The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Simple finish the 18 H/A  games and then a split of 5/5 to make it 22 with Play Offs Top /Bottom in, seems to be the aim.  But then complicated if the 18 target is not reached for whatever reasons, then they may need to cancel the play offs?  It all seems so conditionally messy but I would take a chance on an 18 One up/One down just to get it done.  Will I enjoy a streaming experience-it will be better than games I don't really care about on Sky etc.  Peterhead A and then Thistle at home seems ok.

1 hour ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

A lot of teams making loan signings, would be nice to see us make 1 or 2. 

Agree, I think we need to freshen up in midfield ,  as you say most teams are making g signings, we cannot afford to be left behind,   does anybody know anymore into on the coaching situation,   we seem to be a qualified coach short in the dugout since Stuart Millar wrapped it..

49 minutes ago, Ayr Diamond said:

Behind the scenes things are not great.

The Stuart Millar resignation showed there are problems,  I would be surprised if it was financial with 200k of handouts plus furltough for half the season,   i get the impression we are just going to limp to end of the season, shut down for as long as possible and come back part time again...  No players are under contract beyond this season apart from Robert who I think will be gone anyway.....

19 minutes ago, Passionate said:

The Stuart Millar resignation showed there are problems,  I would be surprised if it was financial with 200k of handouts plus furltough for half the season,   i get the impression we are just going to limp to end of the season, shut down for as long as possible and come back part time again...  No players are under contract beyond this season apart from Robert who I think will be gone anyway.....

This is what I was speculating and fearing. Or on the other hand, the board could be ruthless and be wanting to completely rebuild next season and go for another approach to get us promoted, which has maybe caused Millar to leave. Time will tell though. But who knows, we might get promoted which would completely change the tone. 

On 10/03/2021 at 18:45, Spanish Armada said:

Yep,everyone is back at airdrie apart from K Mcd because he's got his 10 days isolation to do 

Noticed Kyle McDonald played 90 minutes for Dunfermline today. Genuinely not that fussed if he comes back or not don’t think he’d be a massive miss. The young boy that played right back against cove was decent enough and if he’s a player who’ll be around longer than the end of the season I’d rather go with that. 

I think it would be good to hear from the club we are all financially and emotionally invested in rather than the constant radio silence and second guessing. 

I Have faith in the people who are running the club but some sort of communication about the on and off park situation should be an obvious priority, and we as ever, are massively behind our counterparts. You only have to look as far as other teams social media accounts to see chairman’s and managers comments  while we have nothing from anyone. 

1 hour ago, Diamond10 said:

Noticed Kyle McDonald played 90 minutes for Dunfermline today. Genuinely not that fussed if he comes back or not don’t think he’d be a massive miss. The young boy that played right back against cove was decent enough and if he’s a player who’ll be around longer than the end of the season I’d rather go with that. 

On the plus side Kyle will be match fit, can only be to our advantage, 

1 hour ago, Diamond10 said:

I'm only going by what Murray said 

15 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Talk some power a shite mate 

To be fair to Ayr diamond  he doesn't get much wrong, check his posts out....

i hope he is wrong on this occasion ,  we need transparency especially for season ticket holders and club 1924 members..

12 hours ago, Passionate said:

To be fair to Ayr diamond  he doesn't get much wrong, check his posts out....

i hope he is wrong on this occasion ,  we need transparency especially for season ticket holders and club 1924 members..

Yea he knew things before even folk at the club knew but who exactly is PH gonna fall out with himself?Obvs the club needs money in from Matchdays SM chose to walk away now because he was getting punted in the summer the man refused his wages from January,there's finances there for next season for IM or a new manager maybe AyrDiamond just wants to derail PH because he's not at airdrie anymore 👀

38 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Yea he knew things before even folk at the club knew but who exactly is PH gonna fall out with himself?Obvs the club needs money in from Matchdays SM chose to walk away now because he was getting punted in the summer the man refused his wages from January,there's finances there for next season for IM or a new manager maybe AyrDiamond just wants to derail PH because he's not at airdrie anymore 👀

Unfortunately there is an element in our support who would be quite happy for the club to fail...

Time to focus on the rest of this season and who knows where we could end up...

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Unfortunately there is an element in our support who would be quite happy for the club to fail...

Time to focus on the rest of this season and who knows where we could end up...

Normally what a club does if something big is brewing they get someone at the club to filter it out to test the waters it happens af every club up and down the leagues 

9 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Normally what a club does if something big is brewing they get someone at the club to filter it out to test the waters it happens af every club up and down the leagues 

Other than their height, I wouldn't call signing random McKay family members who can't play football to be "something big"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrie-players-immaculate-condition-prepare-23715016

So it looks like there will be no more additions to the squad. 

Well, to have any chance of winning this league we will have to go on a winning run from Saturday winning near enough all of the remains games ( I am basing this on a 18 game league scenario).  Based on past performances after breaks, we don't usually come out the starting blocks at any speed - we usually trip over our laces and fall on our arses - see Edinburgh City in the Cup after our winning our previous games against Falkirk and Clyde. So, not getting too excited about going on a winning run starting on Saturday - hope I am wrong though.

No, I think play offs (hopefully for promotion...) Is a more realistic target, with us building up some good form before the play offs start to give us  a chance of competing being the target for the team.

Anyway, I now have something to look forward to for the next couple of Saturdays - watching the Diamonds and having a couple of hours away from the wife...