The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

4 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

As much as Turner sold the jerseys I think we missed Kerr big time in there, looked a bit all over the shop.

Predictable scoreline and performance ,  team lacks character .

Note....  I thought Max Currie had his best day as a diamond kept us in it early in second half,  another player with a lot of hype who has been pretty average since we signed him.

This will please a few on here Jack MacKay was probably our best p!ayer today bags of energy and seemed interested could be a good signing...

Difficult one to judge as obviously the red card/absence of Turner/playing virtually the whole match with ten men had a huge bearing on the outcome. But... it was apparent that all of our usual shortcomings are still very much present. Peterhead were there for the taking and I can't help but feel a better team than us and a team who ultimately goes on to win promotion would have managed that game better and seen out a result, even a point. We're still completely unable to break down stuffy teams, change a game or come from behind and have no strength in depth at all. As soon as we go a goal behind it's *still* game over and Thomson, Roy and O'Reilly are never going to change that. Would Kyle Turner have made that difference? We'll never know but we shouldn't be relying on a loanee (as good as he is) to make that much of a fundamental difference. Hopefully Robert's injury was just a knock and he'll be back next week. We could be in serious trouble if he's not. 

22 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Predictable scoreline and performance ,  team lacks character .

Note....  I thought Max Currie had his best day as a diamond kept us in it early in second half,  another player with a lot of hype who has been pretty average since we signed him.

This will please a few on here Jack MacKay was probably our best p!ayer today bags of energy and seemed interested could be a good signing...

Aye will fit in fine  as good as any players we have, and he can take a long throw in, not easy going down to 10 men , lucky we came back so fit,never looked as if we could go on and win, sure they had about 3 players more than us, that Scot Brown could do us a turn strong player and a stand out today, 

1 minute ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye will fit in fine  as good as any players we have, and he can take a long throw in, not easy going down to 10 men , lucky we came back so fit,never looked as if we could go on and win, sure they had about 3 players more than us, that Scot Brown could do us a turn strong player and a stand out today, 

Agree Scott Brown is a talent,  he is the type of midfield player we need, he is Glasgow based as well..

Guest Peter LaFleur
5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Agree Scott Brown is a talent,  he is the type of midfield player we need, he is Glasgow based as well..

We (Falkirk) tried to sign him during the summer but he wanted to stay part time. 

9 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

We (Falkirk) tried to sign him during the summer but he wanted to stay part time. 

I have a funny feeling we will return to part time from next season,  the quality of our Full time player is horrendous

Edited by Passionate
Updated

11 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

While everyone else was out playing football, Paul and Jack McKay must have spent their childhood practicing endless throw-ins. I didn’t watch today’s game but glad that McKay played alright, if he can do a job at right back for the rest of the season then he’ll be a much better signing than any of us expected. 

Agreed on Scott Brown, I liked him last season too and he’s definitely the type of player we could be doing with. The hybrid set-up should be a good fit for players like him so I’d like to see us try and sign him in the summer.

Stupid tackle by Turner that gave the referee a decision to make - a referee that isn't frightened to flash a red card. I can only assume Turner's adrenaline got the better of him.

Backs against the wall from the 4th minute although our shape was good in the 1st half and there was nothing in it really between the teams.  2nd half, Peterhead stepped up the pace and when they went one up, game was a bogie.  Later substitutions reeked of desperation  and whatever shape we had disappeared.

Big game next week against Thistle - no Turner, potentially no Roberts.  Time for a beer......

25 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Stupid tackle by Turner that gave the referee a decision to make - a referee that isn't frightened to flash a red card. I can only assume Turner's adrenaline got the better of him.

Backs against the wall from the 4th minute although our shape was good in the 1st half and there was nothing in it really between the teams.  2nd half, Peterhead stepped up the pace and when they went one up, game was a bogie.  Later substitutions reeked of desperation  and whatever shape we had disappeared.

Big game next week against Thistle - no Turner, potentially no Roberts.  Time for a beer......

Just finished my Curry meal and it delivered it's usual quality. That can't be said for much of our play today and I agree with your analysis. Had Gallagher's shot gone in , who knows what would have happened but the decision to move Carrick into midfield did not really work and he seemed to be injured in one of Peterhead's tidy fouls, Clearly Sabatini is not in Murray's choices and tho O'Reilly was speedy it was always halted.  The Red card let Scott Brown run the show and Peterhead did have a good shape all the way. Never really saw how the goal was conceded but should I watch the "highlight" and the predictable interview--curious to hear Murray addressing the Ref by his first name in industrial language and no caution. I have had my beer as well so on to the Sportscene  show.

7 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Just finished my Curry meal and it delivered it's usual quality. That can't be said for much of our play today and I agree with your analysis. Had Gallagher's shot gone in , who knows what would have happened but the decision to move Carrick into midfield did not really work and he seemed to be injured in one of Peterhead's tidy fouls, Clearly Sabatini is not in Murray's choices and tho O'Reilly was speedy it was always halted.  The Red card let Scott Brown run the show and Peterhead did have a good shape all the way. Never really saw how the goal was conceded but should I watch the "highlight" and the predictable interview--curious to hear Murray addressing the Ref by his first name in industrial language and no caution. I have had my beer as well so on to the Sportscene  show.

Wasn't best stream I've seen Airdrie had best of first half but was game over soon as they scored. Some poor defending didn't think keeper was to clever ether though could be wrong there.

I know long time to play with 10 however as the game and subs went on was hard to see what we were trying to do ♦️

Edited by Eric the half a b

1 minute ago, Eric the half a b said:

Wasn't best stream I've seen Airdrie had best of first half but was game over soon as they scored. Some poor defending didn't think keeper was to clever ether though could be wrong there.

I know long time to play with 10 however as the game and subs went on was hard to see what we were trying to do ♦️

Hi Eric and welcome back to real stuff. The stream was ok but we have been spoiled by some zoom stuff and replays from a few clubs. The commentators were knowledgeable and quite fair.  When we go a goal down we all know what happens but playing with 10 was full of impact. I think we are lightweight once we leave the back3/4. Judging by the reactions on FB I hope Murray stays off social media. Onwards but maybe not upwards. Take care

Hard to judge anything from today with little training taken place, no competitive matches in months and a red card after 3 minutes. Pretty stupid of Turner going in like that but he’ll get another chance and hopefully proves his worth. Think with 11 men we probably would’ve won but not prettily. Wonder if the play more attackers brigade are happy tonight though ? we started with 5 attacking minded players. The positive is we don’t have a cup game this midweek and can get a full weeks training under our belt. 

4 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Hi Eric and welcome back to real stuff. The stream was ok but we have been spoiled by some zoom stuff and replays from a few clubs. The commentators were knowledgeable and quite fair.  When we go a goal down we all know what happens but playing with 10 was full of impact. I think we are lightweight once we leave the back3/4. Judging by the reactions on FB I hope Murray stays off social media. Onwards but maybe not upwards. Take care

Thank you good to see the real stuff back. 

May not have been best day but do miss the football hopefully we can get back in person soon ♦️

1 hour ago, Diamond10 said:

Hard to judge anything from today with little training taken place, no competitive matches in months and a red card after 3 minutes. Pretty stupid of Turner going in like that but he’ll get another chance and hopefully proves his worth. Think with 11 men we probably would’ve won but not prettily. Wonder if the play more attackers brigade are happy tonight though ? we started with 5 attacking minded players. The positive is we don’t have a cup game this midweek and can get a full weeks training under our belt. 

I've been sayin for a long time to play more attackers.    I'm sure the team set up didn't include playing with 10 men for 86 minutes.  I'll admit to being pleased they set up to have a go and the 11 that started should have been strong enough to win.   No matter what formation we started with it didn't matter after 4 mins.