The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

On 14/10/2020 at 09:36, CEMSFC said:

Apologies about some of the audio issues from last night, for some reason the audio on the pitch was only picked up on when my mic was turned on. We'll look into that over the coming days

Shame there wasn’t a cut off in the commentators mics absolutely rotten Sam Gallagher and Paul Kerr ffs 

11 hours ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Of course I want to watch us playing like Archibald's Armada, but as someone who still wakes up in a cold sweat at 3am with vivid memories of us shipping five goals at home to Stenny I will absolutely take "hard to beat" thank you very much. 

Or the infamous debacle of Cliftonhill November 2011....

Carrick was excellent, clever and so effective, but big Fordyce strolled it at the back, dominated everything and scored a lovely header. 

Big man is a colossus. Thistle next week. If they play as shitely as they apparently did today, we could give them a good smack about. 

15 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Good to see the leagues two big clubs get a good start to the campaign. 
Whatever happened to the WHU loanee? Or was that banter/a dodgy rumour? 

15 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Good to see the leagues two big clubs get a good start to the campaign. 
Whatever happened to the WHU loanee? Or was that banter/a dodgy rumour? 

It is good start for the big 2. The WHU striker was frightened he may not get a place on the bench let alone a start thought be easier to get place on WHU bench. 

Pleased with that. Thought the first half was very bitty with a lot of loose and second balls all over the park. Once we got the goal though we never looked like losing. Layne got in amongst it but never really created any chances for himself or others and I thought Crighton and Fordyce dealt with him well. Defence were rock solid as always and cracking goal (from a corner!) for Fordyce. Hope Max Currie packs his reading glasses alongside his gloves. 

We improved in the second half with some nice passages of play. Carrick was a class act as always, Sabatini and Kerr played well once again and thought Gallagher had a terrific game in the lone striker role. Some good hold-up play and lovely touches. Hope he can get off the mark soon. O'Reilly was busy when he came on and it was a shame he never got the chance to run at Conroy the whole game. Another game where we pressed well off the ball. Hope that will be a feature of our play for the duration of the season. I would still like to see a wee bit more guile in the middle of the park, i.e. Stokes and Robert to feature more, but can't complain at all. 

Overall, a really solid and comfortable home win and a clean sheet. It's great to be back (even though it's not quite the same). 

Edited by airdrieman

Very physical game I thought, don't have any complaints, everyone committed themselves well and I think even McKay has found a niche that works well beyond long throw ins.

There's a little spark of being able to beat guys 1 on 1 going forward that still seems to be "almost but not quite", but I suppose it is league 1.

1 down, only 26 to go!

Edited by G_H

59 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Only one disappointment today....... I had a wee bet on 3 0 

That's a pity but I have never really been a gambler. One playlist Q: Who sang the lyrics  "You better you better you bet". in the 80s. No one esle bothered with Deja Vu the last time so just post the answer. Even worse who sang "The Gambler" ? Stay safe

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

That's a pity but I have never really been a gambler. One playlist Q: Who sang the lyrics  "You better you better you bet". in the 80s. No one esle bothered with Deja Vu the last time so just post the answer. Even worse who sang "The Gambler" ? Stay safe

First is a who classic excellent tune the gmbler would be Kenny Rodgers surely.  

This could be an exciting league this season pity no fans in grounds.

1 hour ago, Eric the half a b said:

First is a who classic excellent tune the gmbler would be Kenny Rodgers surely.  

This could be an exciting league this season pity no fans in grounds.

2 out of two for you tonight.  I have a vinyl original of the Who live at Leeds which is surely one of the best live albums ever.  Lets hope we can get back as safe as possible. 

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Why do you ask? You looking for a tap? 

Maybe they have a plumbing problem , or could it be they need a spare jersey for a new player? "Taps aff" weather now gone. There was a long Tom Shields story about "Getting a tap at the bells"  court witness statement about 20 years ago. I leave it to you to work out all the permutations until I look in the loft for the book.