The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Greetings, you remember Vinnie Moore, former airdrie player at the end of the eighties, he was signed from Clydebank and then went to Stirling Albion, I think he was an offensive central midfielder, could it be?
JmSG seems to do a lot of reminiscing of former diamonds.

Never liked Vinnie Moore as a player or person.

Most recently seen in the press as a millionaire alcoholic with drink driving and other convictions. A "businessman".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/millionaire-tycoon-rescued-wife-after-16836053

12 hours ago, G_H said:

We got a brief mention in a Harry Redknapp related article this morning:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harry-redknapp-kieran-tierney-smoking-22376408

Gordon Parks strikes again. It could be a sign of things to come or it could be tomorrows fish supper wrapping.

2 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Ray Grant released by Clyde. Can't recall any of his performances against us but he's young, plays a position we need to fill and I've heard only good things about him.

IMO if he's been released then he's got something lined up.

Don't think there's any way Clyde wouldn't have wanted to keep him.

4 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Clyde fans seem fairly confident he is on the move to Queens Park. He was definitely a competent player at league 1 level, from what I could tell. 

Seems that way. Seen some suggestions of Queen's Park but I wouldn't be surprised if we've been in contact given that we really need to bring in a few midfielders and he falls into the age bracket of players we tend to sign.

On 19/07/2020 at 13:30, Mybitchunderprotest said:

JmSG seems to do a lot of reminiscing of former diamonds.

Never liked Vinnie Moore as a player or person.

Most recently seen in the press as a millionaire alcoholic with drink driving and other convictions. A "businessman".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/millionaire-tycoon-rescued-wife-after-16836053

The one game I recall seeing Vinnie Moore, in the mid-eighties, he was absolutely outstanding and won the game for us.  It was a 1-0 win against Dumbarton who, iirc, had a very young Owen Coyle playing for them in midfield.  Moore was giving the Dumbarton full back hell but was being kicked out of the game until the ref booked his oppo.  Moore was then free to run at him again and he set up the winning goal by skinning him and then delivering an absolute peach of a cross which was headed home.

Edited by DiamondDownSouth

3 hours ago, DiamondDownSouth said:

The one game I recall seeing Vinnie Moore, in the mid-eighties, he was absolutely outstanding and won the game for us.  It was a 1-0 win against Dumbarton who, iirc, had a very young Owen Coyle playing for them in midfield.  Moore was giving the Dumbarton full back hell but was being kicked out of the game until the ref booked his oppo.  Moore was then free to run at him again and he set up the winning goal by skinning him and then delivering an absolute peach of a cross which was headed home.

I remember a missed penalty in a televised game against Clyde (i think) at Broomfield where he skied it over the bar. Not much else tbh

6 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Ray Grant released by Clyde. Can't recall any of his performances against us but he's young, plays a position we need to fill and I've heard only good things about him.

Although as stated elsewhere he is going to queens,    we are still in need of experienced midfield players that know this league,  This is potentially a brave new dawn with the link up with HR and the McKays. ....  A !it of hype and good feeling abound at the moment,  my main concern is are we going to be getting 17 year old youth players from West Ham to fire us out this league or more experienced campaigners.  The players signed so far are unproven and could all be potential stars although 2 appear to be back ups...  Interesting times , looking forward to the huge developments at the club by a clearly in the know Gordon Parks.

6 hours ago, AB1974 said:

I remember a missed penalty in a televised game against Clyde (i think) at Broomfield where he skied it over the bar. Not much else tbh

Me too, the 'tiser later reported of the mass panic that took place in the Bus Station over a flying spherical projectile descending from on high.

17 minutes ago, JmSG said:

And do you remember what positions Martin Hughes played in?

Your contributions to this thread are, to be blunt, a bit bizarre! You're like the wee question master from the Holy Grail. "What's the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow"?

Edited by cb_diamond