The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

As for the game tonight, it's another cup final IMO. We want 2nd place and momentum so can't see many changes, if any, unless forced by injury. Would absolutely not be changing the defence to fit Crichton back in. No way. Kerr merits keeping his place and we've kept the ball on the deck far better since, building from the back. 

Falkirk could be anything tonight. We could walk all over them or they could snap and come out fighting for their place in the playoffs. So we need to be on our top game as always just to make sure.

Still, it's a great position to be in given how dodgy things looked a month ago. 

45 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

As for the game tonight, it's another cup final IMO. We want 2nd place and momentum so can't see many changes, if any, unless forced by injury. Would absolutely not be changing the defence to fit Crichton back in. No way. Kerr merits keeping his place and we've kept the ball on the deck far better since, building from the back. 

Falkirk could be anything tonight. We could walk all over them or they could snap and come out fighting for their place in the playoffs. So we need to be on our top game as always just to make sure.

Still, it's a great position to be in given how dodgy things looked a month ago. 

Don't disagree but it might be too many games in quick succession for Kerr after injury but only he will know.

3 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

I think Millar had more of an influence than some people think. 

I vividly remember an away game v Clyde last season, the one we lost when Goodwillie lobbed Hutton, when Millar actually banged the back of the dugout and told Murray to get Pyott on. Minutes later he came on. If that's what happened infront of fans, who knows what happened behind closed doors. 

Wasn't Murray banned for that game? Meaning it was Colin Cameron running the dugout instead? 

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

Wasn't Murray banned for that game? Meaning it was Colin Cameron running the dugout instead? 

Yeah Murray was suspended for that Clyde game, after being sent off at Raith a couple of weeks earlier. 

The most concerning Murray/Millar thing for me was when Millar was clearly giving the half-time team talk against Stenhousemuir earlier this season. The club does seem to be in a better place now, which is the most important thing. Hopefully we continue that tonight.

We generally seem to struggle against the big full-time teams in this league (Livingston, Raith Rovers, Ayr United, Partick Thistle) so I love how much we seem to have Falkirk's number. Beating them is always great fun isn't it?

Given that this time five weeks ago we'd just lost 2-0 up at Cove and put in a terrible performance, it's remarkable we're now heading up there on Saturday after finishing above them and only two points off top. I've said it before but fair play to Ian Murray and the team, a phenomenal bunch of lads over the last five weeks. Really important it doesn't end here though, two very tough games coming up but no reason we shouldn't be confident going into it. I'm already buzzing for Saturday, it's a real shame we can't be there but given our play-off record maybe no fans might actually work in our favour. 

Tonight wasn't the best performance, there was definitely an end of season feel at times, but we were comfortably the better team and deserved those goals at the end. Really pleased for Thomson and Turner getting the goals. Both have played their part in our recent turnaround, Thomson setting up the winner at Dumbarton and Turner being the GOAT, delighted for Turner especially getting a well deserved first goal. Hopefully the first of many

Genuinely haven't stopped laughing since Thomson's shot hit the back of the net. Could not have scripted it better what with the goal coming at more or less the same time that Montrose scored their third. Lovely stuff, as Shakin' Stevens once said. 

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

We generally seem to struggle against the big full-time teams in this league (Livingston, Raith Rovers, Ayr United, Partick Thistle) so I love how much we seem to have Falkirk's number. Beating them is always great fun isn't it?

Given that this time five weeks ago we'd just lost 2-0 up at Cove and put in a terrible performance, it's remarkable we're now heading up there on Saturday after finishing above them and only two points off top. I've said it before but fair play to Ian Murray and the team, a phenomenal bunch of lads over the last five weeks. Really important it doesn't end here though, two very tough games coming up but no reason we shouldn't be confident going into it. I'm already buzzing for Saturday, it's a real shame we can't be there but given our play-off record maybe no fans might actually work in our favour. 

Tonight wasn't the best performance, there was definitely an end of season feel at times, but we were comfortably the better team and deserved those goals at the end. Really pleased for Thomson and Turner getting the goals. Both have played their part in our recent turnaround, Thomson setting up the winner at Dumbarton and Turner being the GOAT, delighted for Turner especially getting a well deserved first goal. Hopefully the first of many

only one fan wanted to win that match and it wasn't Falkirk. 😜.

Murray was driving them on to win the game with 5 minutes to go,    thought our short passing and possession football was decent throughout,    2 difficult games coming up against a very good Cove side...

3 points off winning the league. Shows the importance of being focused and motivated for every game instead of eating soft defeats.

Looking forward to the playoffs, a bit of excitement to end the season!

3 points off winning the league. Shows the importance of being focused and motivated for every game instead of eating soft defeats.
Looking forward to the playoffs, a bit of excitement to end the season!

Makes you think back to the shot the other week against Thistle that hit the post. So close to actually winning it.

second place finish, more wins recorded than anyone else in the league, two points off the champions and going into the playoffs with momentum. 

As unlikely as it seemed at times, this has been a very good season from the team. Credit to Ian Murray and everyone on and off the park. This was meant to be a two horse race between Thistle and Falkirk, with Cove fancied as the only likely dark horse. The form since the defeat at Cove has been absolutely sensational. 

This playoff semi final is going to be really, really tricky. Get through that tie and I think we'll go on and do it. 

I’m desperately trying not to get too carried away as there’s two possibly four really difficult games coming up. But I can’t wipe this smug grin off my face for love nor money this morning. Couldn’t believe how bad Falkirk were. First time I can remember playing them in 30+ years when I had no worries about facing them. Anyway well done to IM, the players and everyone involved I never expected this two months ago never mind start of the season. Can I be first to say Murray must stay!!

Does anybody know if you can purchase the game but watch it later rather than live? I have a prior commitment on Saturday but would obviously like to watch the game if at all possible. If not I'll take a bootleg recording of someone's laptop off their phone please. 

Thanks! 

The outcome of the next 2 - 4 games is difficult to predict but credit is due to the team for reaching this point and giving ourselves the best possible platform to go on and succeed, rather than our usual scraping into the playoff with a whimper.

41 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Does anybody know if you can purchase the game but watch it later rather than live? I have a prior commitment on Saturday but would obviously like to watch the game if at all possible. If not I'll take a bootleg recording of someone's laptop off their phone please. 

Thanks! 

I'm sure that's supposed to be possible, yes, but I've never had to do it again. Might be worth checking with Cove and seeing what they say?