The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Pyott's a strange one. He's essentially never played for us but he got a new deal pretty early on in 2019/20 and that's him bagged another one. I know he had a bad injury but it's not as if he was contributing or playing much before or after it. And he's 22 now so he's hardly a youngster trying to make a breakthrough. I did wonder if he might be a Millar 'project' but Murray obviously sees something in him to keep him around. Fair enough - I hope he can contribute something to the team this season. He's the new Robbie Leighton! 

Motherwell game Tuesday 20th July, 19:45 and on Premier Sports. A shame it's midweek but hopefully there will be no crowd restrictions in place by then. Playing Annan and Queen's Park before that game which is ideal (hopefully) in terms of going into it still with something to play for. 

If we’ve signed Quitongo then I guess McCann’s away? That seems like a bit of a downgrade but perhaps full-time training might help Quitongo develop. I could be wrong but I think he was doing quite well in 2019/20 until the season finished early but hasn’t progressed too much since then. Could be a lot worse though.

5 hours ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Anyone take any of the three realeased

850F4FC7-087A-46E7-8375-5694EED99D5E.png

Could we sell you Scott Rumsby pls? He’s really good and one sunny afternoon in Stirling, he tackled someone with his head!

Please.

14 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Could we sell you Scott Rumsby pls? He’s really good and one sunny afternoon in Stirling, he tackled someone with his head!

Please.

The way our recruitment t appears to be heading this summer, signing Rumsby will b e a distinct possibility,   we are doing the old fashioned sign players from your rivals to weaken them,   so far Craig Watson from East Fife and now linked with Dumbarton deadly duo of Adam Frizzell and Rico Quitongo. .     In case you didn't realise our target is to go one better and win the league......

Not with that dross I hear you say

38 minutes ago, Mr November said:

If we’ve signed Quitongo then I guess McCann’s away? That seems like a bit of a downgrade but perhaps full-time training might help Quitongo develop. I could be wrong but I think he was doing quite well in 2019/20 until the season finished early but hasn’t progressed too much since then. Could be a lot worse though.

Ewan is usually more or less bang on so it would not surprise me at all. I'll be gutted if Leon is away but I certainly can't begrudge him a move up the food chain - if that's what ends up happening. 

At least there might finally be some truth to the Jose Quitongo spotted at the stadium stories. 

Edited by airdrieman

On the face of it, Pyott is a strange signing.

He’s not really done anything that we’ve seen to suggest he’s worthy of a place in the squad, but then you flip that on its head and could argue he hasn’t had the chance to show his worth - 3 sub appearances won’t tell you much.

Given how relatively inexpensive I’d imagine he’d be, I’m happy enough to give him the chance this season. Need to see something from him though.

I’d still be hoping we can add two strikers to what we’ve got and I think that, along with the age-old conundrum of our central midfield, will be the biggest challenge for Murray.

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Motherwell game Tuesday 20th July, 19:45 and on Premier Sports. A shame it's midweek but hopefully there will be no crowd restrictions in place by then. Playing Annan and Queen's Park before that game which is ideal (hopefully) in terms of going into it still with something to play for. 

Hope no restrictions as you say but is Premier Sports a subscription channel?