The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

34 minutes ago, dextermorgan said:

It would appear that the streaming service is here to stay which is a good thing in my opinion. Looking at other streams, like QOS last week, it is obvious that there is vast room for improvement to justify the price for our product. Moving the camera was a no-brainer from the start but viewers are looking for more than a car park surveillance feed these days. Whilst it is easy to criticise the clubs efforts sometimes on issues like streaming I think by and large the guys at the top are  providing management that is a vast improvent to the previous board.

Steaming service is great for people who want to watch the game but either arent comfortable physically going back to games, or are too far afield to be able to make the game. I'm glad that they have retained it as an option/revenue stream.

Agreed that this board are better than the last one, but it all comes down to results on the park at the end of the day.

Edited by G_H

I'd like to think that if Salford don't offer us any kind of fee for Robert we'll just keep him for another year. There really isn't time to send him on trial to another club after this one with the league about to start and he's definitely a player that can contribute and challenge for a regular place in the first team. I honestly think that would be best for him as well since he's clearly not getting the bigger move he wants right now but might with another year of development. Would likely mean us missing out on any kind of fee but at this stage I'm not convinced the fee would be one that makes that much of a difference to us anyway since the likes of Burnley and Celtic have decided against the move and he couldn't keep his place in our starting 11 at the end of last season.

As for the ticket prices, I agree that they are too high and I'm a firm believer that attending the football regularly should be an affordable day out for almost anyone but I don't really understand all the shock and outrage over them as if this is a new thing. An adult ticket is up by £1 on two years ago it's hardly a massive price hike. There's obviously an optimum price for the tickets in terms of the actual income to be made from them (500 tickets at £15 would generate more income than 400 at £18 for example) but I have no idea what price would actually optimise that income. How many fans won't attend regularly at £18 but would at £15? I haven't the slightest idea.

21 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Saving £40 over a year is a piss poor saving. £3.33 per month, not even the price of a decent pint. 

Guaranteed we won't see many of the decent home crowd from the Motherwell game attend on Saturday. 

How it pans out over the season will. Very much depend on how the team perform. 

I did have it as "save" and I can't remember when I last bought a decent pint in any pub but you make a fair point. I would always buy a season ticket ,  as I want to support the club rather than any here today gone tomorrow players/managers, after that terrible time in 2002. An income stream up front is something I can still afford but I know that is a very lucky situation to be in. You're right about some who would have been at the Well game not attending, and in the short run it will be winning results that raise any interest ( and vice versa) . The stream being moved to the stand side seems sensible given the sunny interruptions last season, and at that price it could appeal to some supporters. It's hard to guess whether the same price as "last" season would have ensured a regular turnout on the day . I have been rereading the 1880s book by John Henderson and it has several Advertiser articles criticising prices and constant tinkering ( my word) with the team line ups. Little changes in the life of what was called then a "country" club  facing up to the big city guys. Happy days if we win ?

I'll be absolutely delighted with any sort of win on Saturday tbh.  Montrose have been the very definition of an improving team in the last few years and I don't see this year being any different.  Would I pay £25 (me & the boy) every week for the most boring football known to man, but win the league? you're absolutely right I would.

Edited by ++Ammo - Airdrie++

28 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Latest podcast is up https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/2Te16w6rMkccvdSD8

Play-off final second leg
Motherwell Game
QotS
Season Ahead
The Price is Right?

Thanks to Alan Porteous and Colin Campbell for being panellists.

just in time, I've got a rake of paperwork to do for work stuck at a desk today, so its headphones in time.

22 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

He hasn’t kicked a ball since 2017, doubt he’ll be going to Sevilla haha

In agreement with you but those are the club's linked on twitter, more about the ludicrousness of him coming to us.

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

don't want to cause any undue speculation or appear "ITK" but I was heading out of Craigneuk Avenue there, and I'm positive Joleon Lescott was being shown the CrossFit gym fire exit routes.

#ITK

TBF, that Anichebe Story is up there with Stoichkov levels of brilliance.

Who do you think is our biggest  transfer money maker of all time, Fash, Davenport, any idea?? 

5 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Who do you think is our biggest  transfer money maker of all time, Fash, Davenport, any idea?? 

Over their Career, probably Davenport (just over £2m in total transfers)

Tony Watt and Fashanu are both on 1.46m, Coyle just over 1m

Edited by G_H

1 hour ago, G_H said:

Over their Career, probably Davenport (just over £2m in total transfers)

Tony Watt and Fashanu are both on 1.46m, Coyle just over 1m

Tony watt  1.46m  that Barcelona goal must have stood him well, thanks for that, 

47 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Dylon Easton fit for today?? Anybody 

Match preview says no new injury concerns and hopeful of getting some bodies back so that could be Easton or it could be Frizzell, Lyons, Walker, Pyott etc. Would Easton start if fit? I've thought McCabe, Agnew and McDonald worked well together.