The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

9 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Given that Ayr also had request accepted then our game would also have to be postponed . Hard to see what effects this will have on player's fitness etc but hope they are all well. 

There’s nothing vague nor does a request by Ayr have any bearing on the matter.  You play the game if you have at least 13 available players (1 must be a goalkeeper and 10 of them over 18).  If you don’t have 13 players available then you advise the SPFL you are unable to field a team to play the match 

Just now, Cowden Cowboy said:

There’s nothing vague nor does a request by Ayr have any bearing on the matter.  You play the game if you have at least 13 available players (1 must be a goalkeeper and 10 of them over 18).  If you don’t have 13 players available then you advise the SPFL you are unable to field a team to play the match 

Sorry: I just meant that when I read about Ayr requesting a postponement under the rules, then Airdrie would likely be in the same position. I expressed it badly so thanks for the official explanation. Cheers

On 26/08/2021 at 21:37, Chapelhall chap said:

Sorry: I just meant that when I read about Ayr requesting a postponement under the rules, then Airdrie would likely be in the same position. I expressed it badly so thanks for the official explanation. Cheers

Colin. If I can call you so.

I don't see that such an apologetic vein was really merited. Your earlier posting was not as presumptuous as the comments have taken it to be, in my view anyway.

Diamonds stick together.

On 26/08/2021 at 21:37, Chapelhall chap said:

Nothing wrong with ur post as always ur on the ball.

Can't even get a proper moan today with the game being off ♦️

Feel for the Airdrie (and Alloa) fans today. Saturday should mean match day, whether at home or a journey to an away ground. Any Airdrie fans taking in another match to fill the void?

* With a depleted squad and putting health and safety first / sticking to the rules postponing the match was the right thing I should say

Edited by CoveRangers1922

4 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

Nothing wrong with ur post as always ur on the ball.

Can't even get a proper moan today with the game being off ♦️

Always like to hear from other supporters with useful insight and you are one of the top! As I sat in the garden reading around 3.15 it felt nice and warm but nowhere near as good as in the stand. My only loan was losing at Scrabble earlier ! ( A pensioners life). Hope to be back next week at a real sport.

18 hours ago, diamondman said:

Colin. If I can call you so.

I don't see that such an apologetic vein was really merited. Your earlier posting was not as presumptuous as the comments have taken it to be, in my view anyway.

Diamonds stick together.

You can call me Al is one of my favourite songs so if only Paul Simon had met me it could have been "Col". It's nice to stick together but the Central Park guy did merit a wee quote. 

4 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Feel for the Airdrie (and Alloa) fans today. Saturday should mean match day, whether at home or a journey to an away ground. Any Airdrie fans taking in another match to fill the void?

* With a depleted squad and putting health and safety first / sticking to the rules postponing the match was the right thing I should say

You are right about when Saturday comes and after the last 18 months , it had been so good to get back. It was the right decision even if it meant me sitting in the Scottish summer garden experience. In the past I would have gone to many a game when Airdrie were off ( or in a rare case too far away) but the only game I might have gone to was Clyde ,but obviously I missed  a bad one for you. Looking forward hopefully to travelling to Cove soon. Cheers 

57 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

You are right about when Saturday comes and after the last 18 months , it had been so good to get back. It was the right decision even if it meant me sitting in the Scottish summer garden experience. In the past I would have gone to many a game when Airdrie were off ( or in a rare case too far away) but the only game I might have gone to was Clyde ,but obviously I missed  a bad one for you. Looking forward hopefully to travelling to Cove soon. Cheers 

Wish we had a day off today now!

Would have been an entertaining game for you to be at but a sad result for us today.  Huffed and puffed but we're our own downfall at the back right now. When we miss a couple of keys players we look shaky.

Anyway, yes 25th September we welcome Airdrie to Balmoral. Looking forward to it and with any luck might be an Indian summer day 👍

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Wish we had a day off today now!

Would have been an entertaining game for you to be at but a sad result for us today.  Huffed and puffed but we're our own downfall at the back right now. When we miss a couple of keys players we look shaky.

Anyway, yes 25th September we welcome Airdrie to Balmoral. Looking forward to it and with any luck might be an Indian summer day 👍

It's a funny old game indeed, and I think I got all the predictions wrong today. Hope the weather is fine and I usually miss out an Indian takeaway at home , for the delights of a Stonehaven fish supper. If you can keep your defence ropey that will help us?  It will be my first visit to  Balmoral. Only Elgin to tick off .

3 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

It's a funny old game indeed, and I think I got all the predictions wrong today. Hope the weather is fine and I usually miss out an Indian takeaway at home , for the delights of a Stonehaven fish supper. If you can keep your defence ropey that will help us?  It will be my first visit to  Balmoral. Only Elgin to tick off .

Snap, think I went for East Fife but the rest were all wrong. Riches to rags for me in the space of a week!

Bay chipper in Stonehaven is definitely a must.

Borough Briggs is one of the better away days so you'll enjoy that one.

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Snap, think I went for East Fife but the rest were all wrong. Riches to rags for me in the space of a week!

Bay chipper in Stonehaven is definitely a must.

Borough Briggs is one of the better away days so you'll enjoy that one.

Am I right in thinking Elgin are the only of the former HL sides to have not gone up a division? I hope we don't meet them in L2! I think it is the Bay we stopped at,

5 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Am I right in thinking Elgin are the only of the former HL sides to have not gone up a division? I hope we don't meet them in L2! I think it is the Bay we stopped at,

Yeah could well be right, never been L1. Watched them last night against Edinburgh City and doubt they'll be up this season!

Bay is the creme de la creme of chippers in the NE. Won many an award