The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Finally calmed down after last night. That must be one of the few Ian Murray wins where every player and the manager, had top marks. Yes Motherwell had a few headed chances but our 2nd half was miles above what I had expected. Craig Watson was really good and I think the defence is a lot better than last season. McCabe's slightly deeper role and the busy work of McDonald certainly meant that Agnew was so much more influential. Clearly the first goal is always what you want and both these goals were crackers, but it was a delight to see us playing possession triangles when the Ref somehow found 6 added minutes. The No 7 for Motherwell was a real threat but we nullified much of his pace. Their midfield did not look like a Premier one and Stephen O'Donnell must have wished it was Grealish rather than Quitongo in that 2nd half. Just a pity we can't go ( as I understand) to Dumfries but it's nicely set up for the League campaign.   Glass more than half full today.

1 hour ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

I noticed that the Airdrie and QoS shirts are missing from the bottom of the match preview? Wonder if this means the new kit is getting unveiled today/tomorrow! 🤞

I'm hoping so as Football Nation tweeted a few days ago that they would unveil the kit in a few days. I did think as well there's a kit clash between our 3rd kit and QOS' home strip so presumably one of us will have to wear a different kit. Looking forward to getting beat to an Ally Roy goal from a Paul McKay long-throw whatever we wear. 

On 21/07/2021 at 14:31, GNU_Linux said:

Sad news. Well before my time but clearly held in high regard and spoken of fondly by those who knew him or remembered his time at the club. A pity we never had the minutes silence on Wednesday night given his connection to both clubs. I'm sure the time could have been found from somewhere. 

18 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I'm hoping so as Football Nation tweeted a few days ago that they would unveil the kit in a few days. I did think as well there's a kit clash between our 3rd kit and QOS' home strip so presumably one of us will have to wear a different kit. Looking forward to getting beat to an Ally Roy goal from a Paul McKay long-throw whatever we wear. 

McKay hasn't been involved any squad yet in the League Cup so presumably he still hasn't fully recovered from the injury he picked up against Morton.

15 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

Any idea if tickets will be available to away fans for the first league game of the season? 

We haven’t announced anything but given we sold 700 tickets to Motherwell fans I’d be surprised if we didn’t allow a much smaller number of Montrose fans in. I guess they’ll just do what usually happens and have the away fans at the end of the stand and home fans across the rest of it. 

Really like the away kit, but not so keen on the home kit. Think we may have been spoiled by how nice last year's home shirt was.
Screenshot_20210723-180829.thumb.png.b8da53612a6ff97521b789c3a7c55813.png
Think they're both stunning kits especially the home, I'm loving the black trim

To be honest I feel spoilt by all three of our kits this season.

22 minutes ago, NorthernDiamond said:

Think they're both stunning kits especially the home, I'm loving the black trim

To be honest I feel spoilt by all three of our kits this season.

I think it's the collar more than anything. It really suits the away, just not the home so much.

Not keen on any of the kits this year, although the 3rd is best of a bad lot.

However, who gives a monkeys? Fantastic to see us start with some decent results, hopefully we'll get off to a flying start in the league.

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Really like the away kit, but not so keen on the home kit. Think we may have been spoiled by how nice last year's home shirt was.

Screenshot_20210723-180829.png

The home top is not too bad but mixed with black shorts and red socks,   not sure about that,      basically a Clyde strip.......

Beauts! I wasn't sure about the sleeves at first but they're growing on me (though they would shrink literally). They look a bit like an under-top in that pic but I assume they'll look better in person as kits always do. Another tremendous effort from Football Nation/Umbro! I really like the collar actually. Are we going to be wearing black shorts and socks with both kits? 

Beauts! I wasn't sure about the sleeves at first but they're growing on me (though they would shrink literally). They look a bit like an under-top in that pic but I assume they'll look better in person as kits always do. Another tremendous effort from Football Nation/Umbro! I really like the collar actually. Are we going to be wearing black shorts and socks with both kits? 
Going off the football nation site it's black shorts and red socks for the home, black for both on the away kit

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

I hope so since I've always liked our home top with black shorts but hard to tell when they're both wearing trackie bottoms. The black on the sleeves and collar suggests it could possibly be black shorts.

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

The home top is not too bad but mixed with black shorts and red socks,   not sure about that,      basically a Clyde strip.......

You're alright this year; we're going with a bonkers all white kit with red trim. Namely, not a Clyde kit.