The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

Kerr gets POTY for me 

I was hoping they'd have narrowed it down for me to make it easier to think but nope, I could even vote Eoghan Stokes if I felt so inclined. I'm leaning towards Kerr as well but I'm not against voting Turner just for what he managed towards the end of the season. Wouldn't be against McKay or Gal winning either.

Edited by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds

Kerr is definitely a good shout but I voted for Turner, even though he didn’t actually play that many games. He was just so fundamental and intrinsic to our run to second place and the play-off final in a way that nobody else was IMO. And I don’t think there was anyone outstanding or consistent enough over the rest of the season to take it from him. Although if Kerr had played centre-half the entire season he’d probably have been the outstanding choice. Also thought Carrick was probably our best player the first half of the season. 

1 hour ago, Tory Boy said:

I voted for Fordyce. So consistent throughout the season.

Fordyce for me as well, two seasons in a row. A lot of our players had good spells either side of the break, Fordyce is the only player who’s consistently put in good performances throughout the season. 

Turner for me.

I’d agree Kerr was excellent for the run-in, but I felt he was poor in the first half of the season.

Turner, whilst he was only with us for the run-in, was instrumental for me in where we finished up.

Had it not been him, I’d have said Dycey too. But he, like most of the squad, were pretty inconsistent in the first part of the campaign.

Pleased to get Motherwell in the cup - hopefully we’ll be able to get a decent crowd in for that one. Should be a cracker!

I see Dale has signed for Stirling Albion (think somebody on here called that). I’m glad he’s not went to a team in our division but I’m quite envious of their strike force of Dale and Andy Ryan haha. Must be where Stranraer or Brechin’s good bookkeeper has ended-up. 

18 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

I keep checking twitter today,Hoping I see that pen picture from airdrie,Come on to f**k get the finger out 🤣🤣

All players are out of contract as of Monday 31st,  hopefully hear about resignings soon..

I get the feeling Murray has new players waiting to be announced, possibly waiting on their contracts expiring...

Heard a couple of whispers, nothing to get excited about though

28 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I see Dale has signed for Stirling Albion (think somebody on here called that). I’m glad he’s not went to a team in our division but I’m quite envious of their strike force of Dale and Andy Ryan haha. Must be where Stranraer or Brechin’s good bookkeeper has ended-up. 

Of course it all depends on who we sign but it must be noted that Stirling Albion were the 6th worst team in the country last year.

44 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Of course it all depends on who we sign but it must be noted that Stirling Albion were the 6th worst team in the country last year.

It’s a funny one as they’re not very good but they’re obviously chucking some money about. Guys like Ray Grant, Andy Ryan, Dale Carrick and even your Kurtis Roberts and Jack Leitchs’ won’t be playing for Stirling Albion in League 2 for buttons. 

Very happy with our recruitment. You’re right, we aren’t very good (well last season, anyway). Injuries didn’t help but Andy Ryan is far too good for League 2. Absolute stand out. Happy with the Carrick signing. Did you not want to keep him? 

13 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Very happy with our recruitment. You’re right, we aren’t very good (well last season, anyway). Injuries didn’t help but Andy Ryan is far too good for League 2. Absolute stand out. Happy with the Carrick signing. Did you not want to keep him? 

Yes it's fair to say that vast majority would like to have kept him, probably including me. He's only 27 which shocked me as i thought he looked and played as if he was older. 

1 minute ago, Kenny_m said:

Yes it's fair to say that vast majority would like to have kept him, probably including me. He's only 27 which shocked me as i thought he looked and played as if he was older. 

27 seems older, been around for years,   Either Carrick or Ryan will notice a,reduction in goals depending on who takes the penalties for Stirling,   be warned he only lasts about 70 mins and then he blows up...   Still decent enough player..