The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 weeks (and a day) till our first competitive fixture (Annan in the league cup), would hope to see the squad finalised soon, which surely means a few more players as there are only 17 at the moment.

Edited by G_H

It a all went quiet this week,   Still at least 4 players short,  most of the available strikers have been signed up, although we are not the only team in our League looking for strikers and to be honest we have more options than some,   Any other signings on the horizon....

Also can anyone confirm if preseason training has started yet,  some of our rivals went back 10 days ago....  We need every advantage we can get this season...

Hopefully this week we will get some season ticket news.  And you never know the release of this season's kit might be announced also....

21 days and counting to the first competitive game, cannot wait......

On 19/06/2021 at 13:37, Passionate said:

It a all went quiet this week,   Still at least 4 players short,  most of the available strikers have been signed up, although we are not the only team in our League looking for strikers and to be honest we have more options than some,   Any other signings on the horizon....

Also can anyone confirm if preseason training has started yet,  some of our rivals went back 10 days ago....  We need every advantage we can get this season...

Hopefully this week we will get some season ticket news.  And you never know the release of this season's kit might be announced also....

21 days and counting to the first competitive game, cannot wait......

I saw the club mentioned in their NLL Cup tweet today that pre-season is well underway, although how long they’ve been training for I don’t know. I noticed the club mentioned in a Facebook reply that an announcement on season tickets will be made soon and some ITK types have also said the kit should be revealed/available soon. 

Still a few signings to be made although I imagine there will be a lot of clubs in the same market as us and making offers to the same players, especially strikers like you say and I dare say the players who unsuccessfully held out for full-time or Championship deals will soon be dropping down to this level. We’ll no doubt sign a loanee or two as well. Don’t remember there being many good strikers released or available at all so it will be interesting to see who we bring in there as it’s one area of the park we definitely still need to strengthen. 

Can’t wait to get back to it as well. Particularly battering Motherwell in the League Cup. 

Came across this recent interview with Eoghan Stokes. He’s not very complementary of his time at Airdrie though we would say the exact same thing about him. He’s at it if he genuinely thinks Chris Woods being sold cost him a first team opportunity at Leeds United 😂 Wild. You’re just shite mate. Although he is going to score against us next season and do some sort of Adebayor esque celebration in front of the dugout and main stand and I’ll very much respect/be here for that small time behaviour. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/former-leeds-united-kid-eoghan-24329641

9 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Came across this recent interview with Eoghan Stokes. He’s not very complementary of his time at Airdrie though we would say the exact same thing about him. He’s at it if he genuinely thinks Chris Woods being sold cost him a first team opportunity at Leeds United 😂 Wild. You’re just shite mate. Although he is going to score against us next season and do some sort of Adebayor esque celebration in front of the dugout and main stand and I’ll very much respect/be here for that small time behaviour. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/former-leeds-united-kid-eoghan-24329641

Something wrong  though that we signed so many players over the passed few seasons that rarely get a start in the team, 

Came across this recent interview with Eoghan Stokes. He’s not very complementary of his time at Airdrie though we would say the exact same thing about him. He’s at it if he genuinely thinks Chris Woods being sold cost him a first team opportunity at Leeds United [emoji23] Wild. You’re just shite mate. Although he is going to score against us next season and do some sort of Adebayor esque celebration in front of the dugout and main stand and I’ll very much respect/be here for that small time behaviour. 
“With the way it was I played all the pre-season games and I was playing well."

He was fucking anonymous in the games I saw. Clearly got an ego that goes way above his talent.

1 hour ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

He was fucking anonymous in the games I saw. Clearly got an ego that goes way above his talent.

Yeah, I don’t actually remember seeing any games where he played well.

Sounds like sour grapes to me!

2 hours ago, thediamonddude said:

Yeah, I don’t actually remember seeing any games where he played well.

Sounds like sour grapes to me!

He played well in a couple of pre season games against the Rivers and I think, after that he never kicked a ball,  surprisingly cause we never had much else,  is it due to the bizarre pay as you play deal Stuart Millar negotiated with the Player recruitment agency Stokes and Mbayo were part of...

4 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

I’ve said it before but he’s genuinely the most anonymous player I’ve ever seen play for Airdrie. I don’t remember him doing anything of note in any of the friendlies or competitive games he played. For all Jack McKay is rubbish at least he can get up and down the park, looks to get on the ball and pops up with the (incredibly) rare goal. Stokes does nothing. So much so I couldn’t even tell you what his best position(s) or attributes are. And I know he didn’t get a lot of game time and might feel he never got a chance to prove himself but it’s not as if he ever contributed anything when he did play. I know it’s a crass way of looking at it but if he had any talent I’d have expected him to have shown at least a sliver of it when he started against Edinburgh City. But him and his agency buddy Mbayo were the two worst players on the park. Fully expecting him to have a stormer of a season with Dumbarton now. 

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Well I like it better than last season’s yellow effort already! 

I guess a fountain pen inducing marquee signing to show off the kit is probably too much to hope for!

3 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Well I like it better than last season’s yellow effort already! 

I don't think they should expect many orders without showing what it actually looks like.    Does it have a red diamond.  Last years 3rd kit didn't.   Red diamond and white sponsor has the potential to look horrific.   Will reserve judgement till we see it. 

Edited by Ballboy

1 hour ago, Ballboy said:

I don't think they should expect many orders without showing what it actually looks like.    Does it have a red diamond.  Last years 3rd kit didn't.   Red diamond and white sponsor has the potential to look horrific.   Will reserve judgement till we see it. 

I assume this is just a teaser and they’ll reveal the full kit tomorrow before or as it comes online. I’d assume also that it will be an off the peg effort rather than a bespoke diamond kit but I don’t know! Maybe a new version of the Barcelona/ICT strip? 

image.thumb.png.18acd388d3224a49715102619d2f4faf.png