The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

I think he had a good game for QP against us a few years ago ( the late penalty show?) and he is at last a striker so let's hope. As said earlier the online ticket purchase was very smooth as a tenner flew to Broomfield.  Still not willing to say much until I actually see a game. ( Not seen many good ones for the last 4 weeks on TV, just a few smashers) 

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Saw him quite a few times at Kilsyth Rangers,  fantastic goalscorer at that level,  42 goals circa in the season before he went senior,   bounced about a few clubs Queens Park, Livi, Partick possibly as good as there is around on the striker front that's not signed up.

I would agree. EVERY Salim Kouider-Aïssa goal from the 2019-2020 Season! - YouTube

31 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Superb signing for our level and a much needed one at that. Have a feeling we will still do some more business's. Hopefully more of the same quality. 

Delighted with that signing, ticks all the boxes and the club sign him on a cheeky 2 year deal as well.

2 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Not that it necessarily means anything but he was with Max Currie on Currie's instagram story the other day. Wonder if Max had a word in his ear.

Can confirm that it meant something. I was going to mention it on here three or four days ago when I saw it but I've got no inside info or anything and for all I knew they were just pals. Delighted with that signing.

I don’t want to jinx it but Salim is exactly the sort of striker we need. Works hard, can harry and get physical with defenders, good in the air AND he can score. Definitely a huge weight lifted off our shoulders RE needing a striker. He must not only be the best of the strikers available but he’s probably still one of the better forwards in the league IMO. Excellent piece of business, especially on a 2 year deal ♦️

1 hour ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Can confirm that it meant something. I was going to mention it on here three or four days ago when I saw it but I've got no inside info or anything and for all I knew they were just pals. Delighted with that signing.

I was the same I was going to mention it also as it looked like the bar/function room at the stadium in the background haha. All in all a good bit of business from the club though. Suddenly things are looking up again. 

Really happy with this signing, i think we were all a bit worried as to where the goals were going to come from this season. 

Great find from Murray! Hopefully a couple of loan signings before the league season starts and i think our squad will be complete.

Really happy with this signing, i think we were all a bit worried as to where the goals were going to come from this season. 
Great find from Murray! Hopefully a couple of loan signings before the league season starts and i think our squad will be complete.
If we can get an out and out defensive midfielder in the same quality as Salim I'll be very happy going into the new season.

1 hour ago, NorthernDiamond said:
2 hours ago, AJ77 said:

If we can get an out and out defensive midfielder in the same quality as Salim I'll be very happy going into the new season.

Yeah wouldn't mind it but who's out there available in that position might be the problem. I feel we're pretty covered in central midfield anyways be surprised if he signed another. 

Yeah wouldn't mind it but who's out there available in that position might be the problem. I feel we're pretty covered in central midfield anyways be surprised if he signed another. 
To be fair that's what folk were saying about a striker and look what happened, we'll just have to hope that some names will be becoming available soon.

I disagree about being covered in central midfield, I think we have some good attacking options and maybe a box to box type in McCabe but we're missing someone to play the Paton role from last season.

9 minutes ago, NorthernDiamond said:

To be fair that's what folk were saying about a striker and look what happened, we'll just have to hope that some names will be becoming available soon.

I disagree about being covered in central midfield, I think we have some good attacking options and maybe a box to box type in McCabe but we're missing someone to play the Paton role from last season.

I think it'll be Agnew, McCabe and Easton as the 3 centre mids, with Mcdonald and Ritchie as backup, worst comes to worst Josh kerr can sit in that midfield role if need be

I think it'll be Agnew, McCabe and Easton as the 3 centre mids, with Mcdonald and Ritchie as backup, worst comes to worst Josh kerr can sit in that midfield role if need be
If McCabe is good enough defensively to play that role then fair enough, still unsure what Ritchie brings to the team when he's on the pitch.

9 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Agree,   the position we seem short is Right midfield, interesting interview with Murray on DTV when asked about new signings, he said he hoped for a few more, and it appears to have been filmed prior to Salim signing,