The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:
8 minutes ago, airdrieman said:
It’s a position we needed cover in and it was always likely to be a youngster. Fair enough. 

My concern is that there has been a fair turnover of these youngsters providing cover in recent years with none of them developing into a first team No.1. Is that a scouting or coaching issue?

You are right… the coaching needs to be there but hopefully the boy has some talent and genuinely makes a challenge for a first team place.   Very tough to do that at 18 but you never know.  It’s a tough position as sub goalie.  Rarely get a game but if Currie gets injured he’ll get his chance 

6 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Don’t know anything about the boy but glad it’s someone younger who’s hungry to learn and possibly challenge for the jersey.  That’s another position filled…. Any chance of a midfielder getting announced today? 

Hopefully that's the case. It seems quite clear that Murray didn't fancy Murdoch at all given that after Hutton left we brought in McNeil (who had been our fourth choice behind Hutton, Gallacher and Willison the previous season) on loan to be backup to Currie.

2 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

McCabe signs then.  Decent result.

Happy with this signing. Will surely be influential in the centre mid role.  The starting 11 is really taking shape.  Hoping Murray has plans for another frontman… we need goals

and the fountain pen is back again… more ink needed 

13 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Happy with this signing. Will surely be influential in the centre mid role.  The starting 11 is really taking shape.  Hoping Murray has plans for another frontman… we need goals

and the fountain pen is back again… more ink needed 

Dylan Easton according to the club site

6 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Does that mean we're now finished building our midfield?

I make that 4 midfield signings I suppose it depends on Murray's formational plans. If he's planning to play basically a 5 in midfield we may see another. Really need another forward most at the moment.

28 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Does that mean we're now finished building our midfield?

The midfielders we have at the moment are all quite attack minded. I'd expect us to bring in a more defensive midfielder before the season starts but it might be a while before it happens if we were banking on signing Paton.

Just now, Steeplechat said:

He’ll do a job for you. Nothing outstanding but a experienced midfielder with a great long throw that usually leads to nothing plus he’s got nice hair emoji23.png

Always the same when a player that you supported signs for a bigger team one minute he's great next minute he's shite🤣🤣

Always the same when a player that you supported signs for a bigger team one minute he's great next minute he's shite[emoji1787][emoji1787]
In all seriousness McCabe was neither of them things for us. He was just very 'Meh'. He is capable of finding a pass and doesn't immediately shit the bed on the ball. He can be tidy enough sitting in front of the back 4. The biggest problem was he would be posted missing for the majority of games fairly regularly and as I said elsewhere, if it wasn't for the fact he took our throws I would have forgot he was on the park a lot of the time and I mean that literally. Watching on the tele you only really see what people are doing on the ball and he could go for ages without actually touching it.

But if we had been relegated I'd have liked him to stay as I think he'd do a decent job in L1 but on the flip side I'm in no way disappointed he won't be with us in the Championship next season.