The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

23 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

https://www.airdriefc.com/1920news/200520/Jim-Frame

Former kitman has passed away. Great character and well-respected at the club.

Sad news. I hadn't realised he had been so long-tenured at the club or that he performed a variety of different roles. He was part of the fabric of the club for a long long time and the tributes paid by players and ex players is a testament to his character. RIP and thoughts and condolences to his family, friends and loved ones. 

Just saw on the east fife thread . A fife paper linking us with Aaron Dunsmore the RB we were linked with before. Can’t say I know much about him as a player . Not sure if there’s any truth in it though with Kyle MacDonald signed up let alone the current situation we are in

Callum Smith and Andy Ryan both released by Dunfermline

No secret that we're interested in them. Hopefully we're able to get them snapped up without any other teams tempting them. Fordyce said the other day that this was the best dressing room he'd ever been part of so hopefully those two think likewise and sign for us when normality resumes

No secret that we're interested in them. Hopefully we're able to get them snapped up without any other teams tempting them. Fordyce said the other day that this was the best dressing room he'd ever been part of so hopefully those two think likewise and sign for us when normality resumes

Not just now we won’t. No clubs are in a position to offer anyone anything.

On 22/05/2020 at 13:24, Diamond10 said:

Just saw on the east fife thread . A fife paper linking us with Aaron Dunsmore the RB we were linked with before. Can’t say I know much about him as a player . Not sure if there’s any truth in it though with Kyle MacDonald signed up let alone the current situation we are in

Does seem a bit of an unnecessary target as I think Kyle is a cracking player but I think he can wing-back and winger as well? Also does seem strange as well as there's no chance we'll be signing any players any time soon. 

If he wasn't signed up to a long-term contract, and we weren't in the midst of a global pandemic haha, I'd love to take Scott Agnew off their hands. He's played under Murray before... 

30 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

If anybody else is missing their football, the old Airdrie pics account on Twitter and Robert Dalzell's Facebook and Twitter pages are uploading a load of old photos everyday. Well worth a look. 

What I would do to attend stale 0-0 draw at home to Stranraer 😔

Wild haha. I would certainly question why he'd want to get involved in a lower league Scottish club like ours but there's no doubt he's a man with money and (potentially fruitful) contacts. A full takeover would be asking for disaster IMO but if he's genuinely keen to get involved and can help the club progress then we'd be daft to turn him down/not look into it at the very least. 

1 hour ago, The clean living guy said:

Although I heard this from a credible source earlier I don't know if I can buy into the Redknapp thing at all. 

Is the credible source called Jamie?