The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

31 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Thanks for the update and it was actually good for me to look back at some of my rants from the past. Cheers

Must admit I like a good rant, you just get so annoyed when you think we should be doing better. But always Airdrie at heart, 

1 minute ago, Eric the half a b said:

Here here!!  We may not all have the same views on matters but we are all passionate about the Diamonds ♦️

Good to see Ericsson has came round hope all is well.

I had just finished the takeaway curry and put on the TV to discover that Erickson situation. It was really shocking . Still can't quite believe they are now playing the match, and endorse what you say. 

2 minutes ago, Joze M said:

I’d like us to sign big Russel McLean from Montrose, he was always a threat against us and scored some great goals last season. I think he’d suit Murray’s play style aswell imo

Let's push the boat out and sign Henderson  and  McLean, 

21 hours ago, Passionate said:

Striker is a position we need to strengthen,   in a,way we are lucky with Gallagher and Allan would think they could get 20 goals between them,   

Very few strikers still available at this level,,,,  Russell McLean (Montrose) and Steven Boyd could be in  our range although mo are confident of getting McLean to resign.

Doolan and Sammon are both done and sliding down the leagues....

I'm sure we were after Doolan a season or two ago but his stock has waned quite dramatically even since then. I'm pretty sure he's from Ayrshire so he should go add to his pension fund big time at Darvel while he still can. 

We definitely need another striker and preferably a couple as I don't think Pyott is going to add anything. I'm not convinced by Blair Henderson - I could be wrong but I don't think he's really done much beyond that one season at Edinburgh City. However he is a different option to Gallagher and is at least a proper target man. Likewise Russell McLean. I'm also not a huge fan of his but he seems to have kicked on in the last season or two and, again, is at least a proper target man. I'm pretty sure he lives in East Kilbride, or the west coast at least, so logistically it would be a sensible move for him. I've always liked Steven Boyd as a player although ideally we'd sign someone a bit more proven in addition to him as he'd be a bit of a gamble. Dylan Easton should convince his good mate Nathan Austin to sign IMO. 

11 hours ago, Aufc said:

Mclean won’t be signing for airdrie

McLean is a strange one and yes he has looked good  against us but it seems that Montrose fans are a bit split about him. Stands out because of his height but Mo fans think he ain't that good in the air and a bit timid.

Apparently he is not lacking in self confidence though and believes he should be at a much higher level!

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

As I just said on the Falkirk thread a great signing for them but shows a real lack of ambition from Leon IMO. He could have easily gone to the championship.

We might think that and we might be right that he's good enough to play in the Championship but we don't actually know if any Championship teams were in for him. As far as I know Falkirk were the only team rumoured to be signing him.

Guest Peter LaFleur
On 03/06/2021 at 11:16, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Oh, where to start....... 

They're  under performing, recruit piss poor managers and players and have been pumped by us for the last 2 seasons. Oh, and Falkirk didn't even make the play offs last season. 

Not to mention McCann himself saying he wanted a crack at the Championship which Falkirk are not in. 

Hope that helps. 👍

Oooft. Hope you’re ok.

16 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

We might think that and we might be right that he's good enough to play in the Championship but we don't actually know if any Championship teams were in for him. As far as I know Falkirk were the only team rumoured to be signing him.

Don't remember McCann  or Turner standing out against Morton, 

I’m really not too fussed. We’ve had better players leave over the years and still carried on. Going by the number of and speed of Murray’s signings he’s been planning for it. Best of luck to him, great engine and attitude if final ball can leave a bit to be desired at times.