The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

44 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

If we win today we go through, is that right?

We need to win to have any chance of going through. If Motherwell better our score by 2 goals then they will top the group.

We could still finish as one of the 3 best placed runners up but that is extremely tight.

7 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

f**k all like a clyde strip,if you don't like it don't buy it ffs

We trivia question for you , seeing as that mix of top , shorts and socks has never been used as a 1 st choice strip selection before (traditionalist) when was the last game that mix was used and who against......

56 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

We need to win to have any chance of going through. If Motherwell better our score by 2 goals then they will top the group.

We could still finish as one of the 3 best placed runners up but that is extremely tight.

Very decent chance of going through as a best placed runner up with a draw and shootout victory (or as group winners if Motherwell bottle it against Annan). A win will most likely see us as group winners but even if Motherwell do better our score by 2 goals it should certainly be enough to put us through as a best placed runner up

13 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I hope so since I've always liked our home top with black shorts but hard to tell when they're both wearing trackie bottoms. The black on the sleeves and collar suggests it could possibly be black shorts.

I’m never hugely bothered about the shorts and socks as I think whichever colour (white, red or black) always looks smart with the top. But the black shorts and socks this year would definitely make sense and look the part. I think we’ve mixed a matched a lot recently so could well do the same this season. Also, I know they did it last season, but the Holemasters logo looks so much  better without the yellow background. 

3 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Very decent chance of going through as a best placed runner up with a draw and shootout victory (or as group winners if Motherwell bottle it against Annan). A win will most likely see us as group winners but even if Motherwell do better our score by 2 goals it should certainly be enough to put us through as a best placed runner up

Don't think we have any chance with 2 point win. Even a win might not be enough.

I think M#######l will score enough so we will  probably end up second with a win. Dunfermline should win and be uncatchable and Hamilton could also score a few. If there is a winner between Arbroath & KH, they would probably finish above us.

A lot of its and maybes - need to win first and foremost

7 minutes ago, AB1974 said:

Don't think we have any chance with 2 point win. Even a win might not be enough.

I think M#######l will score enough so we will  probably end up second with a win. Dunfermline should win and be uncatchable and Hamilton could also score a few. If there is a winner between Arbroath & KH, they would probably finish above us.

A lot of its and maybes - need to win first and foremost

Good chance of 8 points and +2 GD being better than second place teams in Groups A and G. If Kelty Hearts and Arbroath draw then it'd also be better than second in Group B, and better than second in Group C if Dundee beat Forfar by 3 or more. Groups D and E could also have worse runners up but those are less likely. I'd say there's definitely a reasonable chance of 8 points being enough but a win should make sure of it. I don't think Motherwell will beat Annan by three anyway they looked absolutely terrible against us.

10 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Good chance of 8 points and +2 GD being better than second place teams in Groups A and G. If Kelty Hearts and Arbroath draw then it'd also be better than second in Group B, and better than second in Group C if Dundee beat Forfar by 3 or more. Groups D and E could also have worse runners up but those are less likely. I'd say there's definitely a reasonable chance of 8 points being enough but a win should make sure of it. I don't think Motherwell will beat Annan by three anyway they looked absolutely terrible against us.

If Arbroath and KH draw and KH won on pens, we couldn't better them with 8 PTS. If Arbroath win on pens , it would come down to goals scored (if we finish on 8). Need to win imo, but you never know - there could be an upset or 2. 

5 minutes ago, AB1974 said:

If Arbroath and KH draw and KH won on pens, we couldn't better them with 8 PTS. If Arbroath win on pens , it would come down to goals scored (if we finish on 8). Need to win imo, but you never know - there could be an upset or 2. 

My mistake. I overlooked the extra point in that group which does make things a bit more complicated.

7 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Bit of a blow, no  McCabe, 

Could be return of a niggling injury, manager has to weigh up, league Cup or get him fit for next week, I know what I would  do, we beat motherwell tthat was great, got to be the league, maybe Easton back next week aswell,