The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Have to be honest, i just closed the browser and went and made dinner with about 20 mins to go.

I'm going to assume that there will be no change in approach to matches as per the usual following an embarrassing defeat.

Absolute shite bag performance today from that shower of pish. f**k all effort. Murray is clueless. He's fucking dreadful. That was predictable and Murray showing his ineptitude once again. He can f**k right off. He can take Millar which him who is clearly getting involved beyond his station and Murray is just a fucking puppet for him. 

I make that the 10th time we’ve lost a home game 1-0 under Ian Murray (Stenhousemuir x2, Forfar, Arbroath, Brechin, Raith Rovers x2, Montrose, Edinburgh City x2), as well as four other games we’ve lost at home without scoring (Forfar, Elgin, Alloa, Dumbarton). It’s really frustrating that the same issues keeping happening over and over again and Murray seems unable to fix it.

2 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Absolute shite bag performance today from that shower of pish. f**k all effort. Murray is clueless. He's fucking dreadful. That was predictable and Murray showing his ineptitude once again. He can f**k right off. He can take Millar which him who is clearly getting involved beyond his station and Murray is just a fucking puppet for him. 

I am surprised you haven't realized this before,Murray is just a patsy,  he is working under a dictatorship with no control over signings, has no backroom team of his own and his hands are tied. That said we should still be beating Edinburgh although to be fair they have outplayed us twice away from home so it isn't a fluke.....

Terrible performance. Not at the races from the word go.  Too slow, midfield non existent, didn't win contest any second balls. Perhaps the players thought they just had to show up today. Well they were shown up today by a well organised Edinburgh City team who had a game plan and who stuck to it.  We had no game plan.  And when you see Sean Crighton playing up top, you know the games a bogey - game wise and tactics wise. Amateur stuff. 

Back to our toothless coward like performance today. No one with pass marks today. Disappointing after two positive results at Falkirk and Clyde to turn in a performance like that. Going forward I think fresh blood is required this January if we have any ambition of making the playoffs.

The only positive I can think of is, as I think I mentioned before, my total apathy towards all domestic cup competitions means it hopefully won’t live long in the memory. League far more important to me.

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

I am surprised you haven't realized this before,Murray is just a patsy,  he is working under a dictatorship with no control over signings, has no backroom team of his own and his hands are tied. That said we should still be beating Edinburgh although to be fair they have outplayed us twice away from home so it isn't a fluke.....

No they are a better team, good working, organised team, the opposite to Airdrie, he has got to go and Millar. With him, no more £12pounds for that shiiiiite

That game was the epitome of Murray's tenure at Airdrie. Turgid, pathetic, inept and a complete inability to break down teams who are organised, sit in and who make things difficult. Especially at home. Can't blame fans for that this season so I wonder what the excuse will be today... The worst thing is Edinburgh City played exactly like that the last time we played them (and did it well both times) but we didn't have a response to them then and we didn't have a response to them again today. That's a glaring failure of the management team. Substitutions were a joke once again. Changes should have been made at half-time, or even in the first-half TBH, but it took them scoring for us to make a desperate triple sub. Nobody had a great game but taking off a striker (Connell) when we're a goal behind? Bringing on O'Reilly instead of Gallagher? And chucking Sean Crighton upfront near the end? All woeful decisions. Hugely concerned about our lack of strength of depth also. Stokes and Thomson are a pair of useless c***s - you'd be as well playing a couple of fans.

Nowhere near good enough today and the worst thing is it was all entirely grimly predictable and par for the course with Murray's Airdrie team(s). 

Tinkerman does it again. Why change a winning team??? Why why why!!!

Only one team wanted this right from the first whistle. Well done Edinburgh City.

i would honestly say that is one of the most gutless performances from an Airdrieonians side I've ever seen'and I've been following them since the late 50's.  It was apparent from early in the first half we would not be at the races today. I lost interest after the first half when we hadn't even worked their keeper. The only good thing that happened was I lost the stream when they scored 😂

How we can change from a team that bosses Clyde and puts in a great performance at Falkirk to that today is beyond me. It's obvious when they start badly  the manager or players haven't a clue how to turn it round. Fans will excuse players for bad results if they show some urgency during the game. Unfortunately that was completely lacking today

Beginning to agree with  many others that Murray and Miller are not the team to take us to the next level.

That was abominable today but by the time I've calmed down I'll probably end up watching the game next week. Glutton for punishment

3 minutes ago, weigh cider said:

Tinkerman does it again. Why change a winning team??? Why why why!!!

Only one team wanted this right from the first whistle. Well done Edinburgh City.

i would honestly say that is one of the most gutless performances from an Airdrieonians side I've ever seen'and I've been following them since the late 50's.  It was apparent from early in the first half we would not be at the races today. I lost interest after the first half when we hadn't even worked their keeper. The only good thing that happened was I lost the stream when they scored 😂

How we can change from a team that bosses Clyde and puts in a great performance at Falkirk to that today is beyond me. It's obvious when they start badly  the manager or players haven't a clue how to turn it round. Fans will excuse players for bad results if they show some urgency during the game. Unfortunately that was completely lacking today

Beginning to agree with  many others that Murray and Miller are not the team to take us to the next level.

That was abominable today but by the time I've calmed down I'll probably end up watching the game next week. Glutton for punishment

I for one have had enough 12 quid to watch that crap yet again at home to a team in the league below putting absolutely no pressure on them the chaps called it on commentary 12 muns gone and we had not put a ball in their box. 

There are no excuses that will cover this far too negative appalling from start to finish. Just wait for the we made 3 Changes and pushed them back for the last 3 minutes ♦️

Cannot understand why arguably the best left back in the league can’t get his game just so Murray can fit his boyfriend McKay into the team. Full team lacks any sort of spine, would happily see the back Thomson, McKay and Kerr, they bring absolutely f**k all to the team

40 minutes ago, Diamond10 said:

Back to our toothless coward like performance today. No one with pass marks today. Disappointing after two positive results at Falkirk and Clyde to turn in a performance like that. Going forward I think fresh blood is required this January if we have any ambition of making the playoffs.

The only positive I can think of is, as I think I mentioned before, my total apathy towards all domestic cup competitions means it hopefully won’t live long in the memory. League far more important to me.

Think a wee cup run would have been nice, can't understand how we beat any team, we are no threat going forward, and no very good at defending , can't understand how Millar and Murray get away  with this kind of performance week in week out, absolutely clueless, 

Losing to the same team (from a league below) twice in a row by a goal to nil really does not show Murray in a positive light. Firstly, why is he playing about with the team? We haven't had a game for 2 weeks and are out the League Cup in a 27 game season, it's not like the players have had a hard schedule. We've had a couple of good results and should have been looking to build on that and see if we could reverse the score against Edinburgh from earlier in the season.

Is it really that hard to just play players in their actual position? McKay was at right back, he can fill in there but that's not his natural position. McDonald at left back, same as McKay. Kerr in midfield, said it before but I'm not having him as a midfielder, he's a defender. Stokes and Carrick both appeared to be playing a central midfield role today, that clearly isn't Carrick's position and from what we were told that isn't Stokes position either. That's half the outfield, it's no wonder we have no structure. The midfield today was a joke, it was as if we didn't have one, but to be fair to the midfielders, none of them are actually midfielders. The teams we lose against may not be world beaters, but the thing they all have in common is a clear structure, players who clearly know their position and the jobs of the players around them. We hardly ever look like that.

The issue of falling apart when we go a goal behind has been obvious for a while. I think that is largely down to lack of experience on the park, we have no idea how to manage a game. But Murray has had long enough on this, and it's happened enough times, to work on a strategy yet we've got worse if anything. I don't think we had a proper effort on goal today, it was dire.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

37 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

That game was the epitome of Murray's tenure at Airdrie. Turgid, pathetic, inept and a complete inability to break down teams who are organised, sit in and who make things difficult. Especially at home. Can't blame fans for that this season so I wonder what the excuse will b

38 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

That game was the epitome of Murray's tenure at Airdrie. Turgid, pathetic, inept and a complete inability to break down teams who are organised, sit in and who make things difficult. Especially at home. Can't blame fans for that this season so I wonder what the excuse will be today... The worst thing is Edinburgh City played exactly like that the last time we played them (and did it well both times) but we didn't have a response to them then and we didn't have a response to them again today. That's a glaring failure of the management team. Substitutions were a joke once again. Changes should have been made at half-time, or even in the first-half TBH, but it took them scoring for us to make a desperate triple sub. Nobody had a great game but taking off a striker (Connell) when we're a goal behind? Bringing on O'Reilly instead of Gallagher? And chucking Sean Crighton upfront near the end? All woeful decisions. Hugely concerned about our lack of strength of depth also. Stokes and Thomson are a pair of useless c***s - you'd be as well playing a couple of fans.

Nowhere near good enough today and the worst thing is it was all entirely grimly predictable and par for the course with Murray's Airdrie team(s). 

39 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

e today... The worst thing is Edinburgh City played exactly like that the last time we played them (and did it well both times) but we didn't have a response to them then and we didn't have a response to them again today. That's a glaring failure of the management team. Substitutions were a joke once again. Changes should have been made at half-time, or even in the first-half TBH, but it took them scoring for us to make a desperate triple sub. Nobody had a great game but taking off a striker (Connell) when we're a goal behind? Bringing on O'Reilly instead of Gallagher? And chucking Sean Crighton upfront near the end? All woeful decisions. Hugely concerned about our lack of strength of depth also. Stokes and Thomson are a pair of useless c***s - you'd be as well playing a couple of fans.

This is 100 percent right,this really should be the end for murray,so so many games like this,he just cannot set a team up properly,this has been the case for the last 2 seasons,enough is enough.