The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

55 minutes ago, Diamond72 said:

For me it has to be the signing of a proven goal scorer(s) in the Declan McManus mould.  I don't see the present strikers being able to provide the threat up front that we need to gain promotion. Gallagher will score his plus ten as always but I don't see Ally or Dale being prolific unfortunately. Just look at the sides over the past few seasons who have been promoted, they have all been able to call on a natural finisher who wins tight games for them i.e Bobby Linn (Arbroath).

The lack of goals from midfielders and defence last season was a major factor in our win ratio in evenly matched games. I would hope that our new midfield signings have goals in them.

The major plus side for me this season is starting with a quality settled defence who will only go on to improve. Just give us more threat up front and I'll be happy.

Agree , we are in a better than most though in the strikers dept, we have reasonable depth and decent enough though,   in all honesty there are not many options out there,  if someone can name me 5 strikers available who can get 15 to 20 goals, you will be doing g well.

30 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

On the facebook page, someone is saying that these are the away and 3rd kit shirts

If so, absolutely tremendous. 

Airdrie away top.jpg

airdrie 3rd kit.jpg

I need to see the red one on something other than a red background before I judge.  Anyone have decent photoshop skills?

8 minutes ago, DiamondJack85 said:

Saw those strips on twitter before, they are design concepts by some site called DesignFootball so not the actual strips.

... And that's why i'm glad I said 'someone is saying'. 

I'd like to take this opportunity to distance myself from this baseless internet rumour. 

Ahem. 

8 hours ago, Passionate said:

Agree , we are in a better than most though in the strikers dept, we have reasonable depth and decent enough though,   in all honesty there are not many options out there,  if someone can name me 5 strikers available who can get 15 to 20 goals, you will be doing g well.

8 hours ago, Passionate said:

Agree , we are in a better than most though in the strikers dept, we have reasonable depth and decent enough though,   in all honesty there are not many options out there,  if someone can name me 5 strikers available who can get 15 to 20 goals, you will be doing g 

The striker we sign will be from south of the border.

A shame about those not being the genuine kits as they would be fucking belters. The actual kits have a lot to live up to now! In saying that I've liked all the efforts of the last few seasons and this year's home kit is a cracker so I'm sure we won't be disappointed. 

3 hours ago, Passionate said:

Will that be part of the West Ham link up,  or a another target all together.

I’ve heard rumours from a couple of folk saying we’re taking a forward on loan from West Ham. The rumour mill seem to have been pretty spot on with our signings so far.

38 minutes ago, Nipper said:

With all the talk about H R and West Ham, I can only think of Laurie Leslie and Sandy Clark as a link between the clubs.

Also Justin Fashanu, Allen McKnight and Tony Weldon.

Frank MacAvenie played a couple of friendlies for Airdrie under MacDonald. 

There has been a couple of others but I can't remember who. 

Greetings, you remember Vinnie Moore, former airdrie player at the end of the eighties, he was signed from Clydebank and then went to Stirling Albion, I think he was an offensive central midfielder, could it be?

We got a brief mention in a Harry Redknapp related article this morning:

Redknapp has been assisting on a player recruitment drive at League One Airdrie that will see some huge developments at the Diamonds in the next few months.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harry-redknapp-kieran-tierney-smoking-22376408