The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

10 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Crighton and Turner missing to suspension and Paton to injury didn't help Airdrie but I thought you'd offer a bit more. The reverse fixture you had a bit more belief and desire. Perhaps an off night. Far too good a squad to be looking downwards.

Agree your midfield were missing and defense looked a bit like strangers at times.

Good luck against Dumbarton on Thursday night

You have a good side best of luck ♦️

26 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Does anyone know the chances or Murray actually leaving ? 

I'd be up for starting a whip around to buy out his contract! Utterly spineless performance in the last 3 games. Surely the board know his times up ?

With your billions?👏

The last three games were no surprise in my opinion. Unfortunate at Peterhead with the sending off but Partick and Cove entirely predictable. Cove and Partick have got far better players for a reason, they pay more. Look at tonight and the threat coming from the bench for Cove, we can't compete with that.

What really disappoints me is that we are the most impotent side for many a year. We constantly fail to threaten or hurt sides due to a lack of quality in forward areas. We never look like a threat and rely on second ball from set pieces. The whole team appears disjointed and devoid of a clear plan...this is Murray's to own. Rarely in fifty years have i seen a side so lacking in direction or potency.

48 minutes ago, Diamond10 said:

Times really Up for Murray sadly . Missing out on the playoffs is now almost a certainty in my opinion and regardless of circumstances that is totally unacceptable 

That's exactly it for me. Obviously, we all want out of League 1 ASAP, and if you have the right structure on and off the park, there's no reason why we or any other team can't. But I could accept aiming to stay up and/or mid-table mediocrity if our budget and infrastructure was much less than the other sides in this league. But it isn't. We're (unbelievably) partly full-time! 7th in the third tier is the club's worst ever finish in Stevie Findlay's first season. But at least there were extenuating circumstances. No such excuses this year and our current position is completely unacceptable and untenable. 

1 hour ago, Old Diamond said:

Someone posted a few days ago that there were serious problems behind the scenes at the club. Last three results suggest that is true and now the teams performance us being badly affected. Time we knew what was going on.

Yes think it was Ayr Diamond .....his posts are usually spot on.

21 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

Why the drastic change since the return? I know things weren’t exactly rosey before but we look miles off it... what’s changed? Not looking good.. 

I'm not convinced there has been. For some reason Clyde seem to roll over when we play them, if you take those results out I'd struggle to name you one genuinely good performance this season. I didn't see the away match to Forfar but I assume from the score it was a good performance, Falkirk away too perhaps, although that was a bit of a smash and grab job. Other than that it's been dire for the whole season in the league and cups.

Have no idea with Murray’s tactics... I can understand him putting McKay to cb but when Paton gets injured in the warm up he should have brought Mbayo in and moved McKay forward one. Sabatini is not got enough nor have the presence to be the only recognised midfielder playing in midfeild in our starting 11. I get that his ideal 3 would be something like Paton, Turner, Kerr but after that there’s not much else on offer.

People can only guess what is going on behind the scenes BUT another loss or even a draw tomorrow night must be addressed. We are in publicly back the manager now or sack him territory . You need someone that is the public face to front up to this stuff, like SM used to do - you cannot take money from the fans for streams, merchandise, the lottery and season tickets and hide away. They’re accountable here and fans need to hear something. You have to fill the silence or others will do it for you. 

19 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

People can only guess what is going on behind the scenes BUT another loss or even a draw tomorrow night must be addressed. We are in publicly back the manager now or sack him territory . You need someone that is the public face to front up to this stuff, like SM used to do - you cannot take money from the fans for streams, merchandise, the lottery and season tickets and hide away. They’re accountable here and fans need to hear something. You have to fill the silence or others will do it for you. 

Wholeheartedly agree. With the games coming thick and fast and our lack of structure around Murray it's a difficult situation - it's not like we can bin the manager and appoint his assistant as caretaker!

That said we're the only team in the division with 0 points from 9 since the restart, we're all over the shop defensively (you don't tend to win games if you concede 2 and we've done that 8 times in 18 this season) and aren't scoring enough goals. We've also only kept the same starting eleven back-to-back once all season and I'd expect that to continue with Crighton/Turner returning.

I've generally backed the manager, I think he's been dealt a difficult hand since the start of last season for various reasons and now looks very isolated with a team that doesn't seem to be his own - but he's got a hell of a job on his hands now. A win tomorrow is a must.

36 minutes ago, TheBuckfastTriangle said:

Wholeheartedly agree. With the games coming thick and fast and our lack of structure around Murray it's a difficult situation - it's not like we can bin the manager and appoint his assistant as caretaker!

That said we're the only team in the division with 0 points from 9 since the restart, we're all over the shop defensively (you don't tend to win games if you concede 2 and we've done that 8 times in 18 this season) and aren't scoring enough goals. We've also only kept the same starting eleven back-to-back once all season and I'd expect that to continue with Crighton/Turner returning.

I've generally backed the manager, I think he's been dealt a difficult hand since the start of last season for various reasons and now looks very isolated with a team that doesn't seem to be his own - but he's got a hell of a job on his hands now. A win tomorrow is a must.

I struggle sometimes (and this isn't aimed at you) to understand this idea that the team is not his own, probably down to the lack of transparency over how things have been carried out with agents etc.

He's been here long enough and the core of what we have is about 2/3 seasons old now and some pre-date him. He should have had a good basic structure and style of playing that we can identify and that we just needed to add some quality to and we simply don't - unless you count blootering it over midfield, long throws, half-time team talks that turn us into a liability and panicked substitutions after we go a goal down..

Overall that core we had are just not performing and those brought in not good enough and others appear to be undroppable. I don't care how well you train, you must do the job on a Saturday or make way. And the manager has to be able to get the best out them and I don't think he's capable of it. Undecided on tomorrow night. Don't think I can stomach it.

Edited by She who dares gins

52 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

I struggle sometimes (and this isn't aimed at you) to understand this idea that the team is not his own, probably down to the lack of transparency over how things have been carried out with agents etc.

He's been here long enough and the core of what we have is about 2/3 seasons old now and some pre-date him. He should have had a good basic structure and style of playing that we can identify and that we just needed to add some quality to and we simply don't - unless you count blootering it over midfield, long throws, half-time team talks that turn us into a liability and panicked substitutions after we go a goal down..

Overall that core we had are just not performing and those brought in not good enough and others appear to be undroppable. I don't care how well you train, you must do the job on a Saturday or make way. And the manager has to be able to get the best out them and I don't think he's capable of it. Undecided on tomorrow night. Don't think I can stomach it.

Miller had taken control signings were ether Miller or the agent to be fare to the manager there were issues behind the scene with Miller. 

Coaching again Miller got himself involved to much in this also but I look at Leon McCann last night he seems to have gone backwards the team selection and substitutions are questionable at best and regardless of the reasons I dint understand playing Thompson get nothing back Carrick is too deep up front you don't no who will start buts sadly it's the lack of teamwork to work hard for your team that gets me total powder puff from to many. 

This is same as last couple seasons I in top 3 go on loosing run then pick up and loose out on playoffs by 3 or 4 points and I expect they will go out and win tomorrow ♦️