The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Pretty much all you would want in a modern centre black, for some reason we played him defensive mid for half the season and did ok there as well,  definitely better as a defender...    

Not lie when you’s didn’t get by Morton, I had hoped we pick up Kerr and McCann. Not saw much of either but by twitter etc both get good reports.

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Gather he was decent for yous?

I think Kerr would be a great pickup for QOS. He’s an excellent reader of the game, very good on the ball for a centre-half and good at the more rudimentary sides of a centre-halves game too. He hasn’t actually played all that much at centre-half, or even at all in relative terms, but bar when he first came into the side and made a few basic errors, he’s played well beyond his experience level and has strolled it more or less. I’d hate to lose him but I couldn’t begrudge him a move to the Championship at all. 

I'd be quite surprised to see Josh Kerr go to qots tbh, a team that will most likely be at the wrong end of the table next season, and i'm pretty sure he lives in Airdrie/Coatbridge so not very handy for travel either

Frizzell is absolutely pish. He'll rip one into the top corner and you think he's a player but every other time he gets the ball he trips over his own feet or loses it. Perhaps playing in a non-Duffyball team would help him but it's clear he was playing for the team in 9th in League 1 for a reason last season. I doubt many Sons fans would have him back.

Guest Peter LaFleur
9 hours ago, Mr November said:

Adam Frizzell and Robbie Leitch were the first names I thought of. Of those I’d prefer Frizzell but as you say, neither will be exciting enough for the facebook mob.

Interesting that the Queen of the South fan who mentions Kerr going to them says they were also in for Craig Watson. It could be that our part-time wage alongside his day job works out better than Queens full-time wage or perhaps more chance of regular football but either way, it’s good we’re able to compete with sides in the league above for players if it’s true.

Kerr would be a massive loss but I can understand him wanting to test himself at a higher level. He hasn’t played that many games at centre back for us but when he has he’s looked excellent since coming back into the team against Clyde just before the season finished last year. I think he’s definitely capable of playing in the Championship, it’s just unfortunate we weren’t able to make it through the play-offs to have a better chance of keeping players like him.

If it helps your investigation your poster said he had read mixed reviews so I’d guess it would be Frizzell. The unanimous opinion of Leitch from our support is that he isn’t a footballer never mind a winger. Typical academy player who is technically sound enough that should produce a player but has zero drive, desire or fight to actually be effective. 

I suspect it is Callumn Morrison fron Falkirk. He was on loan to East Fife whilst a Hearts player but the move to Falkirk hasn't been anywhere near as successful as everyone it would be. He signed a 1 year contract at Falkirk with a 1 year option, with a clause that stated Falkirk could only exercise the option if they were promoted.
Disappointed that Scott Brown from Peterhead has re-signed as he would have been another terrific signing.

Guest Peter LaFleur
17 minutes ago, Mabawsa Ritchie said:

I suspect it is Callumn Morrison fron Falkirk. He was on loan to East Fife whilst a Hearts player but the move to Falkirk hasn't been anywhere near as successful as everyone it would be. He signed a 1 year contract at Falkirk with a 1 year option, with a clause that stated Falkirk could only exercise the option if they were promoted.
Disappointed that Scott Brown from Peterhead has re-signed as he would have been another terrific signing.

Keep dreaming brer.

I'd be quite surprised to see Josh Kerr go to qots tbh, a team that will most likely be at the wrong end of the table next season, and i'm pretty sure he lives in Airdrie/Coatbridge so not very handy for travel either

We train in hamilton. Convenient

I see the riddle me this,  twenty question ITK season has started in earnest. If you think you know a name then say it. League 1 transfers are unlikely to collapse because *insert random poster name here* claimed that it was a done deal on pie and bloody Bovril!!!

Edited by cb_diamond

1 hour ago, Mabawsa Ritchie said:

And did play with Agnew at East Fife for a spell in 19/20 season. 

21 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

Watson hasn't been signed as a backup. It was felt we went long too often last season. They wanted to address that by signing a defender who is more comfortable on the ball and will play out from the back. 

Our next signing is likely to be a young winger. Agnew rates him as one of the best players he played against last season. Having a wee nosey on his current clubs thread their fans seem to have mixed reviews on him but Murray and Agnew both seem to think he should be playing at a higher level.

No doubt all usual suspects in our support will have him wrote off before he kicks a ball. lol 

It's Frizzell,heard today lol

I’ve got a feeling I’m in the minority here, and have been when discussing him in recent weeks, but I don’t get the excitement over Kerr.

Would I like him to stay? Yeah, certainly - he’s still young and I’m sure will develop further and is already a decent player. However, I don’t think he’s strolled all of his games at CB or been a frequent standout.

Its difficult without looking at the stats, but my re-collection of his Airdrie career to this point is...

1. Started at CB with Crighton at the beginning of 2019/20 season, with Dycey shunted out to RB. After a handful of games, was dropped altogether for a number of poor performances/clangers.

2. Was brought back in at CB in January 2020, following injury/suspension to Crighton. Played well (certainly better than previously), but again, only for a handful of games before the season was called.

3. Played the first half of season 2020/21 as a holding MF - was pretty anonymous, then got injured.

4. Returned for the run-in at the end of season 2020/21 and was, admittedly, excellent; however it was only a handful of games again.

It’s entirely possible I’ll be proven wrong, but I just think he’s good, without being the superstar he’s made out to be. As someone else pointed out, he really hasn’t played in his favoured position much at all. 

I’d like him to stay but for me, it’s waay more important that we keep Fordyce.

52 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

It's Frizzell,heard today lol

Dumbarton fans don't seem too bothered about keeping him which is slightly worrying but i'll reserve judgement on him until he plays. Can't really remember him playing against us this season tbh.

47 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Dumbarton fans don't seem too bothered about keeping him which is slightly worrying but i'll reserve judgement on him until he plays. Can't really remember him playing against us this season tbh.

Hes all left foot,has about 2 or 3 good games,then dissappears would rather have kept thommo or Robert 

33 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Hes all left foot,has about 2 or 3 good games,then dissappears would rather have kept thommo or Robert 

Robert only player from last season under contract still

11 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Hes away back to France as I stated above,he's no longer contracted to the club 

First i've heard, He was under contract i can't see the club terminating it personally if there's a chance we can still get a small fee for him

19 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Hes away back to France as I stated above,he's no longer contracted to the club 

The club literally stated the opposite at Xmas time did they not? Where did you hear this from? More vague ITK stuff??