The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

On 11/04/2020 at 01:02, Stainrod said:

What a bunch of reprobates. Pumping Falkirk ma baas . I was brought up to watch us pumping you year after year home and away . Wasn’t that long ago it was 8 or 9 nil ! -I miss the Bloomfield games but the club like the town is fjuvked . There will never be a competitive Airdrie team in the league again !

I think time is playing havoc with your memories. Before us going bust there wasn't much between the two teams.

Yeah Falkirk fans could hark back to the 8 - 0, in fact you could hold that whole 1999/2000 season over us when we were in turmoil you had 3 wins and a draw against us. But Airdrie could always throw games like the 7 -  1 back at you (Alex Fergusons record defeat).

Airdrieonians v Falkirk league fixtures:

Falkirk 1 - 3 Airdrieonians - B.MCKEOWN,J.FLOOD,W.MCGUIRE
Airdrieonians 3 - 1 - J.MCDONAGH,B.MILLAR,D.JARVIE

Airdrieonians 0 - 2 Falkirk
Airdrieonians 0 - 1 Falkirk
Falkirk 2 - 0 Airdrieonians

Falkirk 1 - 1 Airdrieonians - ?
Airdrieonians 1 - 0 Falkirk - ?
Falkirk 4 - 2 Airdrieonians - ?

Airdrieonians 2 - 1 Falkirk - ?
Airdrieonians 1 - 1 Falkirk - J.FLOOD
Airdrieonians 1 - 0 Falkirk - J.FLOOD

Falkirk 1 - 1 Airdrieonians - J.MILLAR

Falkirk 0 - 0 Airdrieonians

Airdrieonians 2 - 0 Falkirk - K.MACDONALD,G.MACLEOD
Airdrieonians 3 - 0 Falkirk - OG,A.LAWRENCE,S.CONN
Airdrieonians 1 - 1 Falkirk - K.MACDONALD
Falkirk 1 - 3 Airdrieonians - A.LAWRENCE

Falkirk 3 - 1 Airdrieonians - S.GRAY
Airdrieonians 1 - 3 Falkirk - WATSON
Falkirk 1 - 1 Airdrieonians - LAWRENCE

Airdrieonians 0 - 3 Falkirk
Falkirk 3 - 2 Airdrieonians - J.WATSON,O.COYLE
Airdrieonians 0 - 0 Falkirk

Falkirk 0 - 3 Airdrieonians - D.KIRKWOOD(2,1Pen),A.SMITH
Airdrieonians 2 - 2 Falkirk - O.COYLE(2)
Airdrieonians 2 - 0 Falkirk - HONOR,LAWRENCE
Falkirk 5 - 1 Airdrieonians - KIRKWOOD

Falkirk 0 - 1 Airdrieonians - SMITH
Falkirk 2 - 1 Airdrieonians - LAWRENCE
Airdrieonians 1 - 1 Falkirk - SMITH

Falkirk 1 - 1 Airdrieonians - P.CONNELLY

Falkirk 0 - 3 Airdrieonians - COOPER(2,1 Pen), P.CONNELLY
Airdrieonians 2 - 0 Falkirk - COOPER(2)
Airdrieonians 2 - 2 Falkirk - S.STEWART,S.COOPER
Falkirk 2 - 1 Airdrieonians - B.MCPHEE

Falkirk 0 - 1 Airdrieonians - G.CONNELLY
Falkirk 0 - 1 Airdrieonians - S.COOPER

Falkirk 1 - 1 Airdrieonians - S.McCORMICK
Airdrieonians 1 - 2 Falkirk - S.TAYLOR(P)

Falkirk 8 - 0 Airdrieonians
Airdrieonians 1 - 2 Falkirk - C.IRELAND
Falkirk 0 - 2 Airdrieonians - F.MOREAU, T.PILVI

Airdrieonians 1 - 2 Falkirk - S.TAYLOR
Falkirk 1 - 1 Airdrieonians - O.COYLE
Airdrieonians 2 - 1 Falkirk - N.MACFARLANE,O.COYLE
Falkirk 1 - 2 Airdrieonians - C.MACPHERSON,M.ROBERTS

Falkirk 2 - 2 Airdrieonians - M.ROBERTS,S.TAYLOR

Yes, I'm very bored. 😕

I think time is playing havoc with your memories. Before us going bust there wasn't much between the two teams.
Yeah Falkirk fans could hark back to the 8 - 0, in fact you could hold that whole 1999/2000 season over us when we were in turmoil you had 3 wins and a draw against us. But Airdrie could always throw games like the 7 -  1 back at you (Alex Fergusons record defeat).
Airdrieonians v Falkirk league fixtures:
Falkirk 1 - 3 Airdrieonians - B.MCKEOWN,J.FLOOD,W.MCGUIRE
Airdrieonians 3 - 1 - J.MCDONAGH,B.MILLAR,D.JARVIE
Falkirk 1 - 1 Airdrieonians - ?
Airdrieonians 1 - 0 Falkirk - ?
Falkirk 4 - 2 Airdrieonians - ?
Airdrieonians 2 - 1 Falkirk - ?
Airdrieonians 1 - 1 Falkirk - J.FLOOD
Airdrieonians 1 - 0 Falkirk - J.FLOOD
Falkirk 1 - 1 Airdrieonians - J.MILLAR
Airdrieonians 2 - 0 Falkirk - K.MACDONALD,G.MACLEOD
Airdrieonians 3 - 0 Falkirk - OG,A.LAWRENCE,S.CONN
Airdrieonians 1 - 1 Falkirk - K.MACDONALD
Falkirk 1 - 3 Airdrieonians - A.LAWRENCE
Falkirk 3 - 1 Airdrieonians - S.GRAY
Airdrieonians 1 - 3 Falkirk - WATSON
Falkirk 1 - 1 Airdrieonians - LAWRENCE
Falkirk 3 - 2 Airdrieonians - J.WATSON,O.COYLE
Falkirk 0 - 3 Airdrieonians - D.KIRKWOOD(2,1Pen),A.SMITH
Airdrieonians 2 - 2 Falkirk - O.COYLE(2)
Airdrieonians 2 - 0 Falkirk - HONOR,LAWRENCE
Falkirk 5 - 1 Airdrieonians - KIRKWOOD
Falkirk 0 - 1 Airdrieonians - SMITH
Falkirk 2 - 1 Airdrieonians - LAWRENCE
Airdrieonians 1 - 1 Falkirk - SMITH
Falkirk 1 - 1 Airdrieonians - P.CONNELLY
Falkirk 0 - 3 Airdrieonians - COOPER(2,1 Pen), P.CONNELLY
Airdrieonians 2 - 0 Falkirk - COOPER(2)
Airdrieonians 2 - 2 Falkirk - S.STEWART,S.COOPER
Falkirk 2 - 1 Airdrieonians - B.MCPHEE
Falkirk 0 - 1 Airdrieonians - G.CONNELLY
Falkirk 0 - 1 Airdrieonians - S.COOPER
Falkirk 1 - 1 Airdrieonians - S.McCORMICK
Airdrieonians 1 - 2 Falkirk - S.TAYLOR(P)
Falkirk 8 - 0 Airdrieonians
Airdrieonians 1 - 2 Falkirk - C.IRELAND
Falkirk 0 - 2 Airdrieonians - F.MOREAU, T.PILVI
Airdrieonians 1 - 2 Falkirk - S.TAYLOR
Falkirk 1 - 1 Airdrieonians - O.COYLE
Airdrieonians 2 - 1 Falkirk - N.MACFARLANE,O.COYLE
Falkirk 1 - 2 Airdrieonians - C.MACPHERSON,M.ROBERTS
Falkirk 2 - 2 Airdrieonians - M.ROBERTS,S.TAYLOR

Yes, I'm very bored. [emoji53]

Some way to spend your Birthday! Hope you’re having as good a day as possible [emoji512]

8-0 [emoji24] I was one of the fans who walked to that game, you’d think the team had joined us.

1998 - 4 away wins is crazy.

I can remember the 2000 game at Brockville when Pilvi scored the 2nd and jumped into the crowd. I could be wrong but I’m sure it was his debut.

If I remember correctly, Ian McCall’s first game in charge was at home to Falkirk (possibly the 1-2 that Ireland scored)

The last one the springs to mind was a game at Brockville when ourselves and Thistle were going for the 1st Division title. Falkirk had underestimated the number of fans we would take up and only allocated us the pen at the front of the Main Stand. Those that arrived after 10 to 3 couldn’t get in and the kick-off was delayed while half of us were taken round the track to the other side of the ground.

20 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Some way to spend your Birthday! Hope you’re having as good a day as possible emoji512.png

8-0 emoji24.png I was one of the fans who walked to that game, you’d think the team had joined us.

1998 - 4 away wins is crazy.

Cheers, mate. Although this was posted the day before my birthday, not that my actaul birthday was much more exciting.  lol

On 13/04/2020 at 15:44, AFC1878 said:

I can remember the 2000 game at Brockville when Pilvi scored the 2nd and jumped into the crowd. I could be wrong but I’m sure it was his debut.

If I remember correctly, Ian McCall’s first game in charge was at home to Falkirk (possibly the 1-2 that Ireland scored)

The last one the springs to mind was a game at Brockville when ourselves and Thistle were going for the 1st Division title. Falkirk had underestimated the number of fans we would take up and only allocated us the pen at the front of the Main Stand. Those that arrived after 10 to 3 couldn’t get in and the kick-off was delayed while half of us were taken round the track to the other side of the ground.

For some reason I thought that was a nightime game. I can remember when Pilvi scored and ran to the crown - it was chaos but very dark?

He also used to keep an eye on the Stomp for his own name cropping up. Always got the impression he loved his time with us.

For some reason I thought that was a nightime game. I can remember when Pilvi scored and ran to the crown - it was chaos but very dark?

He also used to keep an eye on the Stomp for his own name cropping up. Always got the impression he loved his time with us.

He signed in November, and it was late on in the game so it would have been dark. That will explain why you thought it was a night game.

Another year at least in this league then. Potentially will be harder too with Thistle and Falkirk in there. Wouldn’t fancy our chances as I’m sure we’ll need to cut the budget and don’t have the crowds to match their attendances.
Be nice to get a statement from the club on what went on. I think a number of the teams directly impacted (eg ICT, Falkirk, Thistle, Edinburgh City, East Fife, Stranraer) have all come out and spoken. Appreciate the way the SPFL have managed this has been a shambles.
Wouldn’t hold out any hope of reconstruction now with 11-1 being the requirement in the top league.

21 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Another year at least in this league then. Potentially will be harder too with Thistle and Falkirk in there. Wouldn’t fancy our chances as I’m sure we’ll need to cut the budget and don’t have the crowds to match their attendances.
Be nice to get a statement from the club on what went on. I think a number of the teams directly impacted (eg ICT, Falkirk, Thistle, Edinburgh City, East Fife, Stranraer) have all come out and spoken. Appreciate the way the SPFL have managed this has been a shambles.
Wouldn’t hold out any hope of reconstruction now with 11-1 being the requirement in the top league.

As much as football isn't that important right now I'm a bit bemused with the club at the moment. Would like to know the reasoning behind this. 

16 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

I'd be surprised if there wasn't some sort of reconstruction,  especially after the debacle of this weekend. Too much has went on and the only way for the SPFL to save face will be to try and push through a solution that will prevent Hearts, Partick and Stranraer being relegated. 

The lower leagues had no chance of getting the leagues played to a finish due to the majority of players being out of contract so I'd imagine our best chances of being promoted are via reconstruction of the leagues.

Pretty shambolic situation , I’d imagine we are doomed to another season in this league. I’d guess If any reconstruction came about we’ll fall short from finishing third which is a real shame as we had as good a chance as any of promotion and the First season in a long time I’ve felt proud of the team shame for it to end like this

Hopefully we get a statement ASAP to explain our situation and standpoint

It's a shambles. Airdrie as a club lurch from one disaster to the next. Just when the furore of the Trust argument had settled down somewhat, the inexplicable vote to shoot our own cock and balls off. The club come up with the well publicised - and well received - begging bowl in the form of Club 1924 then castrate our league campaign without a by your leave, especially to the hundreds of season ticket holders who've saw their value for money purchase go up in smoke.

From my understanding of the other thread on the matter - we're due an outstanding £4k or so - why on earth would we vote to lose any chance of promotion for such a paltry (in the scheme of things) sum?

This is actually why we needed a Trust to hold the board to account rather than the odd cabal we have at the moment.

Edited by Pesadilla

7 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

It's a shambles. Airdrie as a club lurch from one disaster to the next. Just when the furore of the Trust argument had settled down somewhat, the inexplicable vote to shoot our own cock and balls off. The club come up with the well publicised - and well received - begging bowl in the form of Club 1924 then castrate our league campaign without a by your leave, especially to the hundreds of season ticket holders who've saw their value for money purchase go up in smoke.

From my understanding of the other thread on the matter - we're due an outstanding £4k or so - why on earth would we vote to lose any chance of promotion for such a paltry (in the scheme of things) sum?

This is actually why we needed a Trust to hold the board to account rather than the odd cabal we have at the moment.

The prize money owed varies from tabloid to tabloid,  it is very much a grey area if we are going by what the For far chairman claimed that they were owed 3.7k from there overall prize money that apparently gets paid in 3 instalments......  If we go with these figures Airdrie are due in the region of 19k.     Overall season  prize money for finishing third is 87.5k