The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

27 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Don't think you can blame Murray for players bei ng unable to pass and move,  we were totally outp!aged by a team who has better players in most positions,  no team likes to play on the back foot, it was Murray's positional changes that changed the flow of the game second half..    😀👐👐👐👐and yes I a m a happy clapper this evening ...

Granted we were better second half, the question being why was Connell left on bench, playing with gal upfront on his own, thought after last week we would have started on front foot, get the ball on the deck, 

7 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Granted we were better second half, the question being why was Connell left on bench, playing with gal upfront on his own, thought after last week we would have started on front foot, get the ball on the deck, 

Gal and Connell weren't 100% fit -thats why.

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

No point going on about first half but the switches in 2nd half entitled us to get back into the game. Kerr seemed to be told to mark Masson which freed up the changes up the park for Walker and let Carrick get on his runs. Connell did make a world of difference while Gallagher was isolated (if fit) . Cove had comfortable players but to turn around that possession figure and score a cracking goal , needs a degree of praise. Tam Rab might well be the type of player we need to break down teams-- but scoring first still is the crux in L1, and we gave Cove a bit too much time on the ball. I would see these two teams as the top four with Falkirk as the one to be reined in.  Methil will test us next week but that's what we all expected on Day1. 

Agree,  East Fire were a side i tipped at the start of the season,  Methil normally I would be happy with a point, the way the league is panning out i think we will need to win to keep in contact with Falkirk, Cove and an improving Thistle.. ...   

Very happy with today’s 2nd half performance, just too bad the ref was a tadger. Was surprisingly impressed with McKay, i’m probably one of his biggest critics but thought he played well today. We still need to work on free kicks and corners because Kerrs set pieces were mince, but canny complain. #TeamTam[emoji815]️

I think today showed us that fourth place is probably a realistic goal this season. I say this as Cove will undoubtedly get better as the season goes on.....they looked tired against Falkirk in the second half last week and the same today. When they realise that the fitness levels have to improve in this league then I think they will be serious challengers to Falkirk. What really confirms their potential for me is that they have players like Rory McAllister on the bench in reserve.

On then to Fife which is well within our capabilities. Murray seems to have engendered a great spirit amongst the team and this was apparent today when a lot of sides would have thrown in the towel at half time.

On another note....This is the third time I have muted the commentary on the stream as it is way out of sync. Surely something can be done before the next home game as I'm sure other viewers are doing the same.

I think today showed us that fourth place is probably a realistic goal this season. I say this as Cove will undoubtedly get better as the season goes on.....they looked tired against Falkirk in the second half last week and the same today. When they realise that the fitness levels have to improve in this league then I think they will be serious challengers to Falkirk. What really confirms their potential for me is that they have players like Rory McAllister on the bench in reserve.
On then to Fife which is well within our capabilities. Murray seems to have engendered a great spirit amongst the team and this was apparent today when a lot of sides would have thrown in the towel at half time.
On another note....This is the third time I have muted the commentary on the stream as it is way out of sync. Surely something can be done before the next home game as I'm sure other viewers are doing the same.

I muted today too. Was about 5 secs behind. I’ve since been told if you log out and back in it resets. Not sure I want to interrupt watching the game tho.

15 hours ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Outplayed, too slow and always 2nd to the ball in the first half agreed. But we were clearly the better side in the 2nd half - we looked hungry, got that 2nd ball and played some decent stuff.  Could have got 3 points if Connell's shot hadnt cracked off the bar/post. Am assuming your DTV link froze at half time based on your comments.

Tinted glasses come to mind, if it had been a boxing match it would have been stopped before half time, that first half was as big a difference I have seen for a long time 

6 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Tinted glasses come to mind, if it had been a boxing match it would have been stopped before half time, that first half was as big a difference I have seen for a long time 

But it’s not. It’s football, it has two half where you can turn around how you’ve played in the first half..

16 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Cove certainly outplayed us in the first half, no question about that, but how many chances did they create?  I missed the first five minutes or so, but I don't remember Currie having an awful lot saves to make.

Must have got I t wrong, blame my phone, another point though I thought Kerr had a good game and Connell when brought on, and I do think our manager makes it harder for us with the way he sets the team and  players out, 

41 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Cove certainly outplayed us in the first half, no question about that, but how many chances did they create?  I missed the first five minutes or so, but I don't remember Currie having an awful lot saves to make.

Bizarrely, I actually thought they created more chances in the 2nd half, they had 2 or 3 great chances to score. They completely dominated the first half but apart from their goal didn't have many opportunities to score.

5 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Your glasses seem to have the opposite effect as you're almost always cynical in your views. We may have been outplayed in the first half but we scored a peach and hit the bar twice in the second half. So Murray deserves credit for getting a reaction out the team as they picked up the tempo and pressed better. A draw was probably a fair result but irrespective of the first half, we could have won it. Connell was struggling with an injury which is why he didn't start. Gall also struggling which is why he went off. We set out the team pretty similar to the last 2 league games where we scored 8 goals and only lost 1. We are unbeaten in 3 games now. So I'd say there's plenty positives to take, given how strong Coves team is. 

4 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Your glasses seem to have the opposite effect as you're almost always cynical in your views. We may have been outplayed in the first half but we scored a peach and hit the bar twice in the second half. So Murray deserves credit for getting a reaction out the team as they picked up the tempo and pressed better. A draw was probably a fair result but irrespective of the first half, we could have won it. Connell was struggling with an injury which is why he didn't start. Gall also struggling which is why he went off. We set out the team pretty similar to the last 2 league games where we scored 8 goals and only lost 1. We are unbeaten in 3 games now. So I'd say there's plenty positives to take, given how strong Coves team is. 

Long my it last then 

Watched the highlights today and Carrick's shot deserved an equaliser , and we did create chances in that half. What seemed apparent yesterday of Cove having so much time and space was even clearer today. So credit to the manager for shifting Kerr and allowing Carrick to back Connell from midfield.  Hitting the bar twice got us nearly there, but they had a couple of headers late on. It was worth it just to hear John O'Brien's "Pick it out". Reasons to be cheerful Part 3, undefeated indeed.