The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

40 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Loving that kit!

Not loving Ally Roy resigning. Think people are being way too generous to him. He's an abysmal footballer and a waste of a wage. When you get to near the end of the season and people can do to point out his potential is a good performance in the league cup in August you know you've got any absolute turkey on your hands. Terrible finisher, can't beat a man, positionally suspect, workshy. Awful, awful decision.

Worth it for when he scores the winner in a title decider at Firhill IMO. 

2 hours ago, el Gringo said:

Good to see you're still here - I thought your internet had been turned off!

An Airdrie kit launch isn't complete without your immediate feedback 😂

I initially misunderstood the meaning behind lockdown - I haven’t spoken to anyone from another household since March!

18 hours ago, airdrieman said:

I would assume that apart from Millar, that's probably all of our offers made to last season's squad. We'll, therefore, see the back of Gallacher, Wedderburn, Roberts and Hawkshaw. I think that's sensible as while having a settled team is good, we don't want to sign up to many of a team that ultimately failed to get us promoted (albeit in a shortened season). I think we've signed up the best of our squad and have (presumably) let go players in the positions we can/need to improve in. 

And Eckersley! 

6 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Loving that kit!

Not loving Ally Roy resigning. Think people are being way too generous to him. He's an abysmal footballer and a waste of a wage. When you get to near the end of the season and all people can do to point out his potential is a good performance in the league cup in August you know you've got any absolute turkey on your hands. Terrible finisher, can't beat a man, positionally suspect, workshy. Awful, awful decision.

If your no happy don’t come back simple as we don’t need this kind of negativity at the club it’s Airdrie in league one what do you expect Kenny Black to walk through door after having a bid accepted from Pompey we won’t get right good players until we get out of this league but the guys no pulled the strip on and your already rubbishing him 

21 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

If your no happy don’t come back simple as we don’t need this kind of negativity at the club it’s Airdrie in league one what do you expect Kenny Black to walk through door after having a bid accepted from Pompey we won’t get right good players until we get out of this league but the guys no pulled the strip on and your already rubbishing him 

Hahaha, state of this post, surely a wind up? 

He pulled a strip on most weeks last season and he was garbage for the overwhelming majority of the time. "This kind of negativity"? What saying a pish player is pish? "This kind of negativity"? Not wanting the club to sign up people who were a waste of a wage last year, when the budget will undoubtedly be smaller this season? You've had enough moans and arguments on here over the piece so stick your hypocracy back in it's bag and let people have their own opinions, eh sweetheart?

Edited by cb_diamond

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Hahaha, state of this post, surely a wind up? 

He pulled a strip on most weeks last season and he was garbage for the overwhelming majority of the time. "This kind of negativity"? What saying a pish player is pish? "This kind of negativity"? Not wanting the club to sign up people who were a waste of a wage last year, when the budget will undoubtedly be smaller this season? You've had enough moans and arguments on here over the piece so stick your hypocracy back in it's bag and let people have their own opinions, eh sweetheart?

Ally Roy started the season last season on fire and looked a decent player,obviously they’ve looked at that and said if we can get him to prolong that for half a season we’ve got at least 10 goals guaranteed there’s a player there but he never got a chance next season from what I hear he’s been constantly training from the start of lockdown,it’s a make or break season for Roy but from what I hear it’s a title winning budget we have for next season 

2 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Ally Roy started the season last season on fire and looked a decent player,obviously they’ve looked at that and said if we can get him to prolong that for half a season we’ve got at least 10 goals guaranteed there’s a player there but he never got a chance next season from what I hear he’s been constantly training from the start of lockdown,it’s a make or break season for Roy but from what I hear it’s a title winning budget we have for next season 

You "hear" a lot, but if you think that Ally Roy was on fire at any point last season it's your "seeing" and "understanding" that are the real issues!

Do you actually see what's coming out of you here?

Half a season player?

10 Goals from an attacking player is good stuff?

That's it any way good enough?

Dear oh dear

Edited by cb_diamond

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

You "hear" a lot, but if you think that Ally Roy was on fire at any point last season it's your "seeing" and "understanding" that are the real issues!

Do you actually see what's coming out of you here?

Half a season player?

10 Goals from an attacking player is good stuff?

That's it any way good enough?

Dear oh dear

Ally Roy at the start of the season and during the pre-season looked a real player there but as the season went on his chances got less and less and never really got a run in the team but it you say that he’s shite we’ve all to agree with your op because your a great football manager?Many trophies you won? 

* 10 goals is alright if Carrick and Gall chip in 15-20 each* 

Edited by Spanish Armada

20 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Ally Roy at the start of the season and during the pre-season looked a real player there but as the season went on his chances got less and less and never really got a run in the team

He never look a "player" at any point. The reason he never got a run in the team was due to his consistently terrible performances when he did play. People were very surprised on here that he was even making sub appearances by the end of the season but now he's the shining hope and the quality? If that's the case then the only battle we'll be in this season is a relegation scrap!

21 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Many trophies you won? 

54 including best boy at the BBs and 3rd place in the 50m freestyle at the school's swimming gala! Me= Sir Alex Ferguson, You=  Davie Moyes!

I'll join the roy debate, but I stress, it's only MY OPINION.

I'm very very surprised he was offered a deal and very much agree that it's a make it break season for him. As the season went on, any confidence he had was drained from him, making sub appearances, barely touching the ball and absolutely no heart in challenging for 50/50 balls. If he plays this year and chips in with double figure goals for a 3rd or 4th choice striker then fair enough, but I just don't see him being good enough to be a consistent starter, and reckon the boy will be playing league 2 or lowland league within 3 years.

But again, only my opinion, which I'll happily wipe the egg off my face if he comes in and has a season like Allan Russell when we were told he was no use.

Edited by ++Ammo - Airdrie++
Typo

15 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

He never look a "player" at any point. The reason he never got a run in the team was due to his consistently terrible performances when he did play. People were very surprised on here that he was even making sub appearances by the end of the season but now he's the shining hope and the quality? If that's the case then the only battle we'll be in this season is a relegation scrap!

54 including best boy at the BBs and 3rd place in the 50m freestyle at the school's swimming gala! Me= Sir Alex Ferguson, You=  Davie Moyes!

😂😂right you more Mike Bassett ya c**t 

Happy with the re-signings. Kerr looked as if he was finding his feet and McKay showed glimpses of a good talent. Fine with Roy getting another chance also seems like a confidence thing with him and to be fair never had much of a run in the team . He needs next season to work out as much as we need him so hopefully works in our favour. Pretty confident in player recruitment with miller and Murray don’t think they’ve really done much wrong in terms of players they’ve brought in none stick out as drastically bad - maybe that’s just years of watching dross though [emoji23]. Hope Kieran miller stays and with an increased pool of free agents hopefully we can add one or two quality players.

55 minutes ago, Diamond10 said:

Happy with the re-signings. Kerr looked as if he was finding his feet and McKay showed glimpses of a good talent. Fine with Roy getting another chance also seems like a confidence thing with him and to be fair never had much of a run in the team . He needs next season to work out as much as we need him so hopefully works in our favour. Pretty confident in player recruitment with miller and Murray don’t think they’ve really done much wrong in terms of players they’ve brought in none stick out as drastically bad - maybe that’s just years of watching dross though emoji23.png. Hope Kieran miller stays and with an increased pool of free agents hopefully we can add one or two quality players.

Bring back Singbo and Marco Andreoni