The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

21 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

Fortunately wasn't able to watch did my coupon though. 

Were there any plus points ♦️

When you lose it's hard to see any plus points. I was distracted by the plastic bag tracking camera but I can' t rate that as a plus. We did dominate but so many chances passed up. Can't see me giving Livi that amount for so many reasons.

26 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

When you lose it's hard to see any plus points. I was distracted by the plastic bag tracking camera but I can' t rate that as a plus. We did dominate but so many chances passed up. Can't see me giving Livi that amount for so many reasons.

Hard to justify pretty meaningless game. Seems a bit like we are on the same roundabout in terms of ups and downs  listening to the managers interview could have been one of many from last season. It will be the  Forar and Cove games that are important these will show were we are.♦️

Edited by Eric the half a b

22 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Gallagher and Roy both being out is unfortunate and when they're back the striker situation won't look anywhere near as bad. But I'm not convinced having either of them in would have changed the result if I'm honest. Gallagher has a knack for being in the right place at the right time and that's why a lot of his goals are scrappy and from close range, he knows where to be to give him those easier chances. Might have been different if Gallagher was on but I don't recall any of those types of chances in the game and it's rare he scores goals from outside the 6 yard box (overhead kick vs Clyde and second goal vs Bohemians the only ones I can recall). As for Ally Roy, yes he started well in the friendlies but he seems reliant on using his pace to make runs in behind the defence. Could be lethal on the counter but against teams that camp deep in their own half I'm not sure what he'd achieve. Really poor yesterday, we dominated possession and there were some chances created, but we're maybe too reliant on the ball dropping to someone for a tap in which isn't always going to happen. Robert had two particularly good chances that he should have done a lot better with, but maybe he'll learn from it. I'm just glad it wasn't a league game. Not really caring about Saturday's game anymore and I doubt I'll pay the extravagant £15 fee that Livi are asking for. If we had an outside chance of reaching the next round I'd probably pay it, or if it was £10 like every other league cup game I'd probably pay it even in our current scenario. But £15 is a bit steep for a game that is now a glorified friendly, 

On 12/11/2020 at 19:42, Eric the half a b said:

Hard to justify pretty meaningless game. Seems a bit like we are on the same roundabout in terms of ups and downs  listening to the managers interview could have been one of many from last season. It will be the  Forar and Cove games that are important these will show were we are.♦️

Went off to watch Scotland game and P/B was left alone for the night. I think the Forfar away game is crucial as well. Interviews are always familiar and it took me back to Mark Wilson! !

31 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

If Wednesday's performance and result dampened the spirits in the squad after that really good win against Clyde, a decent result today would surely lift them back up. Obviously the result doesn't really matter for us, but it's all about improving constantly and garnering some momentum.

Been set up for counter attack today with that 3-5-2. Have kept Livi out to a great save by Hutton on their counter attack. Wee half chances and a better final ball would help. Back to watch it

Wont be much but lead to believe any money from this game from the PPV is halved between both clubs.FWItsW.Yous didnt disgrace yourselves today.Really hope Dycie Sean and Dale can make a difference to your season.Their good lads who will give yous a decent chance against the rest.Good luck Diamonds. 👍 

Didn't watch the game but good to see Robert get his first goal at least (and a cracking one by the sounds of it). Someone else had mentioned it during the week but his shooting has been somewhat erratic so the goal will hopefully settle him down a bit. 

Today's game was something of a free hit but still a concern to be leading and then collapse, what appears at least, so shambolically. We're supposed to be difficult to beat but we're not at the moment. 

On reflection I think the first half and that opening goal were a good performance. I am never sure about 3-5-2  but it did it's job until the equaliser. Certainly Forrest has scored these  kind of goals before but we seemed to have two guys not quite blocking his shot. Maybe we relaxed a bit having scored  and the penalty mix up did not help. Their big guy was not really a  threat until we had to open up to try and force an equaliser. Largely caught on counter attack as spaces open up for Devlin especially. They seemed able to ride some of our tackles but I suppose that is the level they play at. Connell got a knock and to see us have Craig Thomson  as our CF was novel to say the least. We did have stuff going into the box but no break back into the game. It's not the worst I have seen from Airdrie at Livingston ( nor Broomfield) but it was kinda predictable. Both Sabatini and Robert put in a shift ( as they all did) which bodes well but we need a big guy up front a la Livi!  On to the real McCoy now-Forfar only lose narrowly to Cove so it will be tough. Much better streaming as well -what a zoom and replay can do. 

Without patrionising i reckon yous have a great chance to go up this season. Play the way yous did for 60 mins against lesser opposition and you will have a genuine opportunitie. Really hope the ex Livi guys do it for you.Havent been in the Sportsmans bar for years. Look forward to going back if it's still there.You can do it Diamonds.🦁

Maybe it’s because I missed the era of the club getting to Scottish cup finals  etc but I honestly couldn’t care less about the cup competitions. An unwelcome distraction from the league where our absolute priority should be. Unless we get a “big team” away which helps financially I have never seen the fascination. If we get papped out relatively early unscathed in regards to injury that’s fine with me. Wouldn’t read too much into the two games we’ve lost this week all will be forgotten if the team that played against Clyde turn up at Forfar next Saturday and get the 3 points. 

Quality won out in the end I suppose but other teams will be watching and see how easy it is to run with the ball along the box and find the net r.e Partick and now Livi.

I know it was £15 pounds for the stream but having seen a few others rather than our own it seems obvious that we went for the 'basic package' and have the resultant poor coverage.

Surely we have now not settled on just following the ball...I for one would pay another pound or two for properly synced commentary, human videography (with zoom) and highlights which add tremendously to the whole experience.