The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Given all that you have got to be happy with 2points,looks like it's going to be a tight league, got a strong thinking that Falkirk  could be the team to finish above, 

I wasn't there but I think given how makeshift our team actually was and the fact we only had one fit player on the bench (and Dean Ritchie at that) it's a good point. And we could have won it as well had Salim put away the penalty in the 90 minutes. 

Was Lyons' injury bad? With Lyons, Easton, McCabe, Frizzell and Pyott (lol) potentially out and neither Kerr or Kouider-Aissa being fully match-fit yet it could be a struggle to put out a team on Wednesday! Somebody give Daniel Scally, Miracle Okafor, Harris O'Connor and Ally Taylor a call 😂

58 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I wasn't there but I think given how makeshift our team actually was and the fact we only had one fit player on the bench (and Dean Ritchie at that) it's a good point. And we could have won it as well had Salim put away the penalty in the 90 minutes. 

Was Lyons' injury bad? With Lyons, Easton, McCabe, Frizzell and Pyott (lol) potentially out and neither Kerr or Kouider-Aissa being fully match-fit yet it could be a struggle to put out a team on Wednesday! Somebody give Daniel Scally, Miracle Okafor, Harris O'Connor and Ally Taylor a call 😂

He walked off after t he game with his arm in a sling,  shame i thought the lad had a decent game.

8 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Any further info? Just going for that smug ITK vibe? Absolutely can't stand posts like this.

Couldn't agree more. And given any lack of response, it's clear the smug approach is preferred. Think we'd all figured it out for ourselves anyway given his total absence during preseason and games to date. 

31 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Couldn't agree more. And given any lack of response, it's clear the smug approach is preferred. Think we'd all figured it out for ourselves anyway given his total absence during preseason and games to date. 

We've been plagued with this type of crap for a while now, I've no doubt he's heard something, but the sweetie wife approach of "run to pie and Bovril and dangle some knowledge that I have that you all don't know" is just such a pain in the backside. I hope Robert is gone and that Mackay will also be nowhere near us any more. It's been an absolute sore on the club for a while now.

20 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

Superb  thanks down Lincolnshire weather very warm and good beer ♦️

Good to hear and hope the beer is not warm. We used to sing a song at secondary school called the "Lincolnshire poacher" -maybe we should try to sign one as a striker. I think there was a line which we misheard as "It's my delight on a Friday night" when it was a "shiny" night. The wonders of a pre Beatles music lesson.

On 14/07/2021 at 20:37, Chapelhall chap said:

Just seen the change of age decision and quite wise in the end. No doubt there will be a correction to the amount I paid last night. I would be quite content to pay the £195.00 without getting a Club 24 discount. Maybe they should have got in touch with Club 24. ST holders from previous seasons ( They have our emails) and this would have been fore warned.

All sorted out so thanks to Yvonne at administration. Still poor thinking by someone.

6 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

All sorted out so thanks to Yvonne at administration. Still poor thinking by someone.

Interesting that Queens Park were charging 17 pounds for the game yesterday,  I thought all clubs had to agree a gate price prior which would normally be the same, we charged 10 against Annan,  12 against Motherwell. If we charged 17 against Queens Park there would be a mutiny.... I don't believe it has been mentioned anywhere else.

Looking forward to the meltdown when the walk up league game  prices are announced probably 17 and 12.......

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

Interesting that Queens Park were charging 17 pounds for the game yesterday,  I thought all clubs had to agree a gate price prior which would normally be the same, we charged 10 against Annan,  12 against Motherwell. If we charged 17 against Queens Park there would be a mutiny.... I don't believe it has been mentioned anywhere else.

Looking forward to the meltdown when the walk up league game  prices are announced probably 17 and 12.......

Mine was a senior chap £12.00 yesterday and with an electronic QR code entrance so who knows what will happen if we go back to cash? I suspect ours will be up from last years £10/16.00 going by the average cost of the season tickets per game. I think I paid £153.00 for a reserved seat last season so that's already a hefty increase to £195.00  Of course I was willing to pay it just to get out on a Saturday again but I can see a negative reaction on the horizon.

8 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Mine was a senior chap £12.00 yesterday and with an electronic QR code entrance so who knows what will happen if we go back to cash? I suspect ours will be up from last years £10/16.00 going by the average cost of the season tickets per game. I think I paid £153.00 for a reserved seat last season so that's already a hefty increase to £195.00  Of course I was willing to pay it just to get out on a Saturday again but I can see a negative reaction on the horizon.

It's true everybody is in favour of Equality until it costs them money....

My personal opinion is it should be one price for all, be it 14 quid a ticket,  a seat is a seat etc..

8 minutes ago, Passionate said:

It's true everybody is in favour of Equality until it costs them money....

My personal opinion is it should be one price for all, be it 14 quid a ticket,  a seat is a seat etc..

I can see the point of equality as well and I would have no problem paying the same as other adults. I would hope that age benefit would be extended to youngsters mind you. There used to be a long argument about the "buroo" gate back in the day.

On 17/07/2021 at 16:04, cb_diamond said:

Any further info? Just going for that smug ITK vibe? Absolutely can't stand posts like this.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

On one hand people are moaning because of the lack of info but the second anyone puts their head above the parapet with any snippets of info they have heard they get shot down for being “ITK.”

It’s no wonder so many folk have stopped using this page.

41 minutes ago, Tory Boy said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

On one hand people are moaning because of the lack of info but the second anyone puts their head above the parapet with any snippets of info they have heard they get shot down for being “ITK.”

It’s no wonder so many folk have stopped using this page.

You are joking right? 

It's not the information, it's the way it's disseminated.  The total "I know something you all don't" crap. I doubt deals at our level are falling apart because someone has written the sentence "I've been told robert has signed for Burnley after his trial and theres a fee"

Edited by cb_diamond

1 minute ago, Ayr Diamond said:

You cant beat a bit of flack for trying to keep punters up to speed, never mind it's all good fun well i'll sign off from this page with another bit of news , there's a striker coming in today.

Is there, aye?

58 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

You are joking right? 

It's not the information, it's the way it's disseminated.  The total "I know something you all don't" crap. I doubt deals at our level are falling apart because someone has written the sentence "I've been told robert has signed for Burnley after his trial and theres a fee"

How do you want info to be released, clubs won't say until deals are done,   if we get a whisper of interesting news or gossip....  That's gold for a football supporter.....

That's what football is all about ffs,   the Pre or post match discussions are far better than the 90 minutes..

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

How do you want info to be released, clubs won't say until deals are done,   if we get a whisper of interesting news or gossip....  That's gold for a football supporter.....

That's what football is all about ffs,   the Pre or post match discussions are far better than the 90 minutes..

While I agree, there's ways and means. The way Ayr Diamond does it is the merest crumbs and it's done that way completely intentionally. It's like that fat, annoying lassie you went to school with on Facebook posting "I'm absolutely raging" and then when asked why by someone, replies "I'll DM you". That's your equivalency.

Edited by cb_diamond

Interesting article on DTV (notITK).  Ian Murray's post match interview states he hoped to have a couple of new players in the next 2 or 3 days,  and confident that we will have a full squad for the Montrose game in a fortnight..

as stated previously with a striker proposed to come in today,   Yes I would take one, but think another midfielder and  right winger are more priority,    also hopefully if we can get enough cover then we can send Ritchie out on loan, no offence to the guy but he is 2 yards too slow for this level and is clearly not trusted or rated by Murray..

Honestly, I'd rather have a good rumor than nothing, even if its ends up being mince about west ham strikers, because it gives something to look at/talk about/have a moan at if nothing else.

Edited by G_H