The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

12 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Good podcast here with Stuart Millar setting out our position on all this. Worth a listen whether you agree or not.

https://www.podbean.com/media/player/k3mrf-89aba38-dir?vjs=1

Good listen, one of the better podcasts,   things are going to be tough for all clubs, as SM stated the club tried to be proactive and sign up the better players for next year, which we all agreed with, which very few other clubs have done,  who are the 9 players signed for next season,  I can only find word on 8 on the website.

6 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Good listen, one of the better podcasts,   things are going to be tough for all clubs, as SM stated the club tried to be proactive and sign up the better players for next year, which we all agreed with, which very few other clubs have done,  who are the 9 players signed for next season,  I can only find word on 8 on the website.

Carrick, Pyott, Fordyce, McCann, Gallagher, MacDonald, Thomson, Crighton, Hutton.

18 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

It's a shambles. Airdrie as a club lurch from one disaster to the next. Just when the furore of the Trust argument had settled down somewhat, the inexplicable vote to shoot our own cock and balls off. The club come up with the well publicised - and well received - begging bowl in the form of Club 1924 then castrate our league campaign without a by your leave, especially to the hundreds of season ticket holders who've saw their value for money purchase go up in smoke.

From my understanding of the other thread on the matter - we're due an outstanding £4k or so - why on earth would we vote to lose any chance of promotion for such a paltry (in the scheme of things) sum?

This is actually why we needed a Trust to hold the board to account rather than the odd cabal we have at the moment.

You really do talk a load of rubbish Mark.

Tell David Gallacher I was asking for him though. 

Does that not apply equally to Airdrie? 

If Falkirk go up then that will help yes. As things stand we’ll have them and Thistle in the league so likely as tough if not tougher than this year.
What’s your point though? I answered why Dundee may feel League reconstruction is of benefit to them.

32 minutes ago, Nipper said:

Can someone help ?

Just bought a pair of  adidas Broomfield retro trainers , 80's casual classics.

Does anyone know the back story ?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.80scasualclassics.co.uk/blog/adidas-broomfield-trainer-airdrieonians-f-c/&ved=2ahUKEwjS8pDsuProAhUUShUIHSq0ACEQFjAAegQIAhAC&usg=AOvVaw1o9EV5pTZFCtoJ4cfi7wU7&cshid=1587503966455

Gives the full story here. 

Voting has opened for goal of the season.    Surely Callum Gallagher against clyde is the winner.   The gallacher winner against Falkirk wins for what it meant in the last minute of a very tense game and the celebration after.   I had a great view of dale Carricks against stranrar.  Fantastic wee flick even heard their goalie and defender ask each other how did that happen?.  Some brilliant goals this season. 

2 hours ago, Ballboy said:

Voting has opened for goal of the season.    Surely Callum Gallagher against clyde is the winner.   The gallacher winner against Falkirk wins for what it meant in the last minute of a very tense game and the celebration after.   I had a great view of dale Carricks against stranrar.  Fantastic wee flick even heard their goalie and defender ask each other how did that happen?.  Some brilliant goals this season. 

Some not bad goals for a long ball team........

5 hours ago, Ballboy said:

Those three were special but it seems so long ago that I will need to look back through my earlier musings. The four at Forfar in the 2nd half would be a start, or how about Paull McKay at Dumbarton or last minute equaliser versus Stranraer? So much choice.