The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Is everyone missing the abysmal defending by Crighton for both goals? We had more than enough half chances to win that game but a top experienced striker scores then and that’s not what we have!

it’s confirmed to me that McKay offers nothing to our team he offered a long throw that Kyle Connell can now do /!; we can beat around the bush all we like but if his da wasn’t involved in the club he wouldn’t be playing, end of!

9 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I've never been a "sack the manager" type supporter, but the problem im having is trying to find a single legitimate reason to continue to think that Murray is the right man for this job. He's been backed financially at every turn and he seems to have a criminal lack of tactical nous for such a "highly rated" manager. I got pelters after the second Albion rovers friendly for saying that I was sick to death of his tinkerman ways. Yet here we are three games into the season and nothing changes. I can accept we are a third rate team nowadays and league one is our level. These clowns that seem to think we should still be mixing it up at the top of the second tier need to reassess their opinions. I can accept that we can't be fully full time. I can accept we have a manager who plays dour football. What I can't and won't accept is that tactical decisions are made out of seemingly misguided stubbornness rather than for the actual betterment of the team. He flogs dead horses and is clearly as stubborn as hell. The sad reality is we are going to do nothing again this season with Murray at the helm. That's already clear. Therefore, it's time for him to go.

The manager had scuccess at Dumbarton with these tactics can remember them hitting us on the break in the play-offs with Mr Prunty up front for them. He used the same tactics with St Mirren and got kicked out has he learned anything since imo no he hasn't all for giving the man a chance and don't think Miller is to cleaver ether but he needs to get his positive head on life is too short not to have a go..... ♦️

Said it from day one when we didn't sign a proven goal scorer that we would struggle. All credit to the boys today however, they did work very hard but at the end of the day we could not hurt Dumbarton due to the number and quality of 'speculative' balls into the forwards. We have been set up as a 'counter puncher' and as said, when the other team scores first we lack the creativity in midfield and goal threat up front to do much about it. Murray will probably say that we 'didn't get the breaks' which means that we did not profit from those percentage balls into the box. Huge disappointment and unfortunately I cannot see room for improvement under Murray.

Why did we not break the bank to get Ryan....   Remember we signed 5 under 20s who will have no chance of getting  anywhere near the team with no reserve football either,crazy signing policy...

No idea either mate i totally agree . we’ve signed a good few players obviously not seen by Murray to be up to starting today. But couldn’t afford Ryan who we all know can make the extra difference in quality. I know what I’d rather ...

Just now, Diamond10 said:

No idea either mate i totally agree . we’ve signed a good few players obviously not seen by Murray to be up to starting today. But couldn’t afford Ryan who we all know can make the extra difference in quality. I know what I’d rather ...

Ryan was offered same money plus a decent signing on fee to go to Stirling allegedly 

1 hour ago, Eric the half a b said:

Is it a surprise really?? Same old hard to beat as last year obviously the management team are not learning it will be another difficult league hang on in there till the final third then push on interview ♦️

But we are not hard to beat, what we are is a  very poor disjointed team, Wedderburn looked good against our lot, we got short of the wrong man in Cameron, 

3 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

But we are not hard to beat, what we are is a  very poor disjointed team, Wedderburn looked good against our lot, we got short of the wrong man in Cameron, 

Your right there is obviously something in the background if Miller signs players to sit on a bench. Rayn struggled up front last season as the manager continued to drop the more attack minded midfielders looks the same this year there is little or no link up play middle to front so long aimless crosses feel for Gal upfront ♦️

No need to add much to the analysis and it was so frustrating today. A solid Dumbarton at the back took almost all of their chances and we had not a scooby about most things. Yes Smith made a great save at 0-1 but somehow we lost goal , a bit like thistle last week, from abysmal defending against one guy. I also had a wee bit of leeway for Murray but that three man subs reeked of panic. We had some good moves but the final ball is dreadful and i can't recollect any pass like the first they scored with. 10% of the season gone and more tinkering to come. Given that Clyde lost to Peterhead then next week will no doubt see more panic.

Think you’re spot on and it seems our director of football has much more of a say than the manager, we needed experienced players but instead we signed unknowns randomly 

Have wondered this myself. If this is the case why would Murray accept not having full say on the team and transfers . not appointing a new assistant would lead you to believe Miller is more hands on this season. Surely Murray would like his own men in place .

8 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Your right there is obviously something in the background if Miller signs players to sit on a bench. Rayn struggled up front last season as the manager continued to drop the more attack minded midfielders looks the same this year there is little or no link up play middle to front so long aimless crosses feel for Gal upfront ♦️

Yes we were the better team  today, it was their manager that had a game plan, and won 3 points for them, 

Dumbarton's striker Jamie Wilson will probably go on to have a fairly good season from what I seen today. I have always had the hope that Airdrie would bring in guys like him who have 'goals in them' as a priority, although it can be a risky.

We brought in Connell on loan and although it is early days we should probably have taken a punt on someone like Wilson having found the net 11 times in 23 games whilst in Australia, and 26 times in 56 appearances for Rothes in the Highland League, seems a better bet than we have at the moment.

Cove Rangers game will certainly give us an idea of how our season is going to pan out.

I genuinely believe that we've signed some good, even exciting players. Thw club raved abiut Robert, Sabatini and Stokes when we signed then, yet they've benches them today. What the actual f**k? 

I reckon other managers could get more from this team. We've signed exciting players who can move the ball about well going forward but have a manager who doesn't know how to employ those tactics. 

The manager had scuccess at Dumbarton with these tactics can remember them hitting us on the break in the play-offs with Mr Prunty up front for them. He used the same tactics with St Mirren and got kicked out has he learned anything since imo no he hasn't all for giving the man a chance and don't think Miller is to cleaver ether but he needs to get his positive head on life is too short not to have a go..... [emoji3532]
Alan Adamson was our manager then, not Ian Murray.

In Ian Murray's first eighteen months we played exciting, attacking football, which took us within a whisker od the promotion play-offs. In his last season, that went out the window and we adopted a much more cautious approach, which in the main, was tedious to watch.

12 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Alan Adamson was our manager then, not Ian Murray.

In Ian Murray's first eighteen months we played exciting, attacking football, which took us within a whisker od the promotion play-offs. In his last season, that went out the window and we adopted a much more cautious approach, which in the main, was tedious to watch.

Thank you I stand corrected thought it was Murray. Just a frustrated diamond fan wishing he would ve a bit more adventurous.