The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

On 10/07/2021 at 23:03, el Gringo said:

As an aside, #MyTop5Players is trending on twitter. Your top 5 favourite players for your team in your lifetime. Not the best players, your favourite players. Mine:

John Martin
Owen Coyle
Paul Harvey
Paddy Connolly
Antonio Calderón

Drew Jarvie

Drew Busby

Billy Wilson

Sam Goodwin

Sandy Clark

Edited by Old Diamond

On 10/07/2021 at 23:03, el Gringo said:

As an aside, #MyTop5Players is trending on twitter. Your top 5 favourite players for your team in your lifetime. Not the best players, your favourite players. Mine:

John Martin
Owen Coyle
Paul Harvey
Paddy Connolly
Antonio Calderón

I’ll go: 

Javier Sanchez Broto 

Paul Lovering

Antonio Calderon

Owen Coyle

Alan Gow

#mytop5players Just had a go at this on twitter. How do you break this down to just 5??

1. Owen Coyle
2. Steve Gray
3. Johnny Martin
4. Sandy Clark
5. Willie McGuire
Jim Rodger
Tom Black
Antonio Calderon
David Fernandez
Jesus San Juan
Willie McLaren
Paul Harvey
Peter Davenport
Johnny Flood
Davie McCabe
Jim Black
Derek Whiteford
Graham Harvey
Alan Lawrence
Kenny Black
David Kirkwood
Andy Smith

Top 5 I posted are as above but I could have permed any 5 of the group above. What a squad to have. And it doesn’t include Busby & Jarvie who were slightly ahead of my time.

Sandy Clark   Sammy Conn.     Owen  Coyle, Peter Davenport, Johnny Martin,  loads more I could have included  that I liked to watch, 

Can’t believe I missed out Super Sammy Conn. A legend if ever there was one.

1 hour ago, Maxismydog said:

Prices bumped by £20, goal posts moved for older fans with concessions going from +65 to +75 (which isn't necessarily dreadful but is snuck in there without further mention) and online purchase only - that'll get folk back! 

By all means give the option for purchasing online, but surely the priority should be making it as easy as possible for as many people as possible to make the games in the coming months. Zero communication from the board into the bargain. Poor stuff.

What's the justification for bumping the concession age to over 75s? Bit shite expecting retired folk to fork out full price. 

Doesn’t affect me personally but I’m hoping it’s a typing error and it’s meant to be 65 rather than 75.

3 hours ago, 2lgm said:

Doesn’t affect me personally but I’m hoping it’s a typing error and it’s meant to be 65 rather than 75.

Just did it online. I am a 1924 Club member so they already know my DOB ( over 65) and they applied a 10% deduction , and I could not even cheat and add on a few years to get to 75. It does seem a stark increase for anyone who was not a previous ST purchaser. I know life expectancy might be increasing and it's the BBC cut off for a free licence, but it may well have an impact on marginal 66 + fans/customers (!)  . It is a poor bit of communication from the Board in not setting out what could be a reasonable case over lost revenue etc in the last year.  Given that previous ST holders in some senses paid out good money but got a poorer return in the lost season it has come across as a  poor decision.  In the end I suppose I did not have to pay upfront again so I will end there.

Just did it online. I am a 1924 Club member so they already know my DOB ( over 65) and they applied a 10% deduction , and I could not even cheat and add on a few years to get to 75. It does seem a stark increase for anyone who was not a previous ST purchaser. I know life expectancy might be increasing and it's the BBC cut off for a free licence, but it may well have an impact on marginal 66 + fans/customers (!)  . It is a poor bit of communication from the Board in not setting out what could be a reasonable case over lost revenue etc in the last year.  Given that previous ST holders in some senses paid out good money but got a poorer return in the lost season it has come across as a  poor decision.  In the end I suppose I did not have to pay upfront again so I will end there.

I understand they’ve took a hit over the last 18 months but this is a bit much I think. Especially with the lack of communication. I think they’ll lose more than they gain. I’ll be getting my ST - glutton for punishment.