The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

9 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

I stand corrected I was indeed referring to PH, who I am not aware of having any direct communication with the fans for a long, long time. Good that you pedantically picked me up on that small error but ignored all of the other, far more pertinent points. Whataboutery in action.

In your defence its hard to see the game at times never mind who is watching, 

16 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

Whataboutery 👍superb♦️

Speaking of literally the dictionary definition of whataboutery, what's your big news? Who's your big source? Not to throw about modern internet terminology too much but what's with the message board version of clickbait? Reason I ask is because on the surface your earlier posts look like attention seeking as they haven't been followed up with anything?

23 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I heard steve archibald is coming back with fernandez, calderon, sanjuan and broto in tow

I heard that Lionel Messi is disenchanted with money and success and has applied for a player/reserve team coach job with us. Cast iron source, the uncle of one of our YTS boys that my brother works with. Guaranteed. Apparently it's his life's ambition to work under maverick team selector Ian Murray.

Edited by cb_diamond

The big plan to get us out of league 1 is that the leagues are going to be reconstructed next year with the Championship and League 1 combined as a 20 team league to be known as the  "super seaside" league.  League 2 and the 5 top teams from the highland league and lowland league will be combined as the "Super Diddy League" 

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

I heard that Lionel Messi is disenchanted with money and success and has applied for a player/reserve team coach job with us. Cast iron source, the uncle of one of our YTS boys that my brother works with. Guaranteed. Apparently it's his life's ambition to work under maverick team selector Ian Murray.

My source is better than your source.  I have on very good authority Messi has been sent back as we tried to play him as center back and he got no wee man maybe next year.  

Edited by Ballboy

3 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Speaking of literally the dictionary definition of whataboutery, what's your big news? Who's your big source? Not to throw about modern internet terminology too much but what's with the message board version of clickbait? Reason I ask is because on the surface your earlier posts look like attention seeking as they haven't been followed up with anything?

My post was of a general chat I get enough attention without seeking attention from what is a football chat for people to give thier opinions. I read many posts on here that I nether agree with or like but I have the decency to respect people's right to free speech and never make matters personal I am sadden the one or two have such a problem with my post that said I can tell you who I am but my friends and sources will remain confidential so if you want to continue with your issue with me thats no problem ♦️

Edited by Eric the half a b

2 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

My post was of a general chat I get enough attention without seeking attention from what is a football chat for people to give thier opinions. I read many posts on here that I nether agree with or like but I have the decency to respect people's right to free speech and never make matters personal I am sadden the one or two have such a problem with my post that said I can tell you who I am but my friends and sources will remain confidential so if you want to continue with your issue with me thats no problem ♦️

Would not give it another thought, sometimes if you say what you feel it does not go down  well with a few on here, 

2 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

I don't have a shred of interest in who you are. I also have no problem with you. My point is simple. ITK posting is one of the biggest scourges of these types of forums, your post earlier is one of the most blatant examples of this type of crappy posting. I'll take your point that it wasn't attention seeking, however, will also repeat my point that that was exactly what it looks like. You know something we don't, you won't say what it is and its from a source you won't name and want to let us all know this. Surely you see how it looks.

2 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Nice ignoring of the main points again Eric 👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not ignoring anything never ignore anyone I made a comment on a chat obviously this is not to some folks likes thats not a problem with me I am extremely comfortable in my knowledge.

Anyway I shall refrain from further comment and look forward to tonight's game hoping for a victory to cheer us all up ♦️

14 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Not ignoring anything never ignore anyone I made a comment on a chat obviously this is not to some folks likes thats not a problem with me I am extremely comfortable in my knowledge.

Anyway I shall refrain from further comment and look forward to tonight's game hoping for a victory to cheer us all up ♦️

Jesus. The points so far over your head here it's embedded in the ceiling. By all means comment away but if you could refrain from juvenile and cringeworthy "I know something you don't know" garbage that would be just super Eric!!

It’s remarkable that in a team that changes week-to-week Jack McKay is the one constant*. Even for Murray it’s baffling. He must see that we’re noticeably better whenever he gets taken off? I don’t see any benefit to playing him or what the cost would be of leaving him out. Should not be getting a game ahead of any of Robert, Connell, Roy, Carrick, O’Reilly or even Walker. 

*I know Paul plays every week too but at least I know what value and attributes he brings to the team. Jack adds nothing going forward or at the back.