The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

6 minutes ago, DiamondJack85 said:

So what your saying is that teams such as Hearts, Partick, Falkirk and Edinburgh City all got offered places on the reconstruction committe in exchange for their vote and still got places on it despite voting no? Some deal that!!

I should have said "other clubs" instead of "the other clubs". Think its obvious why Hearts, Thistle, Falkirk  and Edinburgh City got places.

12 hours ago, Nipper said:

I should have said "other clubs" instead of "the other clubs". Think its obvious why Hearts, Thistle, Falkirk  and Edinburgh City got places.

Do you not think if the SPFL were going about offering places on a reconstruction committee in exchange for their vote then the whole Dundee debacle would have been avoided and they would have voted yes in the first place.

Interestingly Dundee made the point of saying if what they achieved in those few days after the vote was presented by the SPFL in the first place then they would have voted yes.

I'd say that sounds like the creation of the reconstruction committee came about during those few days after ever other club voted and not used as some bargaining tool before it. Also, I'm sure if the SPFL were going about offering different clubs places on the committee in exchange for their vote then it would have appeared in a certain 'dossier' along with every other allegation 👀

Do you not think if the SPFL were going about offering places on a reconstruction committee in exchange for their vote then the whole Dundee debacle would have been avoided and they would have voted yes in the first place.
Interestingly Dundee made the point of saying if what they achieved in those few days after the vote was presented by the SPFL in the first place then they would have voted yes.
I'd say that sounds like the creation of the reconstruction committee came about during those few days after ever other club voted and not used as some bargaining tool before it. Also, I'm sure if the SPFL were going about offering different clubs places on the committee in exchange for their vote then it would have appeared in a certain 'dossier' along with every other allegation [emoji102]

There were rumours on a ‘Rangers fans’ site that Airdrie and Falkirk had been approached about changing their intended vote. Now I would imagine that this is complete and utter shite for a hundred and one odd reasons but the rumour was out there. I’m actually surprised they didnt put the ‘article’ in the dossier as ‘evidence’ to be honest!

So Airdrie abstained according to the Daily Record. Anyone know why? Essentially a no vote (given the resolution needed a certain number of yes’s) but without the conviction of voting no.
Why not just vote no??

Why not vote yes?

So Airdrie abstained according to the Daily Record. Anyone know why? Essentially a no vote (given the resolution needed a certain number of yes’s) but without the conviction of voting no.
Why not just vote no??

Wonder if they checked their junk mail incase our vote ended up in there

26 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Why not vote yes?

Because the powers that be, in the SFA and SFL need to get rid of all the hangers on and ego maniacs controlling the show and making a dogs bollocks of it. Merge the two bodies and put people in place who are not up their own arses. Do I have to remind Airdrie supporters of George Peat and the extremes that he went to, in order to have a blazer (But he didn't know that Airdrie were in financial trouble when he bailed out and went to Stenhousemuir) to save his precious blazer.

15 hours ago, DiamondJack85 said:

I'd say that sounds like the creation of the reconstruction committee came about during those few days after ever other club voted and not used as some bargaining tool before it. Also, I'm sure if the SPFL were going about offering different clubs places on the committee in exchange for their vote then it would have appeared in a certain 'dossier' along with every other allegation 👀

I said it would be interesting to find out if........never said it definitely happened that way. So are you saying Dundee eventually voted yes because they got assurances about possible reconstruction ?

I'm sure before the vote the media, and every Tom, Dick and Harry was saying that no club should be punished as a result of ending the season early and the only way of doing this was by league reconstruction. It was interesting to see all the different clubs issuing statements after reconstruction was binned. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bizarre-celtic-rangers-peace-plan-22017021

Reading between the lines, the position seems to be: "this mess is all about squabbling between Rangers/Celtic, stick them in a corner and make them sort it out", and abstaining is a way to indicate being fed up with it.

Personally I would probably still have voted yes though.

Anyway, that's my quota used up for bullshit theories for the day.

Edited by G_H

9 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

https://www.airdriefc.com/1920news/200520/Jim-Frame

Former kitman has passed away. Great character and well-respected at the club.

I was sad to hear this news. If I remember it right, Jim was badly injured on the touchline in a midweek game at Brechin, but he returned to working with the club that he clearly loved. condolences to his family and friends.

I was sad to hear this news. If I remember it right, Jim was badly injured on the touchline in a midweek game at Brechin, but he returned to working with the club that he clearly loved. condolences to his family and friends.

It wasn’t midweek, but you are correct. Spent a couple of weeks in Ninewells. Wasn’t the same after it.

1 minute ago, AFC1878 said:

It wasn’t midweek, but you are correct. Spent a couple of weeks in Ninewells. Wasn’t the same after it.

Thanks for the update and I did remember an ambulance being called to the park. I never knew Jim in person but it is sad news for so many.