The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

14 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

West Ham striker will be here for our first friendly, possible against a junior side maybe east Kilbride or Kelty hearts. Or maybe a team from lower division say Clyde  anyway we will need a few games to get team to gel, 

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

You do know Clyde are in the same "lower division" as us 😂?

Brilliant, an absolute Diamond................in all fairness 5 months without fitba, and reading the debacles of the SPFL, we could effectively be playing in the the sevco 2012 fantasy "Atlantic League".............remember that being muted a few years ago!!.....

Yeah that was what was so bizarre about it, EF wearing a white and red kit at bayview instead of black and gold against a team that wears white and red [emoji23]

The deal we have with our sponsors is that in (a full season) the home kit is worn 18 times & the 2nd & 3rd kits 18 times between them. So for every time we wear the home kit away then we wear the away kit at home. Sometimes the ref will make us wear our away kit at home if the away teams kits clash with ours. Simples

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Oh so they are, still no far to travel for some, change to Queens Park then???? 

I can see them hosting queen's park in Airdrie for a game, QP will defo be looking to play higher league opposition since they're full time now and making some right good signings (McHugh, Longridge and now possibly Simon Murray), so it's defo a shout! But I can see the wee rovers gave a game, possibly QP and maybe a lowland league team or 2.

3 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I can see them hosting queen's park in Airdrie for a game, QP will defo be looking to play higher league opposition since they're full time now and making some right good signings (McHugh, Longridge and now possibly Simon Murray), so it's defo a shout! But I can see the wee rovers gave a game, possibly QP and maybe a lowland league team or 2.

Kelty  it is then???? Lot of players on high wages there, 

18 hours ago, Diamond10 said:

Any news on a new assistant thought that would be a priority? Unless prunts is involved in the coaching more now

Would think it would be a priority now,   I think for all games you need a minimum to 2  B Licensed coaches at all times in the bench,  remember the Willie Atchison situation when basically he got the gig because he had a coaching badge to help out Fitzpatrick back in the dark days..    I am sure all is in hand though.......

Any news on a new assistant thought that would be a priority? Unless prunts is involved in the coaching more now

Don’t think there’ll be an assistant to be honest, murray has prunts and james grant behind him. Heard there’s a possibility of millar helping out in training as well now, just to save spending a wage on someone coming in.

How are the Diamonds going to cope financially without paying spectators? Will the club be televising games?

I hate to be a misery, but I think there will be a new lockdown soon, and I doubt things will return to normal until at least March.

1 hour ago, Ralstonite said:

How are the Diamonds going to cope financially without paying spectators? Will the club be televising games?

I hate to be a misery, but I think there will be a new lockdown soon, and I doubt things will return to normal until at least March.

That is a good question. I emailed the club about it sometime ago and did not get a reply. I sent a reminder and still no reply. I appreciate that there may be some complications to work through but I would have appreciated an acknowledgement but I am not surprised given the club’s track record on communication.

From a statement from the 22nd of July:

"The club also has an agreement to implement the new Pixellot technology system at the stadium for the start of the new season. This will also allow the club to broadcast live matches next season to subscribers in the event that crowd restrictions remain in place or to those fans who feel uncomfortable in social spaces with other people due to issues related to COVID-19. The new system will also provide professional coaching solutions to Ian Murray and his staff as well as teams in the local community who will use our facility in future."

Unfortunately there has been no further news on this since then so how close it is to being ready is completely unknown to everyone without insider knowledge, but I would hope the plans remain in place and that we'll updated shortly.

11 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

I think all teams not just Airdrie are going to have a lack of income,  The club are going to be streaming the games, hopefully this will involve online programmes and 50\50 draws etc,   that appears to be the default position, could work as long as 'fan's 'buy into it and obey the streaming rules.....

I don't want to be a misery either but I dont think there will be a lockdown again, and I don't think things will be over by March either,  we have to learn to live with this virus long term....