The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

All the best to the Diamonds tonight. Watched the first leg and you have much more to give and I'm sure tonight you'll give it everything and do L1 proud. I, for one, fancy Airdrie to turn the tie around and progress.

Will be watching tonight. First goal will be vital.

8 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

All the best to the Diamonds tonight. Watched the first leg and you have much more to give and I'm sure tonight you'll give it everything and do L1 proud. I, for one, fancy Airdrie to turn the tie around and progress.

Thanks for that, to be fair  against Cove if it had been a boxing match I think it would have been stopped in your favour, we seem to find a way to win, so you can be assured we will give  it our best shot, 

16 hours ago, stuartcraig said:

I'm going with Silver Mt Zion's "He has left us alone but shafts of light sometimes grace the corner of our rooms".

Will take a wee bit of divine intervention tomorrow.

Being stuck on 60s/70s music and guitar bands I regret to say that I don't know Silver Mt Zion but will happily take divine aid and look for them on I Tunes etc. Nerves building here.

16 hours ago, Passionate said:

After Tuesdays game we were left with Simple Minds hopefully we are still 'Alive and Kicking'' in the tie and you never know maybe 'Promised you a miracle' will be apt at Fulltime..

Now I did recognise this group. I'll go for Springsteen and better days are shining through.

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Thank you! Given how tight our games have been over the piece it would be quite nice to not have to play you again for a season at least 😂 hopefully we can do it and you can get up next season/consign Falkirk to another season in the third tier. You’ll be in the Championship sooner rather than later. 

3 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Thanks for that, to be fair  against Cove if it had been a boxing match I think it would have been stopped in your favour, we seem to find a way to win, so you can be assured we will give  it our best shot, 

Testimony to Airdrie for the run of form towards the business end of the season and never say die attitude. One more big push required tonight and it end in elation

I hope that’s a 4-4-2 with Kerr in the middle and O’Reilly and Robert out wide. A 3-5-2 with Robert and O’Reilly in the middle would be mental but I wouldn’t put it past Murray. Still not convinced at all by Jack McKay upfront. 

That team Murray has put out tonight is an absolute shambles. Wingers at centre mid and O’Reilly somehow getting a game after doing nothing but chase his shadow on Tuesday night. That big diddy Jack McKay upfront who has no discernible footballing ability. And a big haddy, meat and potatoes centre-half in Sean Crighton at right-back. I know we have injuries but there’s literally no reason to be putting out such a fucking mess. There’s two centre mids and a better forward than Jack McKay on the bench and about 5 players in the squad who can play right-back. 

9 minutes ago, third lanark said:

The problem has been largely to do with the number of games Airdrie has played unfortunately.  To many knackered legs - would likely have been the same if cove had got through or even if we had just made the playoffs

Injuries haven't helped Carrick is a huge miss for us but the ball isn't sticking with the strikers and delivery into the box is woeful.   Few weeks ago Thomas robert was having a trial at celtic and scince he's done nothing.

11 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

Injuries haven't helped Carrick is a huge miss for us but the ball isn't sticking with the strikers and delivery into the box is woeful.   Few weeks ago Thomas robert was having a trial at celtic and scince he's done nothing.

Sounds maybe like some of it has went to Roberts head a bit.  I thought I had read somewhere he had signed a pre contract with Livi but was possibly just a rumour.  Regardless of tonight’s result they have been a really good team Airdrie this season- certainly gave us and the rest of league one some very hard games 

👎

Not sure what the plans are for next season, but

- I don't want to see J McKay in an Airdrie strip ever again, he is never a footballer.
- Midfield needs sorted urgently, as it did prior to this season.
- We need a winning team and manager, not a "good enough" team and manager

5 minutes ago, G_H said:

👎

Not sure what the plans are for next season, but

- I don't want to see J McKay in an Airdrie strip ever again, he is never a footballer.
- Midfield needs sorted urgently, as it did prior to this season.
- We need a winning team and manager, not a "good enough" team and manager

Who put him there?? 

Injuries haven't helped, and I doubt very much we'd have won anyway, but that team that Murray put out tonight was a shambles, and the one on Tuesday wasn't much better. There is no structure whatsoever - in part because guys are being asked to play positions they aren't comfortable in. We deserved to lose that game by about 6 or 7 goals, that's not just down to a few injuries or players being tired.

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Sounds maybe like some of it has went to Roberts head a bit.  I thought I had read somewhere he had signed a pre contract with Livi but was possibly just a rumour.  Regardless of tonight’s result they have been a really good team Airdrie this season- certainly gave us and the rest of league one some very hard games 

We have had a decent season just blew up at the end.    If robert has signed for livi  no way he's ready to go to the Premier league if he's not an every week starter in league 1.     No complaints though.   Were a good league 1 side just to many games in too short a time.