The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is your line out of support or what you think is acceptable? I don't really give anyone "abuse" at games but will sometimes air my displeasure with whoever has 'upset' me. I think if you give it to one set of folk (say officials) then you can't have a go at someone for having a pop at their own players.

Unless of course your reasoning for not doing it to your own players is down to you seeing it as counterproductive.

It's based on my typical reaction to shite play by an Airdrie shirt being disappointment rather than anger.  The folk sitting next to me might notice a weary sigh.

Also .... I don't think that it helps to players improve but I'm not that "in control" of my emotions to be able to apply that reasoning before I react.

9 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

It’s an absolute fact that an element of our support are well and truly capable of being racist, bigoted and a few other things. 

I’m not going to pretend to be shocked by the news this happened but it is absolutely sickening and shameful never the less. For people to accuse Rico of hearing wrong or making it up is bewildering to say the least (it’s more than just the ones on here if you check other social media). 

Thankfully the majority of our fans will do the decent thing and call this out for the disgrace it is. As they have done with other injustices too. 

I hope Rico is doing ok and I hope he will continue to want to play for the club as I have no idea what must be going through the poor lads head rite now. 

On the debate of “abusing” players as long as any criticism is based on a players performance I personally don’t have an issue with it. The argument that “I don’t get abuse at my job ” doesn’t work for me as I don’t have 800 fans paying to watch me work which contributes to my wages. That’s just how I see that part. As soon as anything said to a player is based on a personal trait or characteristic then it’s went beyond acceptable behaviour. Many will disagree but that’s just how I see it. 

One thing I will add is any fan of any other club wanting to come on here to score cheap digs against the club and wider fan base can f**k rite off. All your doing is showing yourself to be a dick who isn’t showing any care for the real issue at hand here. We all have supporters at our clubs we are ashamed of. Keep this to looking after Rico not scoring cheap digs. 

2 hours ago, Moon said:

Can't believe Rico's word is being doubted on this...solidarity to him and hope the club's investigation is swift and conclusive.

It's been great to see the vast majority of supporters have called out this disgusting act for what it is and have likewise shown disgust, anger, disappointment and embarrassment that such a thing should happen and shown full solidarity and support to and with Rico. It's also been encouraging to see the club be proactive (they started their investigation on Sunday) and promise zero tolerance in a lifetime ban for the culprit. Some of the reactions on here and social media have been disappointing however. Genuinely think it's bizarre that some folk's first reaction would be to question Rico and whether or not it actually happened rather than show another human being (Airdrie player or not) solidarity after being racially abused. Like I would have thought that's the first basic instinct of supporting a football club and its players AND being a decent person. Some odd and completely beyond the pale victim blaming and false comparisons also.  Why would he make it up? Why would he describe such traumatic events and want the club to publicly open an investigation against one of its supporters if it wasn't true? 

Hopefully we can begin to make strides in eradicating this problem once and for all by banning the perpetrator and offering Rico our full support and solidarity from Saturday onwards. I am no expert and something more substantial or long-lasting would be ideal but even something like a minute's applause for Rico on Saturday could make for a worthwhile gesture.  

11 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

It’s an absolute fact that an element of our support are well and truly capable of being racist, bigoted and a few other things. 

I’m not going to pretend to be shocked by the news this happened but it is absolutely sickening and shameful never the less. For people to accuse Rico of hearing wrong or making it up is bewildering to say the least (it’s more than just the ones on here if you check other social media). 

I did notice the usual suspects on the Facebook page doing that. Not surprising but a very, very sad indictment.

Edited by cb_diamond

Here we go Ban the Section B,Let's just state a few facts here 

1.Leaders of the Section B were behind the incentives of The DDA and fought tirelessly to keep the club running

2.Leaders of the section B organised a charity night where Reaction Played to raise funds for Airdrie 

3.Leaders of the Section B Raised money for local charities and the community 

4.Leaders of the section B were behind the DFC and stopped airdrie going out of business twice

The incident on Saturday had nothing to do with The Section B

And people on here have short memories,if it wasn't for the B there wouldn't be an airdrie 

Think On!

1 hour ago, Spanish Armada said:

1.Leaders of the Section B were behind the incentives of The DDA and fought tirelessly to keep the club running

2.Leaders of the section B organised a charity night where Reaction Played to raise funds for Airdrie 

4.Leaders of the section B were behind the DFC and stopped airdrie going out of business twice

And people on here have short memories,if it wasn't for the B there wouldn't be an airdrie 

Think On!

This would literally only apply if you are stating beyond a doubt that the Section B and their "leaders" are knuckledragging racists? No? If that isn't the case, then the point you just made is irrelevant? 

Racists and Bigots can come from any area of a clubs support. Really odd rant from yourself.

Edited by cb_diamond

2 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Think On!

Don't think anybody has said otherwise or disagrees with or disputes what you mention above. 

Equally it doesn’t matter which section of the support the culprit comes from. If they’re in the B, go on the Bible bus, are in the Airdrie Aces, play for the Swally or whatever. Once they’re caught they should be turfed out and banned for life. 

Edited by airdrieman

11 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

This would literally only apply if you are stating beyond a doubt that the Section B and their "leaders" are knuckledragging racists? No? If that isn't the case, then the point you just made is irrelevant? 

Racists and Bigots can come from any area of a clubs support. Really odd rant from yourself.

I'm not saying that what I'm saying is everyone blames the B for everything bad that happens also folk that were at the game heard f**k all racist abuse 

14 hours ago, airdrieman said:

l but even something like a minute's applause for Rico on Saturday could make for a worthwhile gesture.  

I hope you all clap and cheer Rico as hard as you can on saturday. Maybe you will end racism, save the NHS and possibly even revive tinkerbell while you are at it.

I also hope that we sign a more capable left back next season be they black, white, space alien, or anywhere in between. Although that would run contrary to club form given that we had a good one last year and clearly didn't make much of an effort to hold onto them.

Looking forward to finding out what the outcome of the clubs investigations over this incident are, or will it perhaps die off into the ether never to be heard of again, hmmmm...

Edited by G_H

I hope you all clap and cheer Rico as hard as you can on saturday. Maybe you will end racism, save the NHS and possibly even revive tinkerbell while you are at it.
I also hope that we sign a more capable left back next season be they black, white, space alien, or anywhere in between. Although that would run contrary to club form given that we had a good one last year and clearly didn't make much of an effort to hold onto them.
Looking forward to finding out what the outcome of the clubs investigations over this incident are, or will it perhaps die off into the ether never to be heard of again, hmmmm...

^^^ Boos players who take the knee.

39 minutes ago, G_H said:

The vast majority of Airdrie fans on here are, rightly, appalled and condemning the racism. Your desperation to sweep racism under the carpet or dismiss anyone who disagrees as "virtue signalling" means that you look, at best, like an unsympathetic arsehole and, at worst, like a massive racist.

Take a look at other posts. If literally everyone else thinks you're being a dick, you're probably being a dick.

49 minutes ago, G_H said:

You appear to be a deeply, deeply troubled person. I hope this is just online bluster and you treat the employees that you claim to manage with significantly more empathy, tolerance and intelligence than you've displayed in this thread the last few days. If not, I genuinely feel very sorry for them.

An investigation may uncover nothing, it may be that the 'right people' with knowledge of the incident aren't approached, or that they don't want to be involved / speak out, that still doesn't mean that the allegations made by Quitongo are false, and it's false equivalences like that which genuinely preclude victims of abuse (especially sexual and discriminatory) from speaking out.

Never posteted on here before sorry Airdrie guys, but was sent by rescue receives. The ambulance service is not available at the moment. 

Are you all ok? Nobody pointing fingers, show me the guy who done it,  you're life will go back to normal.

I'm cool, I've hard.be strong

1 hour ago, G_H said:

Strong contender for one of the worst posts I've ever seen on P&B.

I hope Rico gets a cracking reception on Saturday. I hope Airdrie find the person responsible. I hope Rico has a stormer of a game. And I hope these three factors combine to make you absolutely furious. Although you seem to be pretty effective at working yourself into a lather without much help.

1 hour ago, G_H said:

You don't go to games - you don't like the way the club is run, you don't like Ian Murray, you don't like the squad, you don't like the way Rico has called out racism and you don't like how supporters (Airdrie and others) have been appalled and want to support the boy. I could go on but in a nutshell you think the club are shite. So you don't go. You just sit on the sidelines criticising, relishing any opportunity to knock the club from your computer -when Airdrie get beat you're on here lighting fast. When Airdrie win or put on a good performance you are strangely quiet - you have got an MO.  But this is an open forum and you're quite entitled to do it.  I mean, you pay your money...oh, no you don't , but you are still entitled. You know what I am saying...

But please don't patronise my right to support Rico by clapping, cheering or anything else I care to do. It really is condescending.

Anyway you wont be there on Saturday to witness the fans getting behind the player- you'll be slavering over the internet praying that Airdrie get beat so you can come on here to tell the world how shite they are.

I have to say I do get where g_h is coming from.    There have been plenty posts from airdrie to quite rightly condem what's happened with Rico.   

We have fans who will post how shocked and horrified they are but will happy go and sing the fashanu song as its intended as admiring to our former striker.   He himself said the song was fine and didn't upset him at the 1st openly gay/bi to come out in football.    The world has moved on but many of our support are still stuck in the 1970s.  If this was sung about any player today their would be uproar. 

It embarrassing enough when we play big games particularly celtic and for one game all there airdrie die hards come out and our real fans end up with the bad name.  I'm not saying this is not an airdrie fan but with out names and addresses given for individual seat allocations it's pretty much impossible to track one individual down unless details are given directly.   I see the same faces at games but have no idea who they are as most say nobody heard this I don't see how this can be resolved.     It is another embarrassing episode for our club and fans that will undoubtedly be used to term all airdrie fans as racist.  

51 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I hope Rico gets a cracking reception on Saturday. I hope Airdrie find the person responsible. I hope Rico has a stormer of a game. And I hope these three factors combine to make you absolutely furious. Although you seem to be pretty effective at working yourself into a lather without much help.

Then you are going to be bitterly disappointed as I would be absolutely thrilled if Rico puts in an exceptional performance, as we need 11 players putting in exceptional performances week in, week out.

Can't wait for his hat trick, and being able to question why he can't perform like that every week.

33 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

You don't go to games - you don't like the way the club is run, you don't like Ian Murray, you don't like the squad, you don't like the way Rico has called out racism and you don't like how supporters (Airdrie and others) have been appalled and want to support the boy. I could go on but in a nutshell you think the club are shite. So you don't go. You just sit on the sidelines criticising, relishing any opportunity to knock the club from your computer -when Airdrie get beat you're on here lighting fast. When Airdrie win or put on a good performance you are strangely quiet - you have got an MO.  But this is an open forum and you're quite entitled to do it.  I mean, you pay your money...oh, no you don't , but you are still entitled. You know what I am saying...

But please don't patronise my right to support Rico by clapping, cheering or anything else I care to do. It really is condescending.

Anyway you wont be there on Saturday to witness the fans getting behind the player- you'll be slavering over the internet praying that Airdrie get beat so you can come on here to tell the world how shite they are.

I want to see the club promoted as playing in league 1 is tedious. I've not been in person to games as the household has not been fully vaccinated + 2 weeks until next Sunday. What has there been to commend so far this season except for this weeks single win vs Alloa that has been overshadowed by this nonsense?

Name something, Seriously, I'd like to hear the positives of season 2021/2022 to date.

Edited by G_H