The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

23 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

Any word on if away games will be on DTV?

I believe it's up to the home team to stream games so you'll have to watch it on each individual club's stream though I can't see any club not doing it or not allowing away fans to watch so we should be grand. 

On 03/10/2020 at 15:16, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I personally wouldn't be dropping Sabatini for McKay, imo he is the most composed player on the ball we have, based on what I've seen. McKay does like to get forward and help out which is something neither Kerr or Sabatini do, so definitely food for thought for Murray. A good headache to 

Just maybe we could have given Pyott and Hughes a little game time as they are part of squad and we are in  need of competition up front, 

3 hours ago, airdrieman said:

I believe it's up to the home team to stream games so you'll have to watch it on each individual club's stream though I can't see any club not doing it or not allowing away fans to watch so we should be grand. 

Cheers mate.  

Listening to a couple of peterhead guys commentary will probably need subtitles though. 

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Just maybe we could have given Pyott and Hughes a little game time as they are part of squad and we are in  need of competition up front, 

Yeah I’ve questioned signing Hughes, Burke, Moore etc a few times now given it’s clear they’re very unlikely to ever start this season and I think that showed in the pre-season games. Fair enough Burke and Moore came on a couple of times and are now away out on loan but I don’t think Hughes has played at all despite being on the bench a few times. It would have made sense to give him a chance in one of the Rovers games. I know Pyott was injured at the end of last season so I think he might still be out but I expect him to get a few more opportunities this season.

9 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Yeah I’ve questioned signing Hughes, Burke, Moore etc a few times now given it’s clear they’re very unlikely to ever start this season and I think that showed in the pre-season games. Fair enough Burke and Moore came on a couple of times and are now away out on loan but I don’t think Hughes has played at all despite being on the bench a few times. It would have made sense to give him a chance in one of the Rovers games. I know Pyott was injured at the end of last season so I think he might still be out but I expect him to get a few more opportunities this season.

Thanks, didn't know pyott was injured, I know this league is not the best for blooding  young lads, 

Morton attempting to sign davie hutton today, i believe we're looking for a fee because he's still under contract

If we can get a fee for Hutton we've got to take it imo. We'd need to find another backup but if Currie is going to be our first choice he won't be massively missed and getting a fee for a 35 year old backup goalie is ridiculous at our level. I like him, but I'd drive him to Greenock myself.

3 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

If we can get a fee for Hutton we've got to take it imo. We'd need to find another backup but if Currie is going to be our first choice he won't be massively missed and getting a fee for a 35 year old backup goalie is ridiculous at our level. I like him, but I'd drive him to Greenock myself.

Yeah think it would be pretty difficult to say no to a few grand for a 35 year old, i reckon currie will be first choice anyway, all depending on if hutton would want to go full time.

Yeah think it would be pretty difficult to say no to a few grand for a 35 year old, i reckon currie will be first choice anyway, all depending on if hutton would want to go full time.

Hadn't considered that, Morton would surely need to offer Hutton a few bob to make him go full time at 35 so any deal getting completed would perhaps be unlikely.

47 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

We have a young back up, I think it was said we liked to have 3 keepers, 

https://www.idlehandsduffy.com/post/diamond-watches-airdrieonians-1-0-queens-park

^ Match report from weekend. 

I'll echo a lot of what has been said already; good win in a good final workout against a good team who you'd reckon are better than most of the teams in League 1. They'd be comfortable at worst, probably pushing for playoffs. A lot to be pleased with; worked the ball well at times and were tidy in possession. Moved the fitba' well. 

If we can get a fee for a 35 year old goalie in this climate, that'd be remarkable business. Much as Hutton is rightly well liked, that's money we've no right to be getting. 

34 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

https://www.idlehandsduffy.com/post/diamond-watches-airdrieonians-1-0-queens-park

^ Match report from weekend. 

I'll echo a lot of what has been said already; good win in a good final workout against a good team who you'd reckon are better than most of the teams in League 1. They'd be comfortable at worst, probably pushing for playoffs. A lot to be pleased with; worked the ball well at times and were tidy in possession. Moved the fitba' well. 

If we can get a fee for a 35 year old goalie in this climate, that'd be remarkable business. Much as Hutton is rightly well liked, that's money we've no right to be getting. 

Mental how you’ve not gave Kerr motm but a good read none the less!

4 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

Mental how you’ve not gave Kerr motm but a good read none the less!

He has to be a stick on to start this season. Has had a great pre season and his range of passing is a level above pretty much everyone else.

Edited by cb_diamond