The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

56 minutes ago, G_H said:

Honestly, I'd rather have a good rumor than nothing, even if its ends up being mince about west ham strikers, because it gives something to look at/talk about/have a moan at if nothing else.

Adarkwa signed for QPR the other day, so I think we can rule him getting unveiled later today. 😄

3 hours ago, Ayr Diamond said:

You cant beat a bit of flack for trying to keep punters up to speed, never mind it's all good fun well i'll sign off from this page with another bit of news , there's a striker coming in today.

Finally the West Ham striker we’ve all been waiting for….

2 hours ago, G_H said:

Honestly, I'd rather have a good rumor than nothing, even if its ends up being mince about west ham strikers, because it gives something to look at/talk about/have a moan at if nothing else.

Aye, when are we seeing the  pen, 

12 minutes ago, G_H said:

"Airdire winger Thomas Robert has seen his trial at Premier League Burnley extended"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/thomas-robert-celtic-transfer-blow-24570853

Extended trial is a load of crap. Either sign him or don't rather than leave us in limbo.

36 minutes ago, G_H said:

"Airdire winger Thomas Robert has seen his trial at Premier League Burnley extended"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/thomas-robert-celtic-transfer-blow-24570853

I genuinely think this story is a load of nonsense. Absolute spin Doctor stuff from agents etc trying to get him a deal elsewhere. He hardly set the world on fire with us. Celtic didn't see enough to sigh him and I cannot buy for one second that Burnley would sign him. He's not good enough. End of. Just my humble opinion of course. 

As for this striker we are supposed to be signing, it's not unexpected at all. We are still short up front from last seasons numbers. 

11 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

I genuinely think this story is a load of nonsense. Absolute spin Doctor stuff from agents etc trying to get him a deal elsewhere. He hardly set the world on fire with us. Celtic didn't see enough to sigh him and I cannot buy for one second that Burnley would sign him. He's not good enough. End of. Just my humble opinion of course. 

As for this striker we are supposed to be signing, it's not unexpected at all. We are still short up front from last seasons numbers. 

I thought he would have been OK at our level , worth another season at least. But agree it's probably just paper talk stoked up by his agent. 

12 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

He had some nice touches and the occasional flashes where you could see there was a bit of quality but too often large spells of games passed by him. He needs to impose himself on the game more and not get bullied by defenders as much. 

Also his set pieces weren't up to much. I think I'm right in saying last season we got 2 goals from Robert corners but 3 from McKay throw ins and our support slated the McKay throws. Already you can see the difference in our delivery from dead balls from Agnew compared with last season (excluding Turner). 

It was a difficult for everyone. Especially a kid coming from another country and trying to settle in during a Pandemic. Maybe another season, especially with less restrictions off the pitch he may have settled in better.

Edited by Tory Boy

14 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Complete agreement with all of this.

On 19/07/2021 at 17:55, airdrieman said:

Anyone know if the team at least will have the new home kit on Wednesday? Would be a real shame not to wear the diamond in the Lanarkshire derby. 

Going by the match preview it looks like we’ll be wearing the 3rd kit again. Football Nation/Umbro have been an excellent partner so far in terms of the quality and range of products and have much improved the speed with which we’ve received our new kits over the last few seasons. But that’s poor TBH. I understand COVID may have caused issues but it’s not as if we’ve changed suppliers or they didn’t know what the kit was going to go look like months (years) ago. 

52 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Going by the match preview it looks like we’ll be wearing the 3rd kit again. Football Nation/Umbro have been an excellent partner so far in terms of the quality and range of products and have much improved the speed with which we’ve received our new kits over the last few seasons. But that’s poor TBH. I understand COVID may have caused issues but it’s not as if we’ve changed suppliers or they didn’t know what the kit was going to go look like months (years) ago. 

Normally we have at least seen the design template,  this season nothing apparently the design was agreed in February by our since departed DOF.

3 hours ago, G_H said:

No home kit, can barely field 11 players. Just wtf is going on?

Bit of an overreaction or you just looking for an excuse to slag Murray and the club??

Currie 

Watson Kerr Fordyce

Wardrop Mccabe Aggy Quitongo 

Easton

Gallagher Kouder-Aissa

Subs:

Cantley

Ritchie 

New signing😉🤫

Allan

5 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Bit of an overreaction or you just looking for an excuse to slag Murray and the club??

Currie 

Watson Kerr Fordyce

Wardrop Mccabe Aggy Quitongo 

Easton

Gallagher Kouder-Aissa

Subs:

Cantley

Ritchie 

New signing😉🤫

Allan

The match preview doesn't mention Easton as being fit when specifically talking about players who are fit again (Kerr, McCabe), and you cant bet on any "new signing" as they clearly havent been announced, so that gives you Cantley and Ritche as subs.

I posit that qualifies as barely 11 players.

Furthermore, Murray and the club deserve a slagging until such time we look like promotion contenders with this lot. The Barcelona knock off kit isn't fooling anyone, and who would have thought that we might be expecting to need a kit that's white with a red diamond for this season, it's only been in use for 109 years after all?

Edited by G_H