found guilty just pointing out the PR disaster of a statement they issued. Never mind the fans being vindicated, I read it and felt fucking ashamed. Not for the first time either.

12 hours ago, Passionate said:

Hilarious.

"If Rico isn't happy he should go to the police"

Rico goes to the police.

"I'm sure the police will investigate BOTH statements"

Yer mask has long slipped pal.

Hilarious.
"If Rico isn't happy he should go to the police"
Rico goes to the police.
"I'm sure the police will investigate BOTH statements"
Yer mask has long slipped pal.

See also - but but Dundee United and Rovers!?!!

15 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:
17 hours ago, Passionate said:

I'm not suggesting the club have been found guilty just pointing out the PR disaster of a statement they issued. Never mind the fans being vindicated, I read it and felt fucking ashamed. Not for the first time either.

How do you feel about The Fashanu song,  a song  sung by the Airdrie support possibly even yourself,   In my opinion this has to now stop and has no place in any clubs song book,  a song that can easily offend people. ....

mentioning Colour and sexuality have no place in any song....

I take it you would agree. Or I sincerely hope you would........

How do you feel about The Fashanu song,  a song  sung by the Airdrie support possibly even yourself,   In my opinion this has to now stop and has no place in any clubs song book,  a song that can easily offend people. ....
mentioning Colour and sexuality have no place in any song....

I take it you would agree. Or I sincerely hope you would........
Disagree entirely. I've given my thoughts on this one previously and am not about to repeat myself other than to say that the nature of the use of reference to colour and sexuality are neither offensive or criminal in nature.

Welcome aboard, you eventually came off voyeur status on this subject....

so you agree that consistency has to be shown in these delicate 'racism' investigations,    

You're a weirdo, mate.

The argument you make is something that primary school children would. The other cases are of absolutely no relevance to Airdrie's awful handling of their own incident.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Spending the weekend in Airdrie. Had a 'Touch of Spice' last night and it was fucking minging.

What's the best takeaway in Airdrie/Coatbridge?

There's a nice one in Ager, Uttar Pradesh, just across from the Taj Mahal.

spicy food GIF by BBC

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Opted for a Starry's as I missed these posts unfortunately. Noticed that that Himalayan Dine In is directly across the road as well. b*****d.

This place any good?

I've been a Starrys regular for about 20 years, I like the kebabs and the chasni, pizzas are decent but for curries I go elsewhere (Himalayan)👍

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're a weirdo, mate.

The argument you make is something that primary school children would. The other cases are of absolutely no relevance to Airdrie's awful handling of their own incident.

You've absolutely no idea how Airdrie have handled it, yet criticise it as awful. Now that's childish and assumptive. It also makes you a hypocrite but just you carry on jumping on the bandwagon. 👍

You've absolutely no idea how Airdrie have handled it, yet criticise it as awful. Now that's childish and assumptive. It also makes you a hypocrite but just you carry on jumping on the bandwagon. [emoji106]

Aye they've handled it brilliantly mate, that's why the player in question isn't happy and is taking it further. Take your tinted specs off.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye they've handled it brilliantly mate, that's why the player in question isn't happy and is taking it further. Take your tinted specs off.

Or, maybe let's wait and see what the eventual outcome is based of facts? You're the one with the tinted glasses making your assumptions from pure guess work. Clown. You are part of the issue. You know f**k all about it but still want to have an opinion on it. Moron. 

Or, maybe let's wait and see what the eventual outcome is based of facts? You're the one with the tinted glasses making your assumptions from pure guess work. Clown. You are part of the issue. You know f**k all about it but still want to have an opinion on it. Moron. 

"The eventual outcome" has already been determined according to your own club. That's a major part of the problem you complete weapon.

Explain to me how I am part of the "issue" and what the "issue" is?