The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

If McDonald is a good prospect that can cover a few positions then I'd be delighted with that (particularly left back since I never felt confident having only McCann there last season and would prefer if here was cover for Quitongo). However, I can't imagine we're signing him because we missed out on Paton so I'd still expect another defensive midfielder to come in. Reckon after McDonald joins (assuming he does) we'll only be that one midfielder and a striker or two off of a full squad. Wouldn't be surprised if a third goalie comes in as well although I'm not too fussed about that since Morton have shown us how easy it is to get an emergency loan in if necessary.

Just noticed the squad numbers are now on the club's website.

1 Max Currie
2 Sam Wardrop
3 Rico Quitongo
4 Josh Kerr
6 Callum Fordyce
7 Rhys McCabe
8 Scott Agnew
9 Calum Gallagher
10 Dylan Easton
11 Thomas Robert
12 Dean Ritchie
14 Jordan Allan
16 Craig Watson
17 Patrick Pyott
18 Jay Cantley
19 Scott Walker
21 Adam Frizzell

5 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

1 Max Currie
2 Sam Wardrop
3 Rico Quitongo
4 Josh Kerr
6 Callum Fordyce
7 Rhys McCabe
8 Scott Agnew
9 Calum Gallagher
10 Dylan Easton
11 Thomas Robert
12 Dean Ritchie
14 Jordan Allan
16 Craig Watson
17 Patrick Pyott
18 Jay Cantley
19 Scott Walker
21 Adam Frizzell

Guess no one likes having a 5 in their number

6 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

1 Max Currie
2 Sam Wardrop
3 Rico Quitongo
4 Josh Kerr
6 Callum Fordyce
7 Rhys McCabe
8 Scott Agnew
9 Calum Gallagher
10 Dylan Easton
11 Thomas Robert
12 Dean Ritchie
14 Jordan Allan
16 Craig Watson
17 Patrick Pyott
18 Jay Cantley
19 Scott Walker
21 Adam Frizzell

Interesting number 5 has been kept clear, wonder if they have someone in mind

26 minutes ago, Ayr Diamond said:

Screaming out for a striker you'd struggle to get any of those strikers to score 20 between them and im being generous.

I'm certain there will be at least one striker added to the squad, maybe two. Roy, Carrick, and Connell all departed and only Allan has came in. Easton might play up front with Gallagher and Pyott might get more chances but there's obviously no guarantees with him considering his lack of appearances and frequent injuries. Regardless, I'm hopeful that Gallagher will manage to score more with more creative players around him, our midfield definitely seems more creative on paper than it has for the last few years.

51 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I'm certain there will be at least one striker added to the squad, maybe two. Roy, Carrick, and Connell all departed and only Allan has came in. Easton might play up front with Gallagher and Pyott might get more chances but there's obviously no guarantees with him considering his lack of appearances and frequent injuries. Regardless, I'm hopeful that Gallagher will manage to score more with more creative players around him, our midfield definitely seems more creative on paper than it has for the last few years.

I have a feeling the striker will come from down south. Sort of the same idea as Raith done last season with the likes of Manny Duku from the National League. 

11 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Maybe West Ham, 

Why go down south and settle for a west ham teenager when Messi is available on a free, we could play in the third kit every game so that he feels at home 🤪

Edited by G_H

I’m sure the club know more than anyone that we still need a striker or two. By the sounds of things there will definitely be trialists playing this weekend. Hopefully a decent striker(s) is among them and ideally there will be some interesting or exotic names mentioned here on Saturday. 

I would take a chance with him, think he is only 21year old, quick and does give defences problems , has he been released from Hamilton, 
From what I can see he's under contract till next year so it would be a loan if anything was to happen. I'd take him but you'd think he'd do a job for Hamilton in the championship

3 minutes ago, NorthernDiamond said:
13 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:
I would take a chance with him, think he is only 21year old, quick and does give defences problems , has he been released from Hamilton, 

From what I can see he's under contract till next year so it would be a loan if anything was to happen. I'd take him but you'd think he'd do a job for Hamilton in the championship

andy ryan and callum smith up front in the championship 🥺