The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm clutching at straws? I don't want any of this to be happening pal, trust me, none of this floats my boat. It was a simple question and I don't believe I've selected anything from what you've said and deliberately mis-interpreted it, if I have then I apologise but I'd rather you pointed out those mis-interpretations than simply fobbing me off with a non-answer. 

If the police had been involved, do you not think Airdrie would've said that in their statement? It would pretty much take away any insinuation that Airdrie haven't done enough. 

I can get my head around it, it's you who seems to be dancing in circles here. You say the club can't do any more but you don;t even know if they've spoke to the police. Absolutely at it. 

Yeah, because I'm just an Airdrie fan, not a director. Youre not even a fan of this club but want to get your nose and views in. Fair enough. You believe what you want. I'll believe what the club says. 

22 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Any reason why you didn't mention about the witness speaking directly with the alleged offender? Seems a strange thing to leave out. 

As I said before, I can see no reason for the club to not do everything in their power to identify someone if they could. They've nothing to gain and everything to lose by not investigating properly. What's your thoughts on why the club would not do that? 

I mistakenly left it out. Nothing more to it than that I’m afraid. 

In terms of why they appear to not have investigated this properly, I can only give my opinion as I have done. 

I don’t think the club made the conscious decision to carry out a weak investigation. I think they just did it without any real judgement or perspective. Just a lack of insight from the bird that the fans of this club have been too happy to accept. 

The shows are released on Spotify the day after they are broadcasted live. It’s a live radio station and so they discussed it the evening of Rico’s tweet. 

Thanks for clarifying - I’d still like to know how on the same night it can be said that the club is supporting him while also saying they’re not happy. There’s so much of this I’m still trying to understand.

Just now, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Yeah, because I'm just an Airdrie fan, not a director. Youre not even a fan of this club but want to get your nose and views in. Fair enough. You believe what you want. I'll believe what the club says. 

Sorry, is it only fans of Airdrie that are allowed to comment on racism?

2 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

1. Why do you, a fan, expect that the club should share every fine detail of their investigation with you? No other club does this. They've given you the overview which speaks for itself. Inconclusive. Not enough evidence. What more do you want? Who they interviewed? Were any early morning raids conducted? 

2. Its not about blame. Its a simple case of being unprofessional in publicly airing your grievances instead of conducting yourself in the proper manner and dealing with the club directly. Slating the club on social media is amateurish at best. 

3. You can wish him well. It's still irrelevant to the situation. 

4. Why have you quoted the word "thorough" as if questioning the clubs investigation when you, claiming to be just an Airdrie fan, would know nothing about what they've done? That's just another assumption you've made. Unless you are someone who in fact does think they know more but are pretending to just be a fan? Especially since you only decided to join P&B today, or at least make a new account, to share your one sided views? 

ETA. Thanks for your comments too. 

It's ricos agent big man that's behind the account 👍♦️

6 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Give it a break bud. There’s nothing wrong with standing up for Rico and wanting a bit of justice. 

Okay Mr agent theres standing up for him and there's doing what your doing,personally attacking the club,you know a lot about the investigation than any normal fan 🤔

19 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Give it a break bud. There’s nothing wrong with standing up for Rico and wanting a bit of justice. 

So what exactly is justice in your opinion? 

There's a family member of a player missed the opportunity to report the incident there and then to a steward. Do we ban them for not taking more proactive action? 

What more do want the club to do that would be classed as justice done? 

If what's been alleged has happened as such then it's horrific for Rico, absolutely. But he's been badly let down by his agents handling of the situation IMO, by shooting his mouth off on twitter and taking aim at the club. Rico could do well by ditching him and finding a better agent. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

5 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Okay Mr agent theres standing up for him and there's doing what your doing,personally attacking the club,you know a lot about the investigation than any normal fan 🤔

May you continue to defend the club  whilst a racist fan continues to attend. Good for you! 

Oh and all the information is widely available. Maybe log off p&b for a bit and catch up. 

All the best! 

2 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

May you continue to defend the club  whilst a racist fan continues to attend. Good for you! 

Oh and all the information is widely available. Maybe log off p&b for a bit and catch up. 

All the best! 

Club investigates 

No evidence 

Rico and his balloon brother an agent throws their toys out the pram

Agent brands fans racists 

Stay classy👍♦️

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

So what exactly is justice in your opinion? 

There's a family member of a player missed the opportunity to report the incident there and then to a steward. Do we ban them for not taking more proactive action? 

What more do want the club to do? 

Deary, deary me pal.

All these rhetorical questions have given me a sore head. Your replies speak volumes. It’s not my job to educate you on what the priority should be or provide you with some critical thought. 

All the best with whatever you’re trying to get at. 

1 minute ago, Spanish Armada said:

Club investigates 

No evidence 

Rico and his balloon brother an agent throws their toys out the pram

Agent brands fans racists 

Stay classy👍♦️

No evidence does not mean innocent. 

Acknowledge the wrong doing. Be aware of any racial slurs from now on. Do your bit to stamp it out instead of trying to argue with people who want the racist culprit identified and dealt with.

Just now, Diamond1924 said:

No evidence does not mean innocent. 

Acknowledge the wrong doing. Be aware of any racial slurs from now on. Do your bit to stamp it out instead of trying to argue with people who want the racist culprit identified and dealt with.

Your Not guilty until proven guilty if there's no evidence and no witnesses that's means your not guilty then?🤔

21 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Not at all. But when it's fans of othe teams who seem to be revelling in the possibility of racism having haooened, it's quite sad. 

Who is revelling in this? You've just completely made that shit up. 

I may be a fan of another club but I'm a fan who watched Rico play for two years and he was nothing but a gentleman and an asset to the club whilst he was representing us, on account of absolutely everyone who conversed with him. I don't really like to see someone who served my team well be treated like shite. 

5 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Deary, deary me pal.

All these rhetorical questions have given me a sore head. Your replies speak volumes. It’s not my job to educate you on what the priority should be or provide you with some critical thought. 

All the best with whatever you’re trying to get at. 

Yet you keep coming back Mr New Fan. This page has seen players, wife's, girlfriend's and even former employees come on and pretend to be your average fan. Agents might be the new one to add to the list. 

You've side stepped a simple question of what would justice be to you. You've clearly got your bee in a bonnet about the club over this. So all the best to you too for whatever YOU are trying to get at. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Who is revelling in this? You've just completely made that shit up. 

I may be a fan of another club but I'm a fan who watched Rico play for two years and he was nothing but a gentleman and an asset to the club whilst he was representing us, on account of absolutely everyone who conversed with him. I don't really like to see someone who served my team well be treated like shite. 

Jump on every team thread when former players don't get treated well? 

Your Rico love in is admirable but I've supported Airdrie for a long time and have never seen a situation where an agent slates the club and accuses them of covering up racism. So I'm sorry if I seem defensive of my club for not finding a culprit when there was only one witness who hasn't been able to identify the alleged offender. 

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Jump on every team thread when former players don't get treated well? 

Your Rico love in is admirable but I've supported Airdrie for a long time and have never seen a situation where an agent slates the club and accuses them of covering up racism. So I'm sorry if I seem defensive of my club for not finding a culprit when there was only one witness who hasn't been able to identify the alleged offender. 

Generally, aye. I post on a lot of teams threads, sort of the reason for a multi-club forum. If you don't want folk like me commenting then maybe it's best you avoid multi-club forums. 

Ah well if there's never been a case like this before that means it didn't happen. Jesus man :lol: have a good day, I'll bow out here.