The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

13 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Back to usual, play offs  not with this man in charge  

Clearly we aren't making the playoffs at this point.

When the split comes and we end up in the bottom half, surely a change of manager at that point would allow whoever comes in to work out who they want to keep, although I don't have much hope for them considering the teamsheet appears to be dictated by the McKay family.

Usual inconsistent pish from Murray’s Airdrie. It’s never going to change until the manager changes. 

I’m really not sure the manager is necessarily the whole problem. If he’s being dictated to who he has to play he’s pissing into the wind. Still don’t understand his tactics, game plan or constant positional changing but he appears to be working with his hands tied behind his back.
If there is no pressure being put on him regards team selection and who to pick them he’s an idiot and needs to go.

6 minutes ago, 2lgm said:

I’m really not sure the manager is necessarily the whole problem. If he’s being dictated to who he has to play he’s pissing into the wind. Still don’t understand his tactics, game plan or constant positional changing but he appears to be working with his hands tied behind his back.
If there is no pressure being put on him regards team selection and who to pick them he’s an idiot and needs to go.

The squad is a train wreck,, we have got bits and pieces all over the park,  I think there is a lot more going on behind the behind the scenes than we know about, and I am not talking about the mckays,  or to put it a different way I think the club will be glad when a few contracts a re up.

45 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Clown car defending from Crighton. 

I mentioned this after the sending off a couple of weeks ago but he’s been a liability at times this season and is probably one of the reasons why we’ve been much worse defensively this year. Fordyce and Kerr were very solid in the few games they played together last year, would be pretty happy with them as the starting centre backs next season assuming we’re still in this league. 

I dont really want to slag murray and call for his head. It is clear that he is being told to pick 9 players with the other two picked for him. It is impossible for any manager to succeed with that even more so when the players are absolute pish. He will get sacked but its a shit situation to be in

Just now, Aufc said:

I dont really want to slag murray and call for his head. It is clear that he is being told to pick 9 players with the other two picked for him. It is impossible for any manager to succeed with that even more so when the players are absolute pish. He will get sacked but its a shit situation to be in

They have had a go but how many attempts at goal wildly over ♦️

We could have done with the 3 points but in the context of being two goals down and, NEVER coming back from behind, that's a cracking result. A bit concerned it took an absolute howler from their goalkeeper but I'll take it and it makes up for Crighton's howler in the first half (well done to the big man). Despite falling down to 6th we're in a decent enough position going into the final two games. That last game against East Fife is going to be a shootout for the final top 5 spot isn't it? 

Edited by airdrieman

4 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

We could have done with the 3 points but in the context of being two goals down and, NEVER coming back from behind, that's a cracking result. A bit concerned it took an absolute howler from their goalkeeper but I'll take it and it makes up for Crighton's howler in the first half (well done to the big man). Despite falling down to 6th we're in a decent enough position going into the final two games. That last game against East Fife is going to be a shootout for the final top 5 spot isn't it? 

For all our problems we were the better team today and was edge of seat have to say it was good to see a bit of fight and more than deserved point ♦️

49 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Another Airdrie mystery on team selection. 

17 attempts at goal 3 on target ♦️

It's that bit of class in front of goal  that's missing, If Murray is being told who to play, more fool him, a point today keeps us in touch, but please Mr Murray play your best team, 

23 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

It's that bit of class in front of goal  that's missing, If Murray is being told who to play, more fool him, a point today keeps us in touch, but please Mr Murray play your best team, 

Give it a rest ffs,    of course he is picking his own team,  Millar is away now.....   It's Murray's team and his subs that are changing the games in our favour..    Today's draw was massive especially after the Falkirk game,   we now have a decent chance of top 5,   different type of pressure on the manager and players now..... We are not great against teams that come to Airdrie and 'sit in'..       You never know Murray could pull this out the bag and earn himself a new deal..

1 hour ago, Eric the half a b said:

Another Airdrie mystery on team selection. 

17 attempts at goal 3 on target ♦️

I am still puzzled about that line up but thought we did dominate the 2nd half and those stats sa y a lot about how many slashed shots we had in that half. all wildly thumped over the bar. The one great strike we had was a goal till Lennox blocked it-so it was apt that he had that howler at the end. I was glad we got a point obviously as it still keeps us in that chase, but as Bradley often says: You're a better player than that. This does not apply to Jack McKay who appeared to be there just to keep Steeves out of attacking. The real puzzle for me was dropping Ritchie to shoe in Dale in Midfield, but then give O'Reilly this weird back up role to a front two. It was only late on that he got on to the wing, along with Thomson: I don't fault the player but it was weird.  Thought Gallagher worked really hard and assuming he scored the goal, it could see him more confident. All to play for now as the top four positions are in the balance for many clubs. Could we do a Brechin and finish 4th/draw every game/ and go up on penalties! ( Not if it then produces what happened to them)  Had a smashing Curry takeaway and a haircut today-life is good so far.

I thought the lineup today was fine...apart from Jack McKay. He’s apparently a striker (but let’s be honest, he’s not) and he’s certainly not a RB or RM - he just offers nothing. I’m not going to pretend to know anything going on behind the scenes - largely because I don’t - but there’s something fishy about it, given how poor he is and the fact he has started ahead of Thomson, Carrick, Robert, Connell, et al since the restart. We have better options at RM and for me, Thomson needs to start in place of him on Tuesday.

Again, I think Murray and the players deserve credit for that result today - the first half was fairly even, but we were undone by a quality finish and a freak mistake at the back. The attitude to battle away and fight back from 2 goals down was first class though and I felt we knocked the ball around well in the second half too and were more than deserving of the draw.

We still have such a good chance to make the top 4 - given we have home games against the bottom side in the league and one of our promotion playoff contenders. I just hope we maintain the form of the past week and seize the chance.

Moving forward, and I’d alluded to this a couple of weeks ago, I’ve seen enough from the manager lately that I’d like to see him given the chance to build his squad in the summer and take us forward. There are a lot of ifs, buts and maybes, but I still think we’ve got a good core squad there (especially if we remain in League 1) and with some shrewd summer recruitment, we could be a good outfit next year.

22 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Presumably if we beat Forfar and as they have no game we go above them  with 26 to their 24. They then play Peterhead at Methil and a home win takes them back above us.  In that situation it looks like winner takes all for top 5 place  as only a win would keep Peterhead in it.  But Montrose have Thistle (A) and Cove (H), whilst Cove have Falkirk at home and Montrose away. it's all in the hands of the bravest team/manager. Thistle of course have three games, one I cant remember and finally Clyde (H) and Dumbarton (A) so I think they will be in top 4. 

Edited by Chapelhall chap