The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

I assume this is just a teaser and they’ll reveal the full kit tomorrow before or as it comes online. I’d assume also that it will be an off the peg effort rather than a bespoke diamond kit but I don’t know! Maybe a new version of the Barcelona/ICT strip? 

image.thumb.png.18acd388d3224a49715102619d2f4faf.png

A proper pitch. A cracking kit. And the player was pretty good too.

22 hours ago, airdrieman said:

I assume this is just a teaser and they’ll reveal the full kit tomorrow before or as it comes online. I’d assume also that it will be an off the peg effort rather than a bespoke diamond kit but I don’t know! Maybe a new version of the Barcelona/ICT strip? 

image.thumb.png.18acd388d3224a49715102619d2f4faf.png

Good shout Airdrieman, but who are we playing against in this picture?

My favourite Airdrie kit is diamond top with white shorts & black socks (with red & white at the tops).  Does anyone know if we have had that combo since 2002?  I don't think we have.

Edited by DiamondDownSouth

My favourite Airdrie kit is diamond top with white shorts & black socks (with red & white at the tops).  Does anyone know if we have had that combo since 2002?  I don't think we have.

Also, although we tended to mix and match the socks most weeks, the combination you describe was actually our official home kit in 2019/20.IMG_5833.jpg

10 minutes ago, DiamondDownSouth said:

We had that combo 2 seasons ago. But the black socks were soon scrapped for white ones. Due to constantly clashing with other clubs away socks. 

30 minutes ago, el Gringo said:

Also, although we tended to mix and match the socks most weeks, the combination you describe was actually our official home kit in 2019/20.IMG_5833.jpg

Of course it was, I do recall it now, thanks.  I don't think Jim Ballantine was a fan of the black socks, but I'm sure that in my case I like them because it's what Airdrie were wearng in the early 70s when I started to follow the Diamonds.

1 hour ago, DiamondDownSouth said:

Hamilton Accies in this picture,

The picture with Sean Crighton wearing the 19\20 kit was against Bohemians

That's Cove showing a statement of intent signing Vigurs and Draper from premier clubs on 3year deals,    Falkirk beginning to build there squad also...

I would imagine we would have to finish ahead of these 2 clubs if we have designs on the title....

Do we have enough quality or is there more to come.  ???  Will budget allow it,or will be just fill the bench up the youth players..

13 hours ago, Passionate said:

That's Cove showing a statement of intent signing Vigurs and Draper from premier clubs on 3year deals,    Falkirk beginning to build there squad also...

I would imagine we would have to finish ahead of these 2 clubs if we have designs on the title....

Do we have enough quality or is there more to come.  ???  Will budget allow it,or will be just fill the bench up the youth players..

Think you can add Alloa to that, Ferguson will have a good sqad, 

13 hours ago, Passionate said:

I'd imagine we'd have to finish ahead of even more than 2 other clubs to win the title 😒.

Seriously though, I think we'll be looking at reaching the playoffs again this year.  There's always one or 2 teams in this league who "go for it" a bit more and sign a bit of quality at the right time.  Falkirk have made a couple of decent signings but also some hit or miss that could go either way.

Cove weren't far away and look as if they've added a bit of experience from this level (and now higher).  I'll enjoy the season hopefully, but I'd be kidding myself if I think we're capable of winning the league.

15 hours ago, Passionate said:

On paper the signings we have made are "ok" with the exception of McCann who looks a good player, time will tell if they are going to cut it. There's none that make you think " now that could make a real difference" and the boy from Cove has to be the most underwhelming yet. Still time ofcourse for us to bring in better, and we also still have jobbers like Hall and Miller stinking the place out. We SHOULD be amongst the favourites to win it but we all know what happened last year. I think there will be another 5 or 6 still to come in from us, two of them need to be half decent strikers or we will struggle for goals again.

With our signing's up to now and I hope I am wrong, I can see us 5th at best in league, Alloa, Cove, Falkirk, Queens Park, seem stronger than us, having said that I hope we can add a few quality players of our own, maybe loan players but we are running out of time, before I get slated it's only my opinion for what it's worth, 

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

With our signing's up to now and I hope I am wrong, I can see us 5th at best in league, Alloa, Cove, Falkirk, Queens Park, seem stronger than us, having said that I hope we can add a few quality players of our own, maybe loan players but we are running out of time, before I get slated it's only my opinion for what it's worth, 

Wouldn't say alloa look much stronger, made some pretty average signings. But it has been pretty quiet on our front the last 2 weeks, would like to see new face over the weekend

2 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Wouldn't say alloa look much stronger, made some pretty average signings. But it has been pretty quiet on our front the last 2 weeks, would like to see new face over the weekend

Aye, I was just judging Alloa on our game last season and with Ferguson coming in, strange move after gaining promotion with Kelty, suppose he has jumped a league, 

5 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye, I was just judging Alloa on our game last season and with Ferguson coming in, strange move after gaining promotion with Kelty, suppose he has jumped a league, 

We always have the proposed reconstruction lol.

The manager now has his players and team all be it couple to come or needed. Clearly his plan and not last minute signings so let's see if they can gel into a team who can challenge ♦️

Very quiet the last couple of weeks as a sceptical Airdrie can (aren't we all) that means either good or bad news is going to break.....   Even ITK types are quiet either that or Prunty has been told to zip it.

The squads are beginning to take shape throughout the division,  as starting 11s go we look decent enough,  no squad although signInge  still to come,   looking forward to seeing Easton in action and he seems a goalscorer as well,   although another striker is required, we are not nearly in as bad shape as some teams who appear in dire straits on the striker front.

hopefully some news soon, but it may depend on what trialist s Falkirk don't want ,  Paul McKay came that way...

league looks tighter and with more quality this year.....

It could also be we are going with a smaller squad overall this season.   The last couple of sessions we have had a few younger guys who for various reasons were not given game time.   I would think teams further up the league system will be sorting witch players they are willing to loan out.  So their will most likely be a few loans coming in who would be expected to be given starting places.