The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

53 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Don’t know if it’s just me but this must be the worst quality stream I’ve ever watched. It feels like I’m watching it through some dodgy streaming site.

From what I can see, Easton looks a real threat. The trialist (number 11) looks decent so far as well. Any ideas who it is?

Trialist has just been subbed and i would doubt he will be seen again. Utter gash!

1 hour ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Is McDonald the blonde trialist wearing I think number 15 in midfield? Whoever he is I think he's looked really good since he came on

Yeah that’s him. I thought he looked decent, very energetic and good at driving forward, not so good around the box but I guess that makes sense if he was a full-back before this. 

Jordan Allan looked very lively when he came on and made a big difference. It was a brilliant finish for his goal, I’m still not convinced he’s good enough to start every week but I can see why Murray signed him. 

I wasn’t convinced by the trialist striker at all. Seemed to struggle with simple passes and controlling the ball and when he did get through on goal he didn’t do much with it. The centre back who came on was fine, didn’t really have too much to do but worth another look tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

He was dreadful. At least he had the decency to show how dreadful he was before we try to sign him and not put in the best display of his life never to be repeat

Looking at the pictures from the game no 11 could be Isaac Layne..    The no 5 looks familiar as well...

1 hour ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Who was the Trialist goalie for Cumbernauld Colts? The commentator said he’s familiar to Airdrie fans. I initially thought it was David Hutton by that comment, but he didn’t look like him. 

Reece Willisoni think

5 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

He was dreadful. At least he had the decency to show how dreadful he was before we try to sign him and not put in the best display of his life never to be repeated.

He looked lively in first ten minutes but I appear to have cursed him.

12 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Reece Willisoni think

Not sure it was Willison, think it might have been Reece Murdoch from last season but could be wrong. I certainly didn’t recognise him at the time which would explain it being Murdoch given we could barely make out who was playing on the Pixellot streams nevermind the backup keeper.

The number 5 was Craig Watson. Not sure why he had a different squad number, maybe just going with 1-11 kits for today. 

8 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Not sure it was Willison, think it might have been Reece Murdoch from last season but could be wrong. I certainly didn’t recognise him at the time which would explain it being Murdoch given we could barely make out who was playing on the Pixellot streams nevermind the backup keeper.

The number 5 was Craig Watson. Not sure why he had a different squad number, maybe just going with 1-11 kits for today. 

Impressed with Watson, Good player with East Fife the last few srasons... Any idea why Frizzell or Pyott were missing today....I

On a side note that strip is  the best away kit for a long tine..

9 hours ago, Mr November said:

I had a look at the photos and it does look like Murdoch, with a new hairdo.