The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

31 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

We prepared well. Bit of a worry if the manager saying need to work on fitness...I seem to remember that quote from the past to seasons. Easton looks as though could make an impact was  the only plus from yesterday for me ♦️

Really did not look like we prepared well, saying that I only watch the team I have no inside knowledge on how we train or prepare, can only hope that  someone can sort it out quickly, Its not getting beat at home which is bad enough, it's  in the manner of the defeat, we surely have to have  to have a game plan, some kind of tactics or the result will be evident. 

18 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Does anybody know the attendance on saturday, we seem to be one of the few not to announce it......would be surprised if there was more than 600.

Plus most of the team, they were spectators for most of game, 

I see Thomas Robert is no longer featured in the squad section on the website. I believe he also started as a trialist in a friendly for Salford City at the weekend. Hopefully we find out what’s happening with him either way sometime this week. 

30 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I see Thomas Robert is no longer featured in the squad section on the website. I believe he also started as a trialist in a friendly for Salford City at the weekend. Hopefully we find out what’s happening with him either way sometime this week. 

Hopefully we see a new signing or two if we were to get any sort of cash for him. 

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Unless confirmed by Ayr Diamond it is not happening ......

And he's flounced off in a huff. I heard he was last seen standing outside Greggs saying "I've heard that there's a new type of sandwich, but I can't say what it is..."

On 31/07/2021 at 23:55, squeezeboxson said:

How are the former sons settling in? By all means, you guys had a poor result today but surely there'll be a bit more fight about things next week with the number of players playing against their former team?

Wardrop - Not entirely lost faith but got a tonking of Willie Gibson last weekend and didn't make the squad against Montrose.

Quitongo - Some will disagree but useless to me.

Frizzell - Not played, injured

Easton - also been injured but came on as a sub on Saturday. Clearly talented and our big hope.

Gallagher - Average but none of our strikers can be judged due to lack of service.

Agnew - Needs to hang up the boots, legs have gone.

Murray - the swallows are sharpening their beaks

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Wardrop - Not entirely lost faith but got a tonking of Willie Gibson last weekend and didn't make the squad against Montrose.

Easton - also been injured but came on as a sub on Saturday. Clearly talented and our big hope.

Gallagher - Average but none of our strikers can be judged due to lack of service.

Wardrop been struggling since the first game at Cumbernauld, Quitongo had a good game against Motherwell but the rest not, Frizzell, Easton I think will be great when they get games, Gallagher needs crosses into the box and he will score, Agnew for me is the team's liability, simply adds nothing to the team and is worst player on our books, Murray deserves time and I am sure he will get it right but he needs to make some big decisions especially regarding Agnew

14 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Don't disagree with any of this, I was a bit worried about our signings and shot down as not giving them a chance  (not on here). Other than the Motherwell game, I've seen nothing to change my mind. Not sure why we decided to raid Dumbarton to build this season's team and have zero faith that we'll get a result on Saturday, but we live in hope.

Edited by She who dares gins

50 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Don't disagree with any of this, I was a bit worried about our signings and shot down as not giving them a chance  (not on here). Other than the Motherwell game, I've seen nothing to change my mind. Not sure why we decided to raid Dumbarton to build this season's team and have zero faith that we'll get a result on Saturday, but we live in hope.

Sat game  will be a good judge, where we are, Easton from the start  this week should help,  not in favour of the 3 at the back, who knows what it will be this week, would think it will be back to a 4. Dycey upfront  who knows managers thinking. 

Agnew has struggled as the deeper and more central midfielder imo but looked a lot better on the left of the midfield three against Motherwell. Baffling that Murray stuck him back in the deeper role at the weekend, especially considering McCabe clearly looks much more effective in that role than he does on the left of the three. Unless Murray plays him in a more favourable role I'd say there's a danger of Agnew becoming another Ryan Conroy (albeit his set pieces are far superior to Conroy's).

1 hour ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Agnew has struggled as the deeper and more central midfielder imo but looked a lot better on the left of the midfield three against Motherwell. Baffling that Murray stuck him back in the deeper role at the weekend, especially considering McCabe clearly looks much more effective in that role than he does on the left of the three. Unless Murray plays him in a more favourable role I'd say there's a danger of Agnew becoming another Ryan Conroy (albeit his set pieces are far superior to Conroy's).

Young McDonald looked a real find against motherwell, last sat you had to look to find him. You  can sometimes get away with one or two players not doing their job, not when it's from keeper to striker, think its one to put behind us, 3 point's this week at all is forgotten, till the next week,