The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:
4 hours ago, Kenny_m said:
Looks like the end for Quitongo, not stripped today.

It would hardly be surprising if he's told the board to shove their club. Or maybe he'll be the bigger man and had just asked for time to get his head right.

Outstanding day superb performance superb support 2/1 on the coupon... superb 

The only way is up ♦️

It was a wee bit nervy for about 20 minutes until Murray reorganised the middle by letting McInroy be more involved on the left side, and Frizzell stopped McCann having so much space on the right. Scott McGill must be some kind of football utility model in that he never got any trouble from McDaid and Scott Walker settled in well against Nesbitt mainly. Nesbitt gave us the run around with Morton but he was well managed here. The return of Fordyce allows Kerr to play a quality game whilst I thought McCabe and Easton were just so delightful to watch. It's also the best game I have seen from Gallagher who seems to thrive with Smith beside him. Falkirk did have that headed chance which might have given them the lead-enter McCabe who steals the ball , passes to McInroy and a quality pass  to Easton who deserved his goal. It seemed to let him strut his stuff for so much of the game. Frizzel's chipped touchline cross was worthy of a Gallagher goal so credit to Smith for following up the goalie's good save. That Kerr goal I was watching almost in slow motion as we finally scored with a diving header from a corner. That left Falkirk looking lost and leaving early has never been my tactic, but  I can see why they were so fed up. It would have been good to see Gabbie's gallop lead to a 4th but the stats show how attacking were. It's a great feeling to leave with such a comfortable win . Still not getting carried away but a clean sheet and a win sets us up nicely for the Dumbarton game.

A great team performance ,  well worth the 3 points, credit to Murray for finding a system that the players seem to enjoy playing and also one that gets results,  Dylan Easton as stated by kelty fans when we signed him is a wizard with the ball and could easily play championship level....  Normally Falkirk away is an intimidating atmosphere,  today was pretty low key with a poorer than usual home support..... 

10 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

That's a huge conclusion to jump to. He didn't play the first game after the news broke originally. Maybe just needs to get focused again. Doesn't mean he's off. 

Why was Craig Watson missing today,  Walker came onto a game to his credit,    

19 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

C9E610F0-3537-47F7-ACEC-AD98B771E245.jpeg.68657b5341170ecbeb65fa6a446f9873.jpeg

This appears to be regarding Rico Quitongo.

This is disappointing to read after a great win today. I hope Rico’s been given some time off to clear his head, as I can’t imagine he’ll be too pleased with the outcome of the investigation or the wording of it, but either way he doesn’t seem to be too happy about it going by that tweet. Not being able to prove it is one thing but the way the board have handled this since then has been really poor.

As has been stated elsewhere the Investigation is complete and Not Proven,   it is,clearly stated on the official website,  do keep up....

Pretty convenient that an investigation completed by a club found their own fans not guilty of racism when a player was pretty adamant it had happened. I’m not interested in arguing with you here but you can see why people are still talking about this issue.

I’m not calling anyone a liar but there is literally no purpose for Quitongo to come out with these accusations and be lying about it.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pretty convenient that an investigation completed by a club found their own fans not guilty of racism when a player was pretty adamant it had happened. I’m not interested in arguing with you here but you can see why people are still talking about this issue.

I’m not calling anyone a liar but there is literally no purpose for Quitongo to come out with these accusations and be lying about it.

Unfortunately there have been a few of these incidents in recent weeks the Rico situation obviously,   Nathan Austin of Kelty playing Albion Rovers and the latest Christian Fouchs of Du ndee United... It is fine that the Austin and Fouchs investigations are complete with very little criticism of the process in both cases,  The Rico case is the longest running and when it is completed we still have the bloodletting , what is the end game here, seems to be going round in c ircles.

Unfortunately there have been a few of these incidents in recent weeks the Rico situation obviously,   Nathan Austin of Kelty playing Albion Rovers and the latest Christian Fouchs of Du ndee United... It is fine that the Austin and Fouchs investigations are complete with very little criticism of the process in both cases,  The Rico case is the longest running and when it is completed we still have the bloodletting , what is the end game here, seems to be going round in c ircles.

In Austin’s case justice was done I believe? A section of fans were banned and the young lad that did it was found. I’ve no idea what you’ve been reading into the Fuchs case as theres still a whole load of people calling the investigation a shambles and that he was indeed racially abused.

The issue here is that this case is simply being brushed off by the club and then suspending a player is totally the wrong message to give off.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

In Austin’s case justice was done I believe? A section of fans were banned and the young lad that did it was found. I’ve no idea what you’ve been reading into the Fuchs case as theres still a whole load of people calling the investigation a shambles and that he was indeed racially abused.

The issue here is that this case is simply being brushed off by the club and then suspending a player is totally the wrong message to give off.

Well done for proving yourself to be the gullible sort who believes everything they read on social media without actually knowing the facts. You've taken one tweet and drawn conclusions which you don't know to be factually accurate. What actual hard facts do you know about what happened, what investigation has taken place, what witnesses there are etc? I'm guessing you know fu(k all but don't let that stop your weak attempt at gas lighting. 

14 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

That's a huge conclusion to jump to. He didn't play the first game after the news broke originally. Maybe just needs to get focused again. Doesn't mean he's off. 

Seems a lot of vitriol towards the club from Rico's brother and agent. Looks a goner to me.