The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

12 hours ago, waysider said:

That is a good question. I emailed the club about it sometime ago and did not get a reply. I sent a reminder and still no reply. I appreciate that there may be some complications to work through but I would have appreciated an acknowledgement but I am not surprised given the club’s track record on communication.

As someone else posted, the club did provide a communication about this in July. Given season ticket details only recently came out, I'd expect an update regarding PPV options to follow prior to the start of the season. It will happen although not sure of the price but I'd imagine there'll be a reasonable demand for it. 

Don’t know how everyone else is feeling but I’d take those league positions and 4th place right now . Tougher league than ever this year imo.

4th place is the bare minimum, we've got largely the same squad as last season and finishing outside the top 4 never felt like much of a danger last season. Fair enough it might be tougher this season, but I would be disappointed and surprised if we don't get at least a playoff this season. Think we're great value at 14/1.

2 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

4th place is the bare minimum, we've got largely the same squad as last season and finishing outside the top 4 never felt like much of a danger last season. Fair enough it might be tougher this season, but I would be disappointed and surprised if we don't get at least a playoff this season. Think we're great value at 14/1.

We need a goal scorer thought that would have been addressed by now, 

4 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

Would like the manager to give an interview of how it’s all going feel like that interaction with the fans is what’s missing!

I'm assuming they were in the advertiser too but there's a couple of short interviews with him about friendlies and next season here, nothing too exciting though.

2 hours ago, Diamond10 said:

Don’t know if it’s been said already or on the Facebook page but looks like we play kelty next Saturday away and you can watch it for a fiver

What are the details on watching for a fiver? I don't see anything on the feeds

6 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Never saw anything in club letter today but i would be interested as long as I can work internet.

It is Kelty Hearts who are streaming the game, watched a bit of there friendly today on there site,  Good quality picture,  5 quid for next week's friendly,   The DTV streaming service will probably be the only way to watch a diamonds game for the foreseeable future,   hopefully when we get going we can get a bit commentary etc, all in all I don't think it will be too bad..

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

It is Kelty Hearts who are streaming the game, watched a bit of there friendly today on there site,  Good quality picture,  5 quid for next week's friendly,   The DTV streaming service will probably be the only way to watch a diamonds game for the foreseeable future,   hopefully when we get going we can get a bit commentary etc, all in all I don't think it will be too bad..

Thanks for info and I suppose giving Kelty some cash is ok. Do you just log on their site etc?

What are the details on watching for a fiver? I don't see anything on the feeds

Think as covered by passionate. This is where I saw the information . Think the website is keltyhearts.tv or something similar . Certainly will be interesting match to see where we are at. IMG_5819.jpg

I'm rarely bothered that much about wins and losses in pre season with performances being more important IMO, however, I hope we absolutely turn over Kelly Hearts for the simple reason that it will make Barry Ferguson miserable on a Saturday night and that would be pleasing.

3 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

I'm rarely bothered that much about wins and losses in pre season with performances being more important IMO, however, I hope we absolutely turn over Kelly Hearts for the simple reason that it will make Barry Ferguson miserable on a Saturday night and that would be pleasing.

I’ve just finished watching highlights of Kelty v Tynecastle on YouTube. Wish I hadn’t. Kelty won 6-1 (including 3 stonewall penalties). Hope we can defend better than Tynecastle.