The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

42 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Koudou was Ivorian I'm sure

Ivorian he was.

Always remember he played in that Scottish cup game against Motherwell. That game was the very day of my Mrs 21st birthday. Imagine her surprise when she got took to the stadium before we went out 😂. If I remember right my words were...  "You've got a birthday every year, this derby doesn't happen every year!"

And I was right.

23 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

lol

Scott has always followed Airdrie. I know him from getting buses to games, going back 20+years. 

Good to know he is a fan. I have been rarely on a bus( football) in last 20 years except for that double decker "adventure" to Tynecastle in January and some Tartan Army games at Hampden. I like my playlists tho my fellow travellers don't always agree! 

I thought O’Reilly was quite decent in the few games he played last season but hard to tell how good he is with such a small sample size. Thomson, O’Reilly, Carrick and possibly Robert seem like decent enough options for wide players anyway.

Don't really recall O'Reilly, but good to see the midfield getting fleshed out. 

I reckon there's probably 3 spaces left in the squad to get filled, 2 midfielders and a striker maybe?

20 minutes ago, Passionate said:

That's yourself and Spanish Armada called signings this week that actually happened,,   Hats off etc....

Are we close to any more announcement s.....

Another signing on Monday / Tuesday   defender.

About former airdrie players, I want to ask about Jim "Jolly" Rodger, he was mainly a left-back, correct? ... Can anyone remember if he played on many occasions as a left midfielder or rather was a left-back who joined the attack