The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

It's hard to moan too much when they haven't had a game for what 7-8 months?

Few decisions I would have liked the players to act differently on or sooner, but nothing dramatic.

Nobody failed, and it was good to see some composure in situations we didn't have it last year, and a bit of fluidity in the 2nd half. Could have created a bit more in the first half perhaps.

Ref was pish, Kelty got about 80% of the decisions their way, and he certainly didn't like Sabatini for some reason, must have been the softest penalty I've seen given this side of the millennium. 

I hope "infinity 21 streaming" are going to mail me some paracetamol after their choppy-vision broadcast.

Edited by G_H

1 hour ago, G_H said:

It's hard to moan too much when they haven't had a game for what 7-8 months?

Few decisions I would have liked the players to act differently on or sooner, but nothing dramatic.

Nobody failed, and it was good to see some composure in situations we didn't have it last year, and a bit of fluidity in the 2nd half. Could have created a bit more in the first half perhaps.

Ref was pish, Kelty got about 80% of the decisions their way, and he certainly didn't like Sabatini for some reason, must have been the softest penalty I've seen given this side of the millennium. 

I hope "infinity 21 streaming" are going to mail me some paracetamol after their choppy-vision broadcast.

I regarded it is a fiver down the drain. Everything froze every 10 seconds and you had to switch it off and on again. I got fed up and left it eventually. Tried is again a few times during the match but still the same.

Goalkeepers:

Hutton-Had one save never really was tested

Currie-Had a great double save was unlucky with the penalty 

Defence:

Mcdonald- Added nothing much going forward but was decent defensively 

Burke-Woeful 

Fordyce- Solid against big Austin,Steady player

Kerr-Had a decent game at the back was even better in midfield with his passing 

Crighton- Experienced head in the second half never really had much to do

McCann- Same as McDonald

Midfield:

Sabatini-Best player on the park for me good feet,Good at winning the ball back decent passing looks a good signing

McKay - Looks stronger and fitter than last season,looks like  he’s improved his technical ability 

Ritchie - Had an alright game couple of decent passes, never offered much

Robert- Class above the rest like sabatini plenty of pace and skill,One to watch for this season

Stokes-Looks a worker,Never really got a chance to show what he’s got because it was a nitty gritty game 

Forwards:

Gallagher-Worked hard,Bit isolated at times and never really got any chances 

Roy- Least said the better 

Thomson-Plenty of pace just lacks that cutting edge 

O’Reilly- See Thomson

Carrick-Had a half Chance in the second half,Works hard never got another chance 

56 minutes ago, waysider said:

I regarded it is a fiver down the drain. Everything froze every 10 seconds and you had to switch it off and on again. I got fed up and left it eventually. Tried is again a few times during the match but still the same.

Shite Wi-Fi? Not a glitch in sight at my end 🤣

You guys look like you'll be good with some match sharpness.

Edited by leomessi1984

13 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Looks like I made a wise decision not to give lowland league comedy villains Kelty any of my cash for their dial up streaming palaver. 

Good workout, we looked better with the quick short pass, but for some reason we played a lot of high ball  to lone striker?? Sabatini looked fit and good for spells, never a pen if it had been the other end no pen, just about sneaked it at the end with Robert free kick, managed to cast it to telly so a good five's worth for me, except the yellow  strip 😜😜

Looks like I made a wise decision not to give lowland league comedy villains Kelty any of my cash for their dial up streaming palaver. 
Don't know what everyone was watching it on, I know they didn't recommend low powered devices, but I used an android tablet with hdmi out port, plugged into the big telly and it was a great feed. No glitches, no buffering and worked absolutely perfectly. IMG-20200919-WA0011.jpeg

Just now, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Don't know what everyone was watching it on, I know they didn't recommend low powered devices, but I used an android tablet with hdmi out port, plugged into the big telly and it was a great feed. No glitches, no buffering and worked absolutely perfectly. IMG-20200919-WA0011.jpeg

Get the pies in. Next time were awe commin round to yours. 🥳🤣

I watched it on my PC and had no problems but I know a few folk on FB etc were struggling as I had that on my laptop ( despite my poor computing skills)

The actual game did let me see some of the new players and Sabatini looked to have the skills to get attacks going, as did Robert in 2nd half. Spanish Armada has done a lot of my work for me so I will settle for a good early run in against a team not far away from L1 soon. I began to wonder who "Fash" was in the commentary and have not kept up with Austin's career. Lots of subs maybe makes it hard to judge. The yellow "outfit" will dazzle a few floodlit nights! It was good to get a relevant Saturday football experience but it still lacks real impact. 

28 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Don't know what everyone was watching it on, I know they didn't recommend low powered devices, but I used an android tablet with hdmi out port, plugged into the big telly and it was a great feed. No glitches, no buffering and worked absolutely perfectly. 

500mb cable internet and a top end gaming pc, should have been fine.

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I watched it on my PC and had no problems but I know a few folk on FB etc were struggling as I had that on my laptop ( despite my poor computing skills)

The actual game did let me see some of the new players and Sabatini looked to have the skills to get attacks going, as did Robert in 2nd half. Spanish Armada has done a lot of my work for me so I will settle for a good early run in against a team not far away from L1 soon. I began to wonder who "Fash" was in the commentary and have not kept up with Austin's career. Lots of subs maybe makes it hard to judge. The yellow "outfit" will dazzle a few floodlit nights! It was good to get a relevant Saturday football experience but it still lacks real impact. 

Kept falling over on my Mac, but I eventually read the instructions and tried  a different channel. Perfect after that.

Struggling to pass comment on performances as I couldn't make out many players Individually because of the funny camera angle and yellow kit.

Recognised wee Easton when he collapsed in a heap for the penalty.

Good workout played at a pace that will do them good.

Couldn't believe the number of familiar names in the Kelty line up.

1 hour ago, Elgindiamond said:

Kept falling over on my Mac, but I eventually read the instructions and tried  a different channel. Perfect after that.

Struggling to pass comment on performances as I couldn't make out many players Individually because of the funny camera angle and yellow kit.

Recognised wee Easton when he collapsed in a heap for the penalty.

Good workout played at a pace that will do them good.

Couldn't believe the number of familiar names in the Kelty line up.

Good to hear that your PC skills are like your football ones. I glanced away at the penalty so I will take you as my source before I see highlights. Lots of ex diamonds- Boyle/Stevenson/Russell  and ex L1 guys.( always liked Cammy-would have kept him) Hope to catch up in person soon.

Scrappy game but that was to be expected with it being their first run-out in months and their first pre-season friendly. Was competitive though and played at a good pace which is exactly what you want from a friendly. No point in over analysing the performance as it's largely meaningless but hopefully the other friendly games will be played in a similar vein and the match sharpness will be there come the real stuff starting. Mbayo injured? 

Must say I never had any problems with the stream but I won't be getting the commentator to read one of my audio books any time soon. 

Who's Jamie Stevenson trying to kid with the bleached blonde hair?