The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Club investigates 

No evidence 

Rico and his balloon brother an agent throws their toys out the pram

Agent brands fans racists 

Stay classy👍♦️

Rico throws toys out of pram? Mate your teams player was racially abused. Is teammate happy his family are now been not believed? Are teammates happy with statement regarding their player? Remember Rico didnt say he heard it, he was told it, Did club do thoroughly investigation? Did they give Rico Support? Rico is the victim in all of this noone knows what has been happening behind closed doors but it's not all as it seems.

22 minutes ago, Diamond 4ever said:

It was heard by a team mates family who obviously made Rico aware, Rico tells club no statement put up from club, no support Rico puts tweet up on social media club then release statement and say investigating, club then release a poor statement, what's went on behind closed doors? Is Rico happy? Is teammate who told him happy as family are not believed? Seems to be alot of us jumping to conclusions.

Yet another new account with only 2 posts. Am I jumping to a conclusion by suggesting you also are not actually an Airdrie fan but someone on to keep this going? 

There's more to it than you've said above and that I do know. It's not at straight forward as you're making out, but you already know that I'm sure. 

One minute you say 'us' then you post again saying 'your team' but set up a new account alluding to being an Airdrie fan '4ever'. 😂

Talking about people being believed or not.... Unreal amount of hypocrisy in that wouldn't you agree? 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

2 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Yet another new account with only 2 posts. Am I jumping to a conclusion by suggesting you also are not actually an Airdrie fan but someone on to keep this going? 

There's more to it than you've said above and that I do know. It's not at straight forward as you're making out, but you already know that I'm sure. 

Believe me there is more, I know more than you in this .

11 minutes ago, Diamond 4ever said:

Ive not suggested you don't. But you have effectively set up a fake account pretending to be an Airdrie fan and then calling out people about lying and not believing people. It's the height of hypocrisy and gives you zero credibility. 

Its things like this that get people's backs up. You're pretending to be an Airdrie fan whilst trying to discredit the club at the same time. 

I am completely confused by what is alleged to have happened here. In no way do I justify/condone any racist chant/comment particularly if aimed at one of our own players (that's not to suggest that it being aimed at an opposition player is acceptable). However, by the same token I'm not going to attack/condemn the board or a fellow fan(s) when there is a lack of information that justifies that condemnation. 

It would appear that the parent of a player has overheard a racist comment re Rico. Has this racist comment been made in a private conversation between 2 or a group of supporters or has it been aimed at Rico specifically when he would have been close enough to hear the comment (regardless of whether Rico heard the comment or otherwise). If the comment was challenged by said parent, what was the outcome of the challenge, was there a denial/apology or was it met with aggression?

The conversation here seems to be going round in circles. Does anyone know the facts (and all I am interested in is the facts) so that we as a fanbase can make up our own minds on whether we believe the facts justify the club banning a fan (or is it a group of fans) from supporting the club. 

If Rico, his brother or agent feel the club have let him down on this investigation then they should go to the police to allow the matter to be fully investigated. It is disappointing that it appears trial by social media appears to be the fall back position here.

2 minutes ago, Mabawsa Ritchie said:

I am completely confused by what is alleged to have happened here. In no way do I justify/condone any racist chant/comment particularly if aimed at one of our own players (that's not to suggest that it being aimed at an opposition player is acceptable). However, by the same token I'm not going to attack/condemn the board or a fellow fan(s) when there is a lack of information that justifies that condemnation. 

It would appear that the parent of a player has overheard a racist comment re Rico. Has this racist comment been made in a private conversation between 2 or a group of supporters or has it been aimed at Rico specifically when he would have been close enough to hear the comment (regardless of whether Rico heard the comment or otherwise). If the comment was challenged by said parent, what was the outcome of the challenge, was there a denial/apology or was it met with aggression?

The conversation here seems to be going round in circles. Does anyone know the facts (and all I am interested in is the facts) so that we as a fanbase can make up our own minds on whether we believe the facts justify the club banning a fan (or is it a group of fans) from supporting the club. 

If Rico, his brother or agent feel the club have let him down on this investigation then they should go to the police to allow the matter to be fully investigated. It is disappointing that it appears trial by social media appears to be the fall back position here.

If a racist comment has been made then the person making the comment should be banned, regardless of who it was aimed at or whether it was made in a private conversation or was shouted from the rooftops.

5 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

If a racist comment has been made then the person making the comment should be banned, regardless of who it was aimed at or whether it was made in a private conversation or was shouted from the rooftops.

Absolutely agree. But first you need to be able to identify them and that's not been possible. The only person who can do this is the person who heard it and challenged it. If they can't identify the suspect, what can the club do? As said above, resorting to trial by social media and attacking either the club or player is wrong. But it's happening and its both unprofessional and irresponsible for any party to do so. 

Well go just tell us instead of multiple fake accounts being set up.
All in it’s been an interesting afternoon/night on here. The usual one or two have relayed the clubs story, Quitongo’s version has also clearly been posted. What we’re left with is that a players dad apparently overhead someone say a racist comment and we know after an investigation the club released a clumsy statement stating there wasn’t any evidence. What we don’t know is why said investigation is felt to be so poor by some (and I presume whether the culprit in their eyes could have been identified depending on the insinuation).
So instead of dancing round it why don’t you just explain in full? It’s not a police matter so I don’t see what the issue is in you doing so.
As for those claiming that the club have covered up or implicitly condoned racism - without full knowledge of how the investigation was conducted, you have absolute zero basis for such quite bold claims.

29 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Absolutely agree. But first you need to be able to identify them and that's not been possible. The only person who can do this is the person who heard it and challenged it. If they can't identify the suspect, what can the club do? As said above, resorting to trial by social media and attacking either the club or player is wrong. But it's happening and its both unprofessional and irresponsible for any party to do so. 

100% this. 

5 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Well go just tell us instead of multiple fake accounts being set up.
All in it’s been an interesting afternoon/night on here. The usual one or two have relayed the clubs story, Quitongo’s version has also clearly been posted. What we’re left with is that a players dad apparently overhead someone say a racist comment and we know after an investigation the club released a clumsy statement stating there wasn’t any evidence. What we don’t know is why said investigation is felt to be so poor by some (and I presume whether the culprit in their eyes could have been identified depending on the insinuation).
So instead of dancing round it why don’t you just explain in full? It’s not a police matter so I don’t see what the issue is in you doing so.
As for those claiming that the club have covered up or implicitly condoned racism - without full knowledge of how the investigation was conducted, you have absolute zero basis for such quite bold claims.

And this, nailed it too. 

1 hour ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Can't ban someone if you don't know who it is?Can't just go on here say 

14 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Can't ban someone if you don't know who it is?Can't just go on here say 

The fake accounts being setup and the i know something you don't know patter is embarrassing.

If Rico isn't happy with how the club have dealt with it then he's surely got to go to the police and report the alleged offender, since they all know who it is but won't share with us in public.  

1 hour ago, AJ77 said:

The fake accounts being setup and the i know something you don't know patter is embarrassing.

If Rico isn't happy with how the club have dealt with it then he's surely got to go to the police and report the alleged offender, since they all know who it is but won't share with us in public.  

Got to be time for a man up and get to the truth of  the matter, all airdrie fans getting tarred with same stick, not good, 

4 hours ago, AJ77 said:

If someone did say something I'm sure the fans round about him would've policed it themselves its embarrassing creating fake accounts to spout pish about airdrie 

Not a lawyer, but the outcome of the investigation by the club has ben made. If the aggieved party is not satisfied with the outcome then they are entitled to appeal to a higher authority (SFL, SFA or Police) The onus is on the appellant to prove what was said and by whom, so the ball is firmly in Rico's court.